Tracfone experts needed-Double minutes question

Toots

Mouseketeer
We purchased a Tracfone last year for our son and bought the double minutes card with a years service. I've since taken over that phone and bought another Tracfone for him. He doesn't use that many minutes so we won't do the double minutes on the his new phone.

The year will be up next week for the double minutes plan and I'm wondering what I should do now. The phone still has 500 minutes on it (we did referrals and bonus minutes) and we've never used the double minutes feature. I was thinking of buying 400 minutes (making 800 total). How does Tracfone know to double your minutes when you add minutes? Also, can you still use a code and also double your minutes? Is the 400 minutes deal the best value? Any tips appreciated. :)

Toots said:
We purchased a Tracfone last year for our son and bought the double minutes card with a years service. I've since taken over that phone and bought another Tracfone for him. He doesn't use that many minutes so we won't do the double minutes on the his new phone.

The year will be up next week for the double minutes plan and I'm wondering what I should do now. The phone still has 500 minutes on it (we did referrals and bonus minutes) and we've never used the double minutes feature. I was thinking of buying 400 minutes (making 800 total). How does Tracfone know to double your minutes when you add minutes? Also, can you still use a code and also double your minutes? Is the 400 minutes deal the best value? Any tips appreciated. :)
IF you are going to continue to use it, the 400 minute WITH an access code is the best value. Tracfone's system just *knows* when your dbl minutes end.

I have 1800 minutes on my Tracfone - the dbl minutes end in October - I'll be buying probably 3 or 4 400 minute cards to get lots o' minutes added.

This all being said - keep an eye on the date on your phone - if your date gets close, put a $10 card on it to extend the date another 3 months.

Thanks for the reply Plummer925. I will continue to use the phone, and more often since I recently cancelled my Cingular account.

You mentioned an access code. Is this the same as a promotional code given out by Tracfone? Also, how to you get 3 months with a $10 card?

Thanks again. :sunny:

plummer925 said:
This all being said - keep an eye on the date on your phone - if your date gets close, put a $10 card on it to extend the date another 3 months.
Yep! Exactly what Plummer said. :thumbsup2

When you are adding on the card to double your minutes online, there is a Tracfone advertisement box to the right of the screen, offering another 30 or 60 days for $5 or $10. Due this close to your current expiration date, as the Tracfone system only allows a maximum of four months to be added (unless you buy a new 1 year card.)

At some point, if you do decide to add on another 1 year card, add on any cards (with bonus codes) FIRST. This bumps your expiration date forward 60 days. Or buy that $10 card to extend another 60 days. THEN add on the 1 year card second. Your expiration date will be added on the END of the 60 days. You will get a total of 14 months this way. :thumbsup2

If you add on the 1 year card first, the the time from any cards added on second will be absorbed within the 1 year time frame instead of extending it. Hope that makes sense. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter