• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

TR: Our Magical Honeymoon at the Grand Californian

So, so, so loving everything you have posted, but this made me scream ...

I see Sharks jerseys!! Made me all happy. Then I got sad.

I know... its depressing for sharks fans because we don't do so hot in the playoffs. But we still beat the ducks 4-1 that night. And we were in the middle of duck country went we won! :cool1:

I know... its depressing for sharks fans because we don't do so hot in the playoffs. But we still beat the ducks 4-1 that night. And we were in the middle of duck country went we won! :cool1:

We got some happy moments, but were left in disappointment. Again. It's hard going to work right now because our top manager is a huge Red Wings fan and is from Michigan and likes to keep reminding me that as of last night they lead the series 3-2.

I will be in a Sharks-gloom until mid-August. It'll be interesting to see what changes are made this year.

Yay!!! I'm glad we have some followers out there! :cool1:

I try not to think about the Sharks too much...its too depressing. Every year we think "this is the year!" and then they choke. Oh well...on to baseball
season...GO GIANTS!! :goodvibes

So, when we last left off I was feeling a little under the weather and was hoping a good night’s rest would cure me. Sadly, this was not the case. I woke up with a full blown cold (runny nose, sore throat, achy) but I wasn't going to let that get in the way of our character breakfast. I had made PS for the Plaza Inn and we headed over to the park for early entry. I had never been in the Plaza Inn before and I was amazed by how beautiful it was! The stained glass lighting in the buffet area was just gorgeous.

Here is a picture of the ceiling
n29906113_32217411_9472.jpg

We also got a picture on the porch
n29906113_32217412_393.jpg

Tigger sure was into this hug!

n29906113_32217395_7616.jpg

n29906113_32217396_8533.jpg

Our table
n29906113_32217410_8540.jpg

Me with Minnie Mouse
n29906113_32217397_9470.jpg

Captain Hook tried to steal me away from Jason. They ended up having a duel (Jason used his butter knife) and he won me back! My hero!
n29906113_32217399_1306.jpg

Alice was so cute – there was a little boy at the table next to us who turned bright red when she was talking to him. From then on his family teased him that she was his girlfriend! He was so embarrassed! :blush:
n29906113_32217405_2607.jpg

n29906113_32217406_3703.jpg

The Fairy Godmother was very sweet and was naming all the names she could think of that started with a “J” so we would have plenty to choose from when we have children. Our favorite was Jemima! :rotfl:
n29906113_32217409_7009.jpg

Rafiki - he actually has a blue bum!
n29906113_32217407_4806.jpg

n29906113_32217408_5912.jpg

I haven’t done a character breakfast since I was a little girl and I have to say that I was a little worried about us being the only people without kids in there. I needn’t have worried though! There were plenty of people without kids and I felt perfectly at ease. The characters were great and the food was excellent. I don’t know if I’d do another one before we have kids though. I felt like we had a good reason for being there (our honeymoon) so all the characters focused on that. There wouldn’t be much to focus on if we were just randomly there. Just MHO.

After the excitement of the character breakfast was gone I was starting to feel really sick again. :sick: We went back to the room where I took a very long nap and Jason wandered around DTD (I believe he got himself a pretzel and people watched). When I woke up I really felt like some gumbo, so my wonderful husband went to Ralph Brennan’s and some for me to-go! It was so good; there is nothing like some hot and spicy soup to clear up your sinuses! We hung out in the room for a little while more and then went to explore DTD. We did some shopping in the World of Disney (Sleeping Beauty had just come out on DVD and we bought it on Blue Ray). After dropping off our souvenirs in the room we headed over to ESPN Zone for dinner (are you getting the feeling that we really like this place yet?). We sat at the bar next to a really nice couple. After hearing that we were just married they bought a bottle of champagne and we all shared it together! It turns out that we were actually right in front of their kids in their Space Mountain picture! Small world eh? Their kids (teenagers) were so funny and they kept us laughing all night long. Baseball playoffs were going on (the Red Sox series) and they were die-hard Red Sox fans. It was so much fun to drink champagne, watch the game and hang out with them for a few hours.

The only picture I have doesn’t include their kids
n29906113_32217413_1328.jpg

When the game was over we headed back to the room to get some much needed rest. I believe there was a piano player in the fountain area this night and we enjoyed hearing him play while getting ready for bed.

Up next – Our Last Day! :sad1:

Sorry I’ve been MIA for so long…the last day is always the saddest and I’ve been putting off posting this last part. But I’m here to finish it now, so here it goes!

We slept in a little in the morning and then decided to go over to DCA.

Here is a picture of the entrance. I love the Golden “State” Bridge with the candy corns!

n29906113_32217419_8885.jpg

Next we headed over to see A Bugs Life - it is such a cute show and for some reason the bug poking you in the back always scares me!

n29906113_32217420_174.jpg

The Grizzly bear

n29906113_32217421_1398.jpg

Jason with his groom ears on

n29906113_32217583_606.jpg

Here I am in the Hollywood section. I think I was waiting for Jason to get a corn dog – he loves those things!

n29906113_32217584_1489.jpg

Here is Jason and I with Wall-E. We love this movie – Wall-E is so cute! :goodvibes

n29906113_32217585_2353.jpg

n29906113_32217586_3246.jpg

So, the last two times we have gone to Disneyland Jason has promised to go on TOT with me and he’s always found a reason not to go through with it. I know he hates drop rides so it didn’t really bother me. This time however, he was determined to do it. His best man and best friend Adam had gone on TOT when he was in DL a few months prior to our wedding and he was giving Jason flack for not going on it. Adam claimed “it wasn’t that bad”. So, Jason and I made our way over to TOT.

He was less than thrilled about the impending ride…

n29906113_32217588_9444.jpg

I was excited however!

n29906113_32217589_511.jpg

As we got closer to the loading area Jason got more and more quiet. I told him he could just step through the ride and wait for me while I rode it, but he said he was going to ride it once just to shut everyone up! :rotfl: So we get on, he grabs my hand and the whole time the elevator was going up and dropping he was yelling “I hate drop rides!!! I hate f***ing drop rides!!!!” Needless to say he will not be riding on it again. I think the worst part for him was that it takes you back up and then drops you, then goes back up, then drops you… :scared: Oh well. I liked it and may go on it by myself when we are there in September.

Here is his “I’m never going on that ride again” face.

n29906113_32217590_1564.jpg

The ride tired him out so we went back to the GC and rested near the big hearth. Jason took a nap and I wrote in my wedding/honeymoon journal and read some Harry Potter. There was a piano player playing Disney songs and it was so wonderful just to sit and relax in such a beautiful place.

n29906113_32217591_2638.jpg

n29906113_32217592_3559.jpg

n29906113_32217598_8717.jpg

We cleaned up a couple of hours later and headed back into Disneyland. We hit up the Fantasyland rides again where I got this picture with Mr. Toad!

n29906113_32217602_3383.jpg

We concluded the evening by watching Wishes in front of the Castle. I absolutely love that show. It’s perfect. I’m not sure if it’s different now that it’s not “the year of a million dreams” anymore so I’m kind of scared to see it when we go in September.

Well, that was our honeymoon trip! The drive back is never nearly as fun as the drive down and we had some serious Post Disney Depression (PDD). When they came out with the “get in free on your birthday” I had the idea of going down again for Jason’s birthday since its only two weeks before our anniversary and we could make it a dual celebration trip! I’ll be starting a PTR for that trip in the next couple of days. :yay:

Thanks for reading!!!!

We Finally got it done! Thanks babe, your final post was awesome. Not everyone knows what a foul mouth wuss I am...Great:laughing: But This was a trip of a lifetime. I just can't wait to go back, and we have to stay at GC again someday. IT WAS AWESOME! And I can't wait to write some more threads on the board!

Wow, I'm way late, but I read this from the link I found on your pre trip report, and just had to comment! It was probably the most enjoyable trip report ever and you guys are just so cute together! :lovestruc It was completely adorable.

And BTW, your wedding dress was absolutely GORGEOUS!!

Wow, I'm way late, but I read this from the link I found on your pre trip report, and just had to comment! It was probably the most enjoyable trip report ever and you guys are just so cute together! :lovestruc It was completely adorable.

And BTW, your wedding dress was absolutely GORGEOUS!!

Thank you so much! I'm so glad that you enjoyed our TR! :goodvibes

And thank you for the complement about my dress. I absolutly felt like a princess in it!! princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter