TR -Dexter and Skylar Drive Mommy Crazy! With Pictures and Videos. Updated 2/17/09

Skylar is soo cute! I love that video!!! Awesome about DVC...I think the only place I would want to buy into is AKL!

That's great about DVC! :banana:

How are you managing keeping the surprise from Shawn with all the comments he is making??? I stink at keeping secrets -- there is no way I could do it! :laughing:

Skylar is soo cute! I love that video!!! Awesome about DVC...I think the only place I would want to buy into is AKL!

Yeah the Animal Kingdom is cool. I just hope the rumours are right about the the DVC at the contemporary!! I would never be able to stay there if it wasn't for the DVC!!!! :love:

That's great about DVC! :banana:

How are you managing keeping the surprise from Shawn with all the comments he is making??? I stink at keeping secrets -- there is no way I could do it! :laughing:

It's getting easier and easier!! :laughing: Especially now that I can talk to him about joining the DVC!! :woohoo:

It's so hard for me to keep a secret, I would love to do something like you're doing. You'll be my inspiration.

It's so hard for me to keep a secret, I would love to do something like you're doing. You'll be my inspiration.

You know it's kinda funny cause at first it was hard, but I can always talk to you guys about it. Plus it's been a week so the "newness" of it has warn off... so now I just have to worry about paying for all of it. :scared1:
And that's not as much fun to talk about. :lmao:

-nat

I"m new to the site, and have read about your past trips. Your children are absolutely beautiful. I"m excited to read all about your planning, and to see what your H thinks about your plans for the next vaca.

Sky and dexter are cute as can be! I would love to have a girl somday, I already have my 2 boys:thumbsup2

DVC:worship: WOW- I wish I knew more about them, I am thinking of looking into renting points our next visit. I have heard people talk about doing this and that it is waay cheaper but I am DVC dumb and have alot of researching to do!

So cool that you are keeping this stuff a suprise! I tryed to keep WL a secret but that didnt work, so Im sure I couldnt keep all this a secret.:goodvibes

I"m new to the site, and have read about your past trips. Your children are absolutely beautiful. I"m excited to read all about your planning, and to see what your H thinks about your plans for the next vaca.
:welcome:
Dis is awesome!! Your going to love it here!

Sky and dexter are cute as can be! I would love to have a girl somday, I already have my 2 boys:thumbsup2

DVC:worship: WOW- I wish I knew more about them, I am thinking of looking into renting points our next visit. I have heard people talk about doing this and that it is waay cheaper but I am DVC dumb and have alot of researching to do!

So cool that you are keeping this stuff a suprise! I tryed to keep WL a secret but that didnt work, so Im sure I couldnt keep all this a secret.:goodvibes

Good luck on the baby girl! I always wanted one of each.
The DVC is great. You should take a tour while your at Disney. We have a DVC store here in the Chicago-land area.
I got a great deal from my friend who rented me the points 4 nights at wilderness for $400!!!!!! (should have been $528 for $11 a point) :woohoo:

-nat

So I guess this is where the planning starts full force.

SATURDAY - I am going to pick a very early flight. Shawn isn't a big fan of waking up early when he doesn't have to work but "honey it's the only flight I could find" :laughing:
No big Dinning plans for today since we won't have the dinning plan until we check into the Wilderness Lodge.
I'm thinking we'll get to POP - I'll check in while Shawn watches the kids. I'm not sure what park we are going to do today.
After we're done at a park I would like to head over to Downtown Disney and have Earl for dinner.
Sometime during the day I'll tell Shawn that I asked for a room by the pool and that we will be transferring there on Sunday so don't unpack. I know this is going to provide a huge problem for Shawn since he HATES moving rooms... but I'll just tell him it's already done and would be more problem to change again.

SUNDAY - This is my BIG surprise day. We'll wake up and go to the MK and have fun there until around 3:30pm. This is when Daddy-Dexter time starts. Shawn wants to take Dexter on those little boats for an hour. (I told Shawn even though it is expensive, it's part of trying to make this trip 'special' hahahahah) While they are on the boat I am going to check in the Villa's Wilderness Lodge. Me and Sky will go up to our room and put a box on the bed - the box will contain a few small gifts and our cruise documents. :woohoo:
We'll meet back up with the boys in the lobby. We'll be eating dinner there.
After dinner I am going to tell Shawn I want to walk around the Villa's since we are now DVC members, and I want to check them out. Hopefully I'll be able to start recording our experience at this time. Then when we get to our new room I'm going to tell Shawn that I'm ready to go to our room. When he turns to leave I'll ask him where he is going and tell him THIS is our room. He'll open the door and then see the box. Open the box and SURPRISE!!!! Two surprises in one.
My other idea was to tell him that I got a special key to check out a room since we are DVC members. And then have him open the box.... what do you think??? The second idea my work better since he is not the kind of person who likes to sneak around were he doesn't belong.

That's as far as I have gotten in planning.
PLEASE tell me your ideas!!!

-nat

Sounds so great! I don't know how you'll ever keep it a surprise though!

I bought new pots and pans and they are being shipped and I can hardly keep that a surprise for 1 week from DH! :rotfl:

Sounds so great! I don't know how you'll ever keep it a surprise though!

I bought new pots and pans and they are being shipped and I can hardly keep that a surprise for 1 week from DH! :rotfl:

:lmao: Your too funny!!!!
I think its going to start being hard when the cruise documents come.
But there is a long time before then.

Hi Natale -

I've been lurking on these boards for a long time (3 years) and just want to come out of hiding to say hi. I read your trip report last year and I was wondering when you were going to plan your next trip.

Dexter and Skyler are so cute! I love your videos of Dexter! I have twin boys that are about Dexter's age, and it seems that we live in the same area.

Our next trip is in October and we are hoping to rent DVC points like you. We're hoping to stay at AKV!

Sounds great!! But what if you get a room by the pool at pop already! lol!! I think the second option sounds better where you tell him you inquired about checking out one of the villas and they gave you a key!

So I guess this is where the planning starts full force.

SATURDAY - I am going to pick a very early flight. Shawn isn't a big fan of waking up early when he doesn't have to work but "honey it's the only flight I could find" :laughing:
No big Dinning plans for today since we won't have the dinning plan until we check into the Wilderness Lodge.
I'm thinking we'll get to POP - I'll check in while Shawn watches the kids. I'm not sure what park we are going to do today.
After we're done at a park I would like to head over to Downtown Disney and have Earl for dinner.
Sometime during the day I'll tell Shawn that I asked for a room by the pool and that we will be transferring there on Sunday so don't unpack. I know this is going to provide a huge problem for Shawn since he HATES moving rooms... but I'll just tell him it's already done and would be more problem to change again.

SUNDAY - This is my BIG surprise day. We'll wake up and go to the MK and have fun there until around 3:30pm. This is when Daddy-Dexter time starts. Shawn wants to take Dexter on those little boats for an hour. (I told Shawn even though it is expensive, it's part of trying to make this trip 'special' hahahahah) While they are on the boat I am going to check in the Villa's Wilderness Lodge. Me and Sky will go up to our room and put a box on the bed - the box will contain a few small gifts and our cruise documents. :woohoo:
We'll meet back up with the boys in the lobby. We'll be eating dinner there.
After dinner I am going to tell Shawn I want to walk around the Villa's since we are now DVC members, and I want to check them out. Hopefully I'll be able to start recording our experience at this time. Then when we get to our new room I'm going to tell Shawn that I'm ready to go to our room. When he turns to leave I'll ask him where he is going and tell him THIS is our room. He'll open the door and then see the box. Open the box and SURPRISE!!!! Two surprises in one.
My other idea was to tell him that I got a special key to check out a room since we are DVC members. And then have him open the box.... what do you think??? The second idea my work better since he is not the kind of person who likes to sneak around were he doesn't belong.

That's as far as I have gotten in planning.
PLEASE tell me your ideas!!!

-nat

I like idea #2!!! Will go over the best! You could get really creative as well by placing premade signs up or something in the room!

You guys are right! I'm going with my second idea. I guess that means the surprise may be before dinner then - so I can say that I JUST got the 'special' key before they met up with us.

The only problem with pre-made signs is ... where am I going to put them?? All I'll have is a backpack or else Shawn is going to start thinking something is going on.

These six months are going to DRAG!!

-nat

So Guys - - I think I am going a little crazy. I now am ready to admit that I am a Disney-aholic :thumbsup2
Well... I have been wanting to join the DVC for a long time... about 3-4 years and we have always said that we have to wait. WELL a really good deal came up that we did feel we could pass up. :yay: It's only 100 points BUT that means it's only $124 a month + $39 fee that we start paying in May09(for 10 years, rather then $265) I figured it's kind of like saving for a trip.. but instead of staying at POP, for around the same amount we can now stay a Deluxe hotels!!!! And after the ten years it's like were going for FREE!!!!
The only catch is that our points don't start until the new DVC at the Animal Kingdom Lodge opens. So we are still going as planed (well as I have planned.. hee hee) in January. Shawn's funny.. he is sad that we can't use our points and have to stay a POP one last time. He said that he really wishes we could make that trip special since he hasn't gone in a really long time. :lmao: I told him that maybe will save some money so that he can do an extra tour or something :rotfl:

Skylar woke up... gotta go!
-nat

How did you get this DVC deal? My husband and I were at the Doorway to Dreams store in Woodfield mall last weekend and they told us we had to buy a mimimum for 160 points. I might be able to convince him if we only had to buy 100 points. :goodvibes

How did you get this DVC deal? My husband and I were at the Doorway to Dreams store in Woodfield mall last weekend and they told us we had to buy a mimimum for 160 points. I might be able to convince him if we only had to buy 100 points. :goodvibes

I PMed you!! It's a great deal... it's the only way we were able to do it!!
I know its a limited time offer BUT I just gave them my down payment on Saturday... so it can't be over yet!!
:banana: :banana: :banana:
-nat

Just a quick little non Disney update!!! I lost another 5lbs!! That means I am 10lbs away from my 'goal' weight!!! It also means I am 15 lbs under my pre-pregnancy weight!!! :banana:
So I have lost 60lbs in 5 months. (if you count the weight right before I gave birth) :yay:
OK... that's it... I'm just excited and wanted to say it out loud!!.:rotfl:

Hi Natale,

Congrats on the weight loss! That is awesome. I have a three year old and still have a few pregnancy pounds left!!! Your January plans sound like a lot of fun! I hope you guys have a great time at the Lodge (we LOVE it there) and on your cruise. We are DVC members already, but I have some family that would love to join, so I was hoping you could PM me the info about the deal you got, so I can forward it on to them. Congrats on the purchase of the DVC! It really is awesome! We are so happy we did it! Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter