• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

TP & child swap?

momneedscoffee13

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if touring plans adds in the additional time for child swap to that same attraction (at that same time)? Sorry it sounds confusing! For example, I've added child swap to Buzz Lightyear's spin, TP says the duration is 15 min...I'm guessing that's enough time for us to ride it back to back for the child swap?

Thanks!

I have no idea what TP does, but there's no height requirement for Buzz, so no child swap.
I would think 15 minutes is one time through using fast pass.

Does anyone know if touring plans adds in the additional time for child swap to that same attraction (at that same time)? Sorry it sounds confusing! For example, I've added child swap to Buzz Lightyear's spin, TP says the duration is 15 min...I'm guessing that's enough time for us to ride it back to back for the child swap?

Thanks!

Yes, it does add in the additional time for child swap. Thanks for using the site.

I have no idea what TP does, but there's no height requirement for Buzz, so no child swap.
I would think 15 minutes is one time through using fast pass.

I agree. Why do you want to use child swap on Buzz? I don't think that you will be able to since there is no height requirement.

There's no reason not to be able to get a rider switch pass. It's given out for more reasons that just not being able to ride due to height restrictions.

If Guests in your party don’t want to board an attraction, you don’t have to miss out. One adult can wait with the non-rider while the rest of the party experiences the attraction. The waiting adult can then board the attraction without having to wait in the regular line again when another adult in the party returns to supervise the child or children who do not ride—either because they do not meet the height requirement or simply do not wish to ride.

There's no reason not to be able to get a rider switch pass. It's given out for more reasons that just not being able to ride due to height restrictions.

That's what it says on the website, but that isn't how it works. CMs are trained to only give rider switch passes if there is a child who does not meet the height requirement.

That's what it says on the website, but that isn't how it works. CMs are trained to only give rider switch passes if there is a child who does not meet the height requirement.

Alesia is correct. The guidelines clearly state that a swap pass will be given if a child doesn't want to ride, but in all actuality it's up to the CM's discretion. In May I witnessed a swap pass request for JC be denied.

Alesia is correct. The guidelines clearly state that a swap pass will be given if a child doesn't want to ride, but in all actuality it's up to the CM's discretion. In May I witnessed a swap pass request for JC be denied.

It's really not up to the individual cm's discretion. It's their stated policy. If someone is denied a swap by a cm because their child is tall enough to ride or because there is no height requirement, I would suggest a trip to guest services because they are violating policy.

We've never had an issue with getting a rider switch pass with my grandson. They've never even suggested we measure him on height restricted rides nor said a word on a ride he was tall enough to ride.

It's how it works for us and has for the 2.5 years.

But is rider swap even an option on rides like Buzz where there is no height requirement? I would imagine that they don't even have the capability of rider swap, so it can't be up to the CM's discretion (unlike a ride that has a height requirement and a rider swap option with a guest who meets the requirement but doesn't want to ride). Has anyone ever done a rider swap on a ride without a height requirement? (BTW: why would you want to?)

I hadn't even thought of that, but you're right, not all rides offer swaps, there's a list somewhere. It may well be TSM doesn't offer swaps which sort fixes the whole issue. I'm not sure if they even offer swap for rides with no height restrictions now that I think about it. I'm going on our experience and since my grandson is very tall for his age, he qualifies to ride things we don't think he's ready for- but it's true, if they don't offer a swap, you can't get one obviously.

But we've just never had a problem getting a swap on those rides where he met the height restriction. And since they have it in their policy, they have to give them when requested. I don't recall offhand if we've ever tried one that didn't have a height requirement, so I have no idea if they actually have them on hand or not.

I don't think it's a matter of capability, it's just do they have the swap tickets on hand at rides with no height requirements?

Has anyone ever done a rider swap on a ride without a height requirement? (BTW: why would you want to?)

I can't answer if they do - we didn't think they did and so have operated as if they didn't for our past two trips - but I can speak to why you would want to.

My 10 year old DD is tall enough - and then some - to ride every ride at Disney. But she cannot. It is not a restriction by Disney, but a restriction by her needs. It is not a matter of "just doesn't want to" (although there are some rides where that is true, too, to be perfectly honest). It is not a DAS card situation - when she can ride the ride, the lines are no problem.

We have simply not been able to ride rides (or just one parent gets to ride) unless there is a very short line or FP. Such is life. If Rider Swap was available, we might avail ourselves of it. We had been led to believe there was not for our situation, so we have not.

I'm not trying to change the situation, just answering your question as to why it could be seen as beneficial to have a rider swap when child is tall enough to ride (or where there is not a ride height restriction at all).:)

As for why - I have a 4 yr old who really wants to go on this ride, and a 1 yr old who would probably be scared and scream the entire time. Between myself, my husband, and my parents, someone needs to sit out with my 1 yr old - but would still like to experience the ride with my son.

And per Touring Plans website, they have a list of rides that allow rider swap, and Buzz is listed as one of them. I guess I will find out when we go in a couple of weeks! :)

http://touringplans.com/magic-kingdom/attractions/rider-swap

I don't know your child obviously, but the ride is really not scary to a infant, it is just glow-in-the-dark. All of mine were scared of other rides at one, but definitely not that one

Watch the YouTube video for yourself before you go, it is an excellent gauge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter