• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

toying between SF or RP for Septmber

Looking to go in September for HRH - Sept 23rd to 27th - what may crowds be like during the day? should I pay extra for RP for the fast passes?

Not sure about this year but we usually go September and crowds are low so I’m not sure you will need the EP from RP. However we have yet to stay at anything below the top tier with the express passes because the deals for AP in September can be fantastic. I am noticing a lot less room availability this year compared to other years. This year I want to try SF.

There are a few September weeks still available for RP that are not high end.

Believe SF has more availability for most weeks that month

That is normally a slower time of the year, but I'd still guess there would be some crowds on the weekend days. And who knows what crowds will really look like this fall as new stay patterns may emerge.

As for whether you should pay extra over SFR to get EPs, I can't tell you what you should do. I can tell you that I have gone more than once over that time frame and almost always stay at a Premier hotel (to get those EPs.) So for me, the expense is worth it (of course that does depend on just how large the price difference is). It is great to be able to decide last minute which park, which rides, etc. and not have to worry about wait times or whether a particular park will be as crowded as another. It provides a very laid-back park experience.

For you, only you can say.

I actually took SF only because RP sold out. I think I waited too long to book. Going to do one night HHN. Haven't been in many years so looking forward to it.
I guess I get up early and do the one hour early entry and hope for the best. I will keep trying to switch hotels. Lots of things change in 4 months.
Thanks all for your input

Sapphire is a beautiful resort. You can get a lot done in the early entry provided you’re in the front of the queue! And it’s nice to enjoy the Harry Potter areas before it gets insanely crowded. But keep stalking website for AP rates! They come and go. And this year it seems there’s no low times. All that pent up Covid travel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter