• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Toy Weapons (Pirate Night)

LostGirls

Mouseketeer
Silly question.. the kids want to bring play swords and/or pistols to go with their Pirate Night costumes. Think that is OK? I know it can't be in the carry on luggage on the plane...pirate: Thanks.

As an adult, I had a plastic sword with my Captain Hook costume and received no comments. I even brandished the weapon in a mock fight with Sebastian.
Chris

Yes it is okay. We always bring our foam swords (from Legoland--gasp!). I HIGHLY reccomend you have them bring only soft foam or inflatable ones thought. The party is VERY crowded and even kids who are very careful with plastic swords, etc end up hurting someone or getting hurt themselves when someone bumps into their sword and knocks it or something similar. I have seen soooooo many crying kids who were totally unintentionally hit by a plastic sword.

I agree that the swords should only be soft material as we were most concerned last time we watched and I was sure that one of the points was going to have an eye out. Children get excited and I am very surprised that Disney do not take more care and ban some of the swords and other items that could cause serious injury.

No-one wants to be a kill joy but really am surprised that some parents do not appear to see the danger. One of these toy swords actually caught my leg coming out of the theatre and it was sharp. Please have fun but take care.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter