Toy Story Midway Mania

steph42421

Earning My Ears
My cousin just got back from her vacation in Disney and she told me that she was unable to experience Toy Story Midway Mania due to the incredible lines.

Has anyone else experienced the same problems?

It's true.

Here's how you can ride it though.

Get there at rope drop and ride. Or get there by 10am, get a FP and ride it later. The FP's go early so you have to get there early to get one.

Or if you want to ride twice. - Get there at rope drop, get a FP, then ride and ride it again later using your FP.

Good luck on your quest to ride TSMM.

It's true.

Here's how you can ride it though.

Get there at rope drop and ride. Or get there by 10am, get a FP and ride it later. The FP's go early so you have to get there early to get one.

Or if you want to ride twice. - Get there at rope drop, get a FP, then ride and ride it again later using your FP.

Couldn't have said it better! We managed to do this ride about 6 times last trip in NOvember. Between getting there at the right times and/or FP. FP and good planning is key!

Toy Story Mania is a new attraction so it's very popular. Combined with the "NUTZ" level crowds around Easter week (Level 4 park closings, used only in most extreme cases) I can see why she was unable to ride.
In all but the most insane times of the year (Christmas week comes to mind) you should be able to grab a Fastpass in the morning and ride TSM without a problem. Use the same strategy for Soarin' and other headliner attractions.

We are anxious to ride TSM and are resigned to the necessity of arriving at RD so we can grab FPs. Maybe we'll ride it then too if lines aren't just insane.

I'm planning on having DW & DGD go get TSM FPs while DDs & I ride RnRC & maybe ToT. I hope that works.

Sounds like not that she was UNABLE to experience it but more she
DECIDED not to expreince it because of the long lines.
I'm sure had she choose to get in line and waited she would have been able to ride it.
Not that I blame her, if any line is too long of a wait I'll skip it too in favor of doing several other things for that amount of time.

Think of it as a reason to come back.
After all Disney World is too big to experience everything
(and in most cases every attraction) in one trip anyhow.

Its a matter of prioritizing what's important to you and spending your time to get it done. Sometimes that means getting up early on vacation.
Other times it means staying up late. Or doing one thing and skipping another.

Thanks for the advice. My plan was to use fast pass or head on over there first thing when the park opened.

When we went last Sept. , we had a fast pass and still waited close to 45 minutes to get on the ride! We rode a few times during that vacation and quite honestly did not enjoyit as much as it's hyped. If Soarin is a 10 for rides, this one is a 7. Maybe different kids will like it more but it's not a must do like many other rides at WDW.:surfweb:

I was able to go on it this past summer in DL. Even there the lines were quite long!
(plus I was sick while we waited on the 45 minute line :( )
It was a great attraction though, and it would definitely be a good thing to grab fastpasses for and/or ride first thing after rope-drop.

I was going to try the ride, then FP plan. You suggest the FP, then ride plan. I'm torn about which one will be better, though. I don't want my return time after 4 pm because I want to leave the park early-ish.

Guess I'll be in Disney and having fun and probably shouldn't lose sleep about which way is best, though! :rotfl:

popular attractions make for long lines... a suggestion, you can rent out TSM for three hours after the parks closes for about $25,000 You would be able to ride until your arm gets sore. Some one got me this as a very nice christmas present last year

We waited on line for 2 hours. We also did a fast pass, so we got to do it twice. I know 2 hours is excessive, but I think everyone should wait on line once becuase there is so much to see and most of the line is inside and has nice air conditioing. In August, that is worth the wait on line in itself.

I wouldn't wait 2 hours for this ride again, so if I couldn't get a fast pass, I would skip it.

There are only a few rides in Disney I would wait this long and this isn't one of them. Soarin on the other hand is worth every second.

Yes, the same thing happened to me/us.

We were in DHS in October. The night before, we were at Busch Gardens Howl-o-Scream. So not only did we close the place down at 2 a.m., but we also then had an hour long car ride back to the hotel. SO no one was deceiving ourselves that we would be up early the next day. We slept in, and my sister and I got to DHS at around 11. Fast passes were gone and if I remember correctly the wait times were like 90-120 minutes all day. This when we hadn't waited in ANY line longer than 20 minutes for our entire trip (and, as it turned out, would not). When we got into the park someone gave us their Dream fastpasses, which had tickets for every attraction still intact EXCEPT Toy Story Mania.

If it was a ride I was seriously interested in, maybe I would have waited. But the concept was not too thrilling to me. Living in Florida I knew it wasn't the last time I will ever get a chance to ride it either. Even starting at the time that we did, we were able to do pretty much EVERYTHING ELSE in the park, including a walk-in lunch at Sci-Fi Diner, and riding Rock n' Rollercoaster twice, and sitting in amazing seats for Fantasmic!. So I wasn't unhappy with our day at all.

Next time we go I will ride it, and let you know if there is anything earth-shattering, ground-breakingly wonderful about it.

how could the fp be all gone at rope drop? :confused3

I think she probably means that all those people at rope drop ate up all the fastpasses, and there were none left by the end of that line (my read only). Last time I waited in line 45 minutes to get a fastpass - turns out it would have probably been smarter just to get in line for the thing, but I didn't realize how crazy the fp line was going to be. I'm really hoping they build something new soon (no, AI doesn't count because it doesn't pull people off the streets that early) in HS, because as cool as the ride is, it's hard to justify that kind of wait in those super cramped conditions.

We are anxious to ride TSM and are resigned to the necessity of arriving at RD so we can grab FPs. Maybe we'll ride it then too if lines aren't just insane.

If you arrive at RD and go directly to TSM the standby line will be shorter than the FP line. When we were there in late March I couldn't understand why people were going in the FP line first. Why not ride with no wait and then get FP for later after your first ride? Unless you are the designated runner for your group it makes no sense to stand in a 20 minute FP line when the standby line is 20 minutes or less.

We went to HS twice during our trip in late March and the line for fast passes was extremely long early in the morning. We got fast passes to use later in the day and on our second day we went to TSMM about five minutes before park closing (10pm). We practically walked on in less than five minutes and then exiting the park was great, NO CROWDS AT THE BUSES AND WE SHOPPED ON OUR WAY OUT TOO. HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS ROUTE!!!

So if we get there at rope drop and just get in the standby line right away, how long should we expect to wait? 20-30 minutes? We are making a separate trip to DHS just to do this ride (DH insists) and then we're leaving for Epcot, so I don't think we'd bother getting fastpasses for later in the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter