• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Toy Story Midway Mania Mania

tndisneyfan

DIS Veteran
I'm at WDW right now, staying at WL. Just wanted to post these pics of TSMM. I had read on the boards about the lines and stuff but it was still a shock to see it in person. It's funny, when we were here last year we got on it no problem, now the thing is packed. The pictures are from Friday, June 12, morning extra magic hours.

The Line for Fastpasses at About 8:10
IMG_2725.jpg

This was took at 8:15, you can see the time and the wait time. Right after I snapped the picture the wait went to 50 minutes.
IMG_2726.jpg

This is a pic I took standing in front of TSMM showing the stand by line. If you look close you can see the sign for the Studio Catering Company. They were back up to that point.
IMG_2727.jpg

We've not been on it yet this trip. We just don't want to wait in lines. DHS is having PM EMH on Wednesday and we hope to be able to hit it then. We hope.

Just wanted to add. We usually go the last week in May and we are little surprised about the increase in crowds and temperature. We didn't think two weeks would've made that much difference in especially the weather. It's very, very, very hot. Did I mention that it was hot?:lmao:

People who don't get WDW get caught up in this stuff.

Back in March, it was like this also. We did other things.

Something wrong with a 45 minute wait on the newest ride in the park? Seems pretty reasonable to me. Lucky there's a FP available. At TM in Disneyland here, they don't offer a FP. Everyone waits.

IMG_2725.jpg

Did I read that right?!:confused3 That is the LINE FOR FAST PASS!?:confused:

:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

IMG_2725.jpg

Did I read that right?!:confused3 That is the LINE FOR FAST PASS!?:confused:

:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

Yes, fastpass line.

But, apparently it moves fairly well. Estimates I've heard have it at 20 minutes.

We just got back and were at DHS on Sunday June 14 and the line for fastpasses were that long by 9:10 and then some of the machines broke - made for a longer wait and some VERY upset people. We couldn't believe how upset and angry some people got towards the castmembers over the machines breaking.

In my opinion it's worth it though! This is now my favorite ride in the entire WDW!

We get there first thing, send my DH ahead to get FPs and then all get in line and ride. Then ride again later with FPs. Great ride!

When we went in December, we got to DHS about 15 or 20 minutes after rope drop and it wasn't too bad. Our FP line didn't look like that.. multiple lines for each machine vs one big line. I ran ahead because I'm the quickest in the family, and I probably waited about 10-15 minutes to get our FPs, then we stood in the line. I *believe* the posted wait was 70 minutes, but it was an overestimation because it took us maybe about 50 minutes. We've been coming to Disney before FP existed, so waiting once in awhile is no biggie to us.

On our most recent trip to DHS we grabbed fastpasses for it around the time we arrived to the park. It opened at 9:00 that morning (no am EMH), and I got in line for fastpasses around 10:00 upon our arrival. Our return time was 1:30-2:30, and by the time we arrived to redeem said fastpasses they were gone for the day. DMIL & I stayed near the fastpass machines for a while when DW was grabbing fastpasses for something else, and it was kinda funny to see all the people coming by trying to barter with the CM watching the machines, trying to find ways to get fastpasses. It did seem like there was a bit of a backup getting onto the ride. The stand-by queue was around 2 hours, and the fastpass queue was backed up almost to the machines. I think too many people saw a long line and thought it was the one for stand-by and the CM's checking for fastpasses needed to put most people into the stand-by queue right next to them. Never underestimate the fact that most people at WDW walk around like lemmings, following the person in front of them unendingly.

Something wrong with a 45 minute wait on the newest ride in the park? Seems pretty reasonable to me. Lucky there's a FP available. At TM in Disneyland here, they don't offer a FP. Everyone waits.

No I wasn't surprised at the 45 minute wait. I was just surprised that there was a 45 minute wait just surpsised that there was a 45 minute wait 15 minutes after the park opened.

Doesn't seem like things have changed too much since I was there last August. At least I know what to expect going into the week ;)

We were there June 3-10 and the FPs were gone for the day by 9am! The line time varied from 50-120 minutes...it was nuts. We were there at 8:50 pm closing time was 9pm and the line was still 60 minutes with a ton of people in line!!

The situtation was very similar for us when we were there this past March, huge lines for fastpasses at opening and a 45 minute wait for standby. We hit the standby line, wait was more like 30-35 minutes instead of the posted 45. Fastpass lines were much shorter when we exited and we got passes with a return of 1:30 - 2:30

we just got back from wdw on sunday, and the OP's pictures and description couldn't be more accurate-standby line was backed up to studio catering company and the fastpass lines were backed up past walt disney one man's dream. i couldn't believe it. we went to DHS at rope drop twice last week and got to ride TSMM right away. first time we got fastpasses to ride again later, 2nd time the line was so long we didn't bother.

I love my Birthday Fastpass that day last week :) When they ran out of regular fastpass's for the day.. I sure got some dirty looks when people couldn't get fastpass's but birthday people could last week I waited maybe 10 mins in the FP line after getting them..but this week and beyond I heard it was going to be busy busy..

we got lucky when we went last Sept-were there at opening and headed straight back. I got fastpasses for around 11, hopped in line with about a 25 min wait, when we returned we were able to pick up another set of passes and when coming out of playhouse disney a castmember came up to us ane gave us 4 more passes . All total 4 rides before 5:30-we were tickled

We went to Toy Story Mania this morning! 6/16 at 9:10 in the morning, 10 minutes after the park opened and saw the exact same line. The standby line went all the way back to the backlot tour. We waited about 45 min for the ride and then went to the Rock n Roller Coaster to get a fastpass. (wait was 40 min when we got there for standby) No singles line - was closed due to too many people getting in singles line.

Tower of Terror - 60 minutes wait so we decided to return later since we went on Saturday 20 minutes before closing and the ToT wait was 0 minutes so we will return later to the park.

We did end up getting some of the last fast passes for TSM after the rock and roll fas pass time was up at 12:10. The return time states up until 9:20pm.

Wow! Wow! Wow! I've only ever gone to WDW and DL in the Fall/Winter off-season. We've always walked right onto rides first thing in the morning and been able to ride multiple times if we wanted. This will be a new experience for us. Now that my kids are both school-aged, we're stuck with school breaks. We arrive at WDW this Saturday, and I have to say I'm not looking forward to these crowds. But this was the only time we could book our trip this year, so we'll make the most of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter