Toy Story Mania

Kuzco-topia

Mouseketeer
I have been hearing that the wait times for this ride are extremely long. Has anyone in September had better luck??? Or is it still necessary to be there at the rope drop to get a fast pass:confused: ?? Just trying to plan for our visit!

We were there less than 2 weeks ago and were there at rope drop (if you call it that, we were actually there 15 minutes before rope drop but the lines were already huge at the turnstiles, we were halfway back maybe?) and the whole rope drop mob seemed to go to Toy Story. I waited in the fast pass line, and got 4pm fastpasses. :scared1: Remember, this is around 9:15am! :scared1: The standby line was probably around an hour at that point. At 9:15!!!

Luckily, when we went back at 4pm to use our FastPass we got right on the ride, less than a 5 minute wait. So that made it worth it!

We were there last Wednesday, September 3rd at rope drop..went through twice in the standby line in about 40 minutes and got fast passes for after 11am.

We tried to go again at closing and the standby line was over an hour !

We were there last Wednesday, September 3rd at rope drop..went through twice in the standby line in about 40 minutes and got fast passes for after 11am.

We were there last week as well. We got FP's and then got in Standby. We only waited about 15 minutes in standby, got off and rode standby again (15 more minutes). Then it was time for our FPs, so we rode again. Later in the day we got more FPs and rode again later in the evening. We were very happy that we got on 4 times in one day with minimal wait.

We were there last week, and got our fastpasses at 9:45 for a return time of 2:45. At 9:45 the standby line was almost 2 hours!!!! There was even a 15-20 minute line just to get the fastpasses. I've never seen anything like it in Sept! It was a fun ride though. We went back to DHS later in the week at 4:00 p.m., and all fastpasses were given out for the day. My advice is to arrive early and head straight for Toy Story Mania!

You really do have to go first thing. We were there on Friday morning. 1/2 hour early. So we were up front for Rope Drop. (Side note ask a photopass person for pics of you waiting, that was fun) We went directly there rode, got fast pass. We were also at the park last Monday for Extra Evening Hours and the wait was 90 minutes. So don't plan on that.

They do have a single rider line for this ride. That can help. We had three kids with us and just sent an adult first, then the kids, and then another adult. That way there was an adult waiting for the kids when they got off and one with them until they were on the ride. Might not be good with younger kids, but ours were 9, 12 and 13. We also did this on Test Track and Expedition Everest. The single rider lines are A LOT quicker, like 10 minutes.

BTW, the queue for this ride is pretty neat and inside an airconditioned building, so it wasn't too bad. We waited in stand by for 30 minutes before we found the single rider line.

Marsha

We were just there last week and went to HS on Mon. (Labor Day) We were there at rope drop and hurried over to TSM and first got fast passes (which there's a line for.) We then went on the ride and only waited about 25 minutes, and went back later with our fast passes for a second ride (with FP's it took about 10 minutes.) All day long the wait time was saying 90 min. I'd do it first thing and try to get FP's if you're wanting to do it more than once.

Rode it twice over the weekend. Dd and I rode it on Sat night, during NoJ..wait was about 40 mins posted, but in reality the wait was about 25 mins. Same thing yesterday morning. We got to it about 9:45, waited about 20 mins, posted wait was again 40 mins.

Please forgive this stupid question, but what is the standby line? Is that regular line? :confused3

Stand by line is the regular line. Now another question, Has anyone decide to just NOT do the ride. This is the one ride that is stressing me out about doing, and i am considering just skipping it this trip. we are only doing 1/2 day at DHS as we are only doing a short trip. And thinking i should just do the other biggies insted(ToT, RNRC) am i along on this? :confused3

All of the warning about this ride have caused me to rethink my November plans for the parks. I had planned two half days at the Studios, but have now changed it to one full day and a half day as well.

Racknack

as those above we were there last week - early in the week the lines were terrible and the fast passes gone by 11am - - on the emh night, the posted wait time was 180 MINUTES - - we confirmed with the people working - people were actually waiting!!!
as the week went on, the lines went down and fastpasses lasted until 1 or so - we did standby/fastpass and rode several times -
the waiting area is neat and seems to go quickly - -
i wouldn't change plans just to avoid the ride - it is so awesome!

I think now that the crowds have died down some, you will not have a problem going to TSM. It is REALLY worth the trip--although 180 minutes is QUITE excessive!!! I think the key is getting there early and getting your fastpass. After that, you can check standby and ride if the line isn't too long yet. We did that and it was awesome!!

Empty seats?

;)

You know, when there are an odd number of people in a group? Our group had 5 and when we rode stand-by, they put a single rider in. I don't know what they do now.

Marsha

Get a fast pass FIRST and then ride stand-by. You can always use the fast pass later in the day.

Marsha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter