Toy Story Mania?

Toy Story Mania is going to be an interactive type ride (like Buzz) but with the other Toy Story characters. I understand it will be like a shooting gallery.

Here's the concept description from wikipedia:
Park guests will wear 3-D glasses aboard spinning vehicles that travel through virtual environments based on classic carnival midway games. Ride vehicles will seat up to eight and will record each guest's score as points are acquired with toy cannons firing at virtual targets. Similar technology has been used in Disneyland Park's Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters and Tokyo Disneyland's Monsters, Inc.: Ride n' Go Seek interactive dark rides.

Toy Story characters including Woody, Hamm, Bo Peep, and Mr. Potato Head will appear during the attraction, according to Disney.
I haven't seen any firm dates in 2008 for its opening.

It is supposed to open in 2008, and I too have not seen any firm dates at DCA. My bet is that it will be open before the summer 2008.

It is supposed to open in 2008, and I too have not seen any firm dates at DCA. My bet is that it will be open before the summer 2008.

it has been predicted to be finished in Summer 2008 but they taped that over so it might changed.

according to MiceChat, there have been problems with the projectors so it might delay the opening.

it has been predicted to be finished in Summer 2008 but they taped that over so it might changed.

according to MiceChat, there have been problems with the projectors so it might delay the opening.
FWFW, I believe the reported projector problems over on MC were from an unreliable source (Jim Hill).

The location of this ride, number 1, is at Disneyland. Okay, Do You know where the carnival games are and the Ferris Wheel and Screamin?? It's going to be in the general area. At Least the structure is up, as far as I know. :woohoo: So, it does sound like fun :D

- Dancerina:cutie:

The location of this ride, number 1, is at Disneyland. Okay, Do You know where the carnival games are and the Ferris Wheel and Screamin?? It's going to be in the general area. At Least the structure is up, as far as I know. :woohoo: So, it does sound like fun :D

- Dancerina:cutie:
Actually, the ride is being built at DCA, as well as MGM Studios in WDW. I believe they are also building it in Japan (TDL).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter