Toy Story Mania Strategy

Before TSM we always got a FP for RNR and rode TOT. If we go first for a FP for TSM are we going to be having a long wait for the other 2 rides or have the lines gone down for RNR/TOT so our waits will be shorter?

ToT and RnR are still very popular.
Yes, you will have to wait a bit longer if you opt to go to TSM first, but
TSM's lines will FAR out-weigh any lines for the other two.
If you want to go on all three, I'd say go to TSM and get a FP and/or ride it first, before going back to the other two.

on EMH at DHS do they restart the FP for the major rides or are they all done for the day and we will spend our whole EMH waiting in long lines?

On many (most?) PM EMH nights they HAVE used FP for TSM.

Since the FP's almost ALWAYS "run out" by early-mid-afternoons for TSM, they DO re-open the FP distribution of TSM at the start of PM EMH.

AND... I understand that the LINES for these PM EMH FP's begin up to 30 minutes before PM EMH starts, and the lines for these passes are very long (just like in the mornings.)

TSM is astoundingly popular... I'm sure well-beyond what Disney could have ever imagined!

Is is the farthest thing, all the way in the back from the front gate?

Is is the farthest thing, all the way in the back from the front gate?

Nope.

Lights, Motors, Action is the farthest, and MuppetVision 3D is deep,
and, it is a very long walk to the Fantasmic! "Hollywood Hills Amphitheater" (in the other direction.)

Here are maps-

DHS-ALL-042408_B.jpg

DHS-Ctr-042408-B.jpg

FantasmicWalkways_081908.jpg

ToT and RnR are still very popular.
Yes, you will have to wait a bit longer if you opt to go to TSM first, but
TSM's lines will FAR out-weigh any lines for the other two.
If you want to go on all three, I'd say go to TSM and get a FP and/or ride it first, before going back to the other two.

Do RnR and ToT have single rider lines?

I don't see all of the hoopla about Toy Story Mania. We did it three times when we were there and, although I liked the ride, that trigger starts to hurt after all of that tugging. In my opinion, I like Buzz Lightyear better at Magic Kingdom.:banana:

If you go to DHS for FPs and then to MK you will be using as much time to take extra transportation (whether you take buses or park) and I would guess that in reality as long as you would be willing to take an hour to get FPs why not just go to MK and then during EMH either try for a FP or ride it. Most of the times I haven't seen line too much longer than an hour so you wouldn't be losing time but changing what you do with your time. I am just guessing that go to DHS getting a FP and then moving onto MK will take as long as the standby line during EMH. You can always get in line toward the end of EMH so that if you have a long wait you are just using time after the park is closed anyway.

For those of you who have ridden the ride, do you think if might ease slightly once the newness wears off, or will it always be a wildly popular ride? We are going next November, and trying to plan our stategy for TSM and RnR.
It sort of sounds like another version of Buzz Lightyear, but no details in the newest Birnbaum's.

We were there on 10/25 and the park didn't seem busy at all. Of course, it was the first time I'd been but I usually start stressing out in crowds and I never felt that way. I had read about all the hoopla on Toy Story so my initial plan was to get there early and run and get a FP. Then, we decided to sleep in that a.m., when we got there, kids were freaking out because they saw the characters at Playhouse Disney and we couldn't pull them away from that to run for a FP. By the time we got to the Toy Story ride, it was 12:30 and FP were gone and wait was 100 minutes. I was trying to decide whether or not to wait in the LINE and my ds sees Buzz and Woody signing autographs and taking pictures across walkway from the ride. He begged and begged to get in that line and meet them and get his picture. I said we could do that or wait in line for the Toy Story ride. He said "Mom, we rode on Buzz yesterday (at MK), I want to meet Buzz and Woody!" So - we waited 20 minutes to meet them and ds was ecstatic!

Oh, we walked by the ride a couple more times over the course of the day and it was up to 120. Honestly, I obviously don't know what we missed but with our 5 year old and my friends 5 and 4 year olds, they were in heaven all day at HS even not going on Toy Story. Even with all of my planning and strategy research, I realized quickly when we got down there that you can't do everything even in a week. I was so happy the entire time that we didn't keep to a strict schedule, we did most of our ADR's (canceled one) but we weren't rushing to do anything and we never set an alarm. Maybe in 5 years when we can afford to go again, Toy Story will be passe and we can walk right on. :)

Do RnR and ToT have single rider lines?

RnR, yes, and it is a very big advantage.

But, only 3 attractions have Single-rider lines in all of WDW.

Test Track-Epcot
Expedition Everest-DAK
Rock'nRollerCoaster-DHS

These lines might not be available at all times that the attraction is operating.

According to my kids (and me and DH too ) this is definitely a must do ride. On our first day there we were there for rope drop, headed right to the ride, waited in line for 20 minutes and then got FPs after we got off.

Then on our filler day later in the week the kids picked HS to go back to because they wanted to ride TSM again. We got a later start and weren't there for rope drop. The wait was 60 minutes and my kids insisted on getting FPs AND waiting in line - they wanted to ride it twice again. They are 5, 7 and 9 and this was the 9 and 5 year old's absolute favorite ride of the whole week - my 7 year old is my dare devil so he like EE and RnR better.

We were there on 10/24

We arrived about 20-30 min. prior to rope drop and were right near the front of the line. My DH went ahead to get fast passes for the ride because we knew we wanted to ride it twice. I waked behind with the kids and we did not run, or really rush. We just walked quickly.

On that day they forced the crowd to go through the archway on the way to the ride. You could not cut across that corner, however a man in his late 60's decided he would. He started to walk across the corner and a CM tried to stop him and he started running. Two other CM's ran towards him, but he jumped down the steps into the crowd before they could get there. I thought it was sad.. had he stayed with the crowed he would have been able to ride the ride with no problem. From what I heard from others he did get into the que without being stopped.

At any rate. We rode it and then made our way around the park. We got to TOT and RNRC about 10:30. We rode TOT two times and got FP for RNRC with no problems.

The ride is cute and worth riding. If possible ride it twice... you will do much better the second time around. That being said it is not worth acting like a fool and running over CM's and small children to get there.

I am not getting there are rope drop. What if I get a FP and it is at the same time as my ADR for Hollywood & Vine at 4:10? What do you do in that situation?

I am not getting there are rope drop. What if I get a FP and it is at the same time as my ADR for Hollywood & Vine at 4:10? What do you do in that situation?

Go to the ADR.

Ride after you are finished dining.

I have read no reports of anyone being turned down using "expired" same-day FP's
on TSM.

Enjoy!

Having read about the popularity of TSM, what is the best strategy for getting on TSM without having to stand in line forever? Going Dec. 14-23. Thanks for your ideas!:santa:

1. Be there at rope drop and run to TSM.
2. Hire a VIP Guide.
3. Stop by Casting and fill out an application... ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter