Toy Story Mania Rehab?? Are you Kidding!!

DisneycrazedX6

Mouseketeer
OMG!! I am very upset right now!! I planned my vacation for the end of August this year to get the free dining, and now look what has happened. I LOVE THAT RIDE!!!!!! I have been planning my schedule around that ride. How am I going to tell the kids?? I have them so psyched especially with the new games they added.....UGH................Do I change plans??? I think I am going to cry........AND...One Mans Dream is going to be closed too....are they trying to kill me???????
THANKS FOR LETTING ME RANT!!!!!

Is it really already going under renovation? We were just there and everything seemed to be perfect? :confused3

Unfortunately WDW rarely has a true Offseason anymore due to so many ad campaigns. Typically there's a rehab going on a ride at every part of the year.

Can you change plans? If not, there's still a TON to do.

Unfortunately, that is one of the reasons they offer so many discounts in the off season.

There's still a lot of fun things to do. I do admit that we're going over to DHS just to ride Star Tours once more before it is rehabbed. I would have been sorry to not have my last ride.

Unfortunately WDW rarely has a true Offseason anymore due to so many ad campaigns. Typically there's a rehab going on a ride at every part of the year.

Can you change plans? If not, there's still a TON to do.

Agreed.

We were kinda ticked too.....but more because it seemed like star tours AND toy story are going to be closed at the same time:confused3 If I am wrong please let me know....as of now we are just gonna drop our hollywood studios day and either do a water park or go see harry potter.:rolleyes1

Toy Story reopens BEFORE Star Tour closes....

and in all fairness to Disney - it was reported on these boards almost a month before free dining was released that TSM would be down in mid to late August for a rehab.

We go every year and have been sad when our favorite ride is closed but it has to be closed during someone's trip!

Toy Story reopens BEFORE Star Tour closes....

and in all fairness to Disney - it was reported on these boards almost a month before free dining was released that TSM would be down in mid to late August for a rehab.

We go every year and have been sad when our favorite ride is closed but it has to be closed during someone's trip!

Thanks for the info...the thought of our 2 fave rides being closed at the same time was a real bummer!! But we always go last week of August regardless of free dining..

Oh, that's horrible. I hate getting really excited to try a ride and then finding it closed on my trip.

Which is why I'm not hyping up any rides for myself. I'm going in mid-January, the worst time of the year for ride closures. I'll just be satisfied if the same rides that were closed on my last visit (Spaceship Earth and Haunted Mansion) are open this time. *fingercross*

OP, I feel your pain. I remember trips in the past when I was so disappointed that (on various occasions) HM, Space Mt, Splash Mt, and RnRC were closed. The good news is that I've had a great trip each time even without my faves, and the kids didn't seem to mind much since they were busy having fun doing other stuff. I hope you have a terrific trip in August. :wizard:

Well.... but you still get "free" dining right? That is what you waited for and you got that.

:) There is a lot to do.

Oh, that's horrible. I hate getting really excited to try a ride and then finding it closed on my trip.

Which is why I'm not hyping up any rides for myself. I'm going in mid-January, the worst time of the year for ride closures. I'll just be satisfied if the same rides that were closed on my last visit (Spaceship Earth and Haunted Mansion) are open this time. *fingercross*
The Haunted Mansion had better be open! That one being closed would really put me in a snit.

We've been when favorites were closed. I don't like it but like others have said the rides have to be refurbished at some time.

There's plenty to do.

Don't let the magic of Disney be ruined for you simply because a ride was down. Make the most of it. :) All rides do have to go down at some point; if it hadn't been during that particular week, it would of been in another, affecting another family, or many other different ways around. Just try and make the most of it. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter