Toy Story Mania Plan

tinkerbell_mom

Mouseketeer
We will be at Disney in mid-March. I'm looking for advice on the best way to see Toy Story Mania? Should we go straight there and get in line when the park opens or a get a FastPass and come back? Any advice would be great.

Yes. :lmao:

What I mean is, do both. Go straight there AND get fastpasses because you're going to have so much fun, you're going to want to do it again.

We headed straight there and got a FP and then got in line. The line was still pretty short and we got to go on it again. It's a great ride.

Head right for the ride and definately get the FP's. As for the standby line see how long it is and make your decision based on that. If the line is short you can ride then and again later with your FP's! It is a great ride.

Head right for the ride and definately get the FP's. As for the standby line see how long it is and make your decision based on that. If the line is short you can ride then and again later with your FP's! It is a great ride.

completely agree w/ this poster......

also this is mine and my kids fav ride so what we do is
1. get fastpass look at the bottom of the ticket and see when you can get the next fastpass.
2. get in stand by as long as it is reasonable.
3. go back and get another fastpass when your original fastpass says you can get another one.

Luckily we go in Sept. So crowds aren't that bad so we repeat this process a couple times and ride TSM like 4 times.

We :lovestruc TSM!!!!

We were there in mid December and here is what we did:

We had an 8am ADR at H&V- we paid the check at 8:50am and got in the line at the end of the street by the rope.

We went immediately to TSM and rode the ride (I believe we were among the first 30 people to ride it that day)

Upon exit (9:15 am) we got a FP with a 11:15am return time. We went on our merry way to do other things.

We went back to TSM at 11:10 am and waited until it was 11:15am to get another FP (return time 5:45 pm for a 7pm park close) The machines were closed up behind us.

We were happy that we were able to ride it 3 times that day, but since we don't care for ToT or RnRC we also didn't mind that our FP's were tied up all day just for TSM.

HTH!

We went at rope drop and headed straight to TSM. The fast pass lines were about 15 long at each machine! We rode the ride first - only about a 10 min. wait and then got fast passes immediately when we got off as there was no longer a line. At the entrance to TSM they had a cast member announcing that people in line for fast passes would not be allowed to go in and catch up with their group. We were able to ride it twice by 11:15 and could have gotten a 3rd fast pass but headed to Tower of Terror next. Good luck - it is an awesome ride!

so what kind of luck would we have with this in november? how long is it to walk from rope drop to the ride, i will have two little ones in my care.

it sounds like the 3 of us would do best to ride first, (if fp machines have line ups) then come out and get a FP for later in the day. then 2 hours later, try to get another fp....?

so what kind of luck would we have with this in november? how long is it to walk from rope drop to the ride, i will have two little ones in my care.

it sounds like the 3 of us would do best to ride first, (if fp machines have line ups) then come out and get a FP for later in the day. then 2 hours later, try to get another fp....?

That's what I would do. I went in October and made the mistake of trying to get a FP first. The FP lines were too long, and so the standby line ended up so long as I waited in line at the FP machines that I ended up only getting to ride it once (using the FP later that day). I should have listened to Robo; he recommended riding first, then getting a FP.

Ok my DS loves RnR we want to do TSM,do you head to TSM and FP and then to RnR?. Is the lines shorter now for RnR because of TSM?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter