Toy Story Mania - once or twice?

Carol Ann

Mouseketeer
Hi all -

I am trying to plan our touring for DHS - and I know it would be so much easier logistically for us to ride it at rope drop and move on with our day...but I am worried that we will go on and I will wish I had gotten a FP before riding!

We are a family of Me and DH (both 31) DD6 and DS 1. Any thoughts about the likelihood of strongly wanting to ride it twice?

How have you done TSM and how has it worked out?

S

You will definitely want to ride it more than once. We just got back on Saturday and we rode it three times last Thursday. The kids (and the adults) loved it!!!

FP are gone early so I would head straight back, get a FP and then go!

TWICE!?!?! you'll want to go at least three or four times, get the FP, get on line and try to get another FP later in the day

I've got to agree with MonorailDriver. We rode four times in one day and went back on the day we were flying out for a ride first thing in the morning. You will love it!!!

WE LOVED IT!

Get a fast pass and ride it and try to get more.
Adults and kids alike loved it.

In September we were going to ride first then get a FP to ride again. We were there for rope drop, but not very close to the turnstyles, so by the time we got through the crowd to the standby line, the wait was 40 minutes. We decided to just get FPs. After riding it once later in the day with FP, we decided to wait the 50 minute standby time (and we didn't wait for ANYTHING else all week) just to ride it a second time. I'd say be safe and plan on loving it. Get to the park early so you are close to first in line at the turnstyles. Grab your FP and get in line. If you hate it, you can really make someone's day by giving them your FPs. If you love it, you're all set to go again.

I'm not a video game person, but I LOVE TOY STORY MANIA! I took my nearly 3 year old DD to WDW in November and we rode, and I can't wait to have my husband with me in March! We compete like mad about everything, and I know he'll beat me, but I can't wait!

Grab your FP and get in line. If you hate it, you can really make someone's day by giving them your FPs. If you love it, you're all set to go again.

I agree completely with this advice - if y'all love it, you're ready to go with FP, and if y'all decide once was enough, then you can spread a little magic and give away your FPs to some less-informed family who didn't know to go get them first thing. It's a win-win. ::yes::

I guess I will be the voice of dissent and say that we are good with riding TSM only once. It's a fun ride, but not a "must do" for us. In fact, we actually skipped it entirely in December *ducks*.:rotfl: In May we will make sure to grab a FP and take a ride, but we won't be upset if we only get to go once. We'll leave the rest of the FPs for all you TSM fanatics!:thumbsup2

ToyStoryMania would have to be my favorite ride in the whole place. I'm with the others, why limit yourself to just twice. If staying on-site I would ride at least 2-3 times right off the bad, while everyone is doing Tower of Terror and Rockin Rollercoaster, not a fan of rides that make me puke. Would always get a fastpass, even if no lines. Cracks me up when the cast members can't figure out why you get a fastpass if the wait is 5minutes, duh I'm riding this sucker all day guys. hehe

Was there this morning. We walked in the park just a few minutes before they finished the family intro. I swear, 80% of the people went straight to TSM. DW, DS13, and DS11 went to the thrill rides. The blue hat is under construction and has a wall around it. Some people thought they could escape the huge crowds and go around the left of the hat and down the stairs. They were quickly blocked off and directed towards under the archway. When we got there, the FP lines were 10-12 people long already. It took about 10 minutes to get FP's. DS3 and I then got in line, which read 40 minutes. It went a little quicked than that and we were off the ride at about 9:45. Very cool ride. I scored 150,000 for my first time.:thumbsup2

We met up with the rest of our group after we rode Star Tours - no wait at all. DW and the other DS rode TT twice and RR once (while we were at TSM). After we saw the Power Rangers, everyone went on TSM this time. We got FP's again at 11:15 AM and it showed that our return time would be 4:15 PM:

We left at 11:30 and returned to the park at 5:30. We rode it again with the second set of FP's. I scored 171,000 this time.

The high scores for the day were in the 270K range!!!!:crazy2:

It's definitely worth riding at least 2 times. Everyone loved it!:drive:

Was there this morning. We walked in the park just a few minutes before they finished the family intro. I swear, 80% of the people went straight to TSM. DW, DS13, and DS11 went to the thrill rides. The blue hat is under construction and has a wall around it. Some people thought they could escape the huge crowds and go around the left of the hat and down the stairs. They were quickly blocked off and directed towards under the archway. When we got there, the FP lines were 10-12 people long already. It took about 10 minutes to get FP's. DS3 and I then got in line, which read 40 minutes. It went a little quicked than that and we were off the ride at about 9:45. Very cool ride. I scored 150,000 for my first time.:thumbsup2

We met up with the rest of our group after we rode Star Tours - no wait at all. DW and the other DS rode TT twice and RR once (while we were at TSM). After we saw the Power Rangers, everyone went on TSM this time. We got FP's again at 11:15 AM and it showed that our return time would be 4:15 PM:

We left at 11:30 and returned to the park at 5:30. We rode it again with the second set of FP's. I scored 171,000 this time.

The high scores for the day were in the 270K range!!!!:crazy2:

It's definitely worth riding at least 2 times. Everyone loved it!:drive:

TSM is a creative concept by combining video game technology with a ride...but no way is it worth a 40 minute wait. If you get there early enough and the lines are 20 minutes or less, go for it. If you like it, get a fast pass and ride it again later.

We had to do it twice. The first time was an hour wait, the second time was a 45 minute wait. The line is great and it goes really fast. I could see myself waiting 2 hours in line for this ride.

I see why and how people do it.

A common mistake is that this game is a "video game". No one that has played video games would ever call this a video game. It's a ride. It sweeps you from screen to screen, taking you into the world of toys. A video game is not this interactive at all. You have, wind, water and smells. Not to mention the spinning is fast! There isnt alot, maybe 8 spins in the whole ride, but they are fast, lol.

It's more like a show, it's done is a more cinematic/innovative/interactive way than a video game, without telling a story. It's really unique, ne of a kind. Not even Buzz can compare.

We laughed the entire way through the first time. It is addicting. We rode it 3 times on Dec. 30th and Jan. 1st when the crowds were heavy. Use your fastpass. The ride is awesome!!!

If you have just one tiny ounce of competiviness in your body, you will need to ride it more than once :rotfl2:

I'll be travelling solo this trip -- TSM doesn't sound like something that would be much fun to ride alone...or am I wrong? I'm sure that as popular as the ride is, I'd be riding with a stranger and that doesn't sound like my cup of tea, either. Opinions?

I think Disney really has a surprise hit with Toy Story Mania. Everyone I've talked with like it, but there are different opinions on how much of a wait it is worth. I suggest going first thing in the morning, getting a FastPass, and then going standby (which shouldn't take so long in the early AM).
FastPasses typically run out each day.
Enjoy!

kellypooh, your score will come up with the people in another car, so you can compare how you did. I think it's fun, and would probably do it once each trip solo. I've had a stranger sit next to me in the car, and it wasn't bad...we smiled at each other a lot.

Bobbi:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter