Toy Story Mania mania?

Lucky4me

DIS Veteran
We had the opportunity to ride twice on Sunday. First at rope drop, then later on a fastpass just to make sure we didn't miss something first time around. I wasn't blown away and I was expecting to be after reading so much hype about it. It felt like an updated Buzz Lightyear ride to me. I really don't get all the fuss? Maybe it's just because it's new?
We were first on the ride at 9am. As we were walking off the ride, the fast pass line was longer than the standby line to get on! I don't think I'd wait in either line longer than ten minutes. I'm glad I got a chance to ride it, but I'd rather ride TOT and RnR over this one.
Am I the only one? :confused3

We had the opportunity to ride twice on Sunday. First at rope drop, then later on a fastpass just to make sure we didn't miss something first time around. I wasn't blown away and I was expecting to be after reading so much hype about it. It felt like an updated Buzz Lightyear ride to me. I really don't get all the fuss? Maybe it's just because it's new?
We were first on the ride at 9am. As we were walking off the ride, the fast pass line was longer than the standby line to get on! I don't think I'd wait in either line longer than ten minutes. I'm glad I got a chance to ride it, but I'd rather ride TOT and RnR over this one.

There are many threads from Diser's who don't care for individual attractions that, otherwise, the majority of guests find to be "must-do."

You don't happen to find TSM fascinating.
Not everybody loves everything.

It doesn't seem like Disney adds new rides all that often, so i think that's what makes it exciting.

I loved it! Our family is not into thrill rides at all and TSM was just great for us. DD2 was able to play and loved it, DS6 loved it and dh and I loved it. It's great for all ages, it's modern and just plain fun.

But that's why there area variety of rides, not everything is going to suit everyone.

We were also there on Sunday. That fastpass line was insane!The funniest thing we saw all day was the green army men with the megaphone "This is the line, that gets you into another line, then you merge into another line! This is not the line for the bathroom! Okay Soldier?" :rotfl2:

We happen to enjoy the ride and were able to ride twice on Sunday but then there are others we skip, so to each his own!

I did really enjoy TSM, and I like it much better than Buzz as I can never get that little red dot to cooperate. I thought it was much easier to aim and shoot on TSM.

That said, I do see your point. For the hype, you'd think it was the biggest/best ride of all time. I agree with you that if I could only choose one, I'd pick ToT every time. But it really is a great ride for kids and I know when I was on it I was laughing and having a good time the entire time. So that's probably part of the appeal, it's something shiny and new that EVERYONE can enjoy together. Plus the whole area is just darling.

So it wasn't your fave, but I'm glad you got to ride to see what all the fuss was about! :thumbsup2

My 18 month old enjoyed it. Which is why I enjoyed it.

It definitely wasn't the be all and end all of rides (which for me is Tower of Terror), but the standby queue was fun with Mr. Potato Head, and the toddler loved the spinning cars and pulling the string on the gun, as well as the effects when I was playing the game. She just giggled the whole time.

I definitely wouldn't wait more than 30 or 40 minutes in the standby line for it.

I'll ditto enjoying the green army men outside the ride. They were hilarious! When Luxor, Jr. came out to dance, they joined right in!

There are many threads from Diser's who don't care for individual attractions that, otherwise, the majority of guests find to be "must-do."

You don't happen to find TSM fascinating.
Not everybody loves everything.

Exactly!!! We love TSM and wouldn't think of riding TOT. To each his own! :)

When Luxor, Jr. came out to dance, they joined right in!

So, Luxo, Jr. came out!

Well, I guess that lawsuit thing may have gotten straightened out.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news/Television_and_Film/Pixar_and_Disney_sued_by_Luxo.htm

Pixar and Disney sued by Luxo
By Leah Zanolla
Sep 6, 2009

"Luxo Jr." is the hopping desk lamp that has been the mascot for Pixar since 1986. John Lasseter used his own Luxo desk lamp as a model for a short computer-animated movie, which was later nominated for an Academy Award.

Luxo, a Norwegian lamp maker, filed a federal lawsuit against Pixar and Disney saying their use of the name Luxo is infringing on the company's copyright. Disney-Pixar is including a limited edition "Luxo Jr." lamp along with Blue-ray discs of "Up." Luxo is also upset about the six-foot animatronic Luxo Jr. attraction at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

According to an article in the Los Angeles Times, "Oslo-based Luxo said in the complaint that the Luxo name hadn't been used on Pixar and Disney products until now and that sale of the Pixar lamps would cause devastating damage to Luxo and dilute the goodwill which Luxo has built up."

We cauaght the tail-end of Luxo's little show last week, so he's definately still coming out. I had wished I'd gotten to my camera in time!

My family didn't care for it either. But we're not gamers, and I think that makes a difference, I think that's the audience it's aimed at.

Our family really enjoys TSM, but DW and I were talking about it this past trip and it's "crazy" popularity. We both thought that it is due to several factors: it's just plain fun for little kids and big kids (me); it's still relatively new; and perhaps the biggest factor, when you look at attractions at DHS, there really aren't that many "rides".

Put TSM in MK and I don't think you see the 2 hour+ standby's or only in the peak of peak seasons.

For example us: mom, dad, 2 boys.

Tower of Terror - only DS5 and I have rode this
Rockin Rollercoaster - only DW has rode this
American Idol - only went when my sister performed
Indiana Jones/Sounds Dangerous/Beauty & the Beast/Car Stunt Show/Animation Tour/One Man's Dream - too long/boring for the 2 y/o
Star Tours - DS2 can't ride

So that leaves us with TSM, Great Movie Ride, Voyage of the Little Mermaid (when we can convince DS5 that it is not just for girls), Playhouse Disney, and the Backlot Tour (which most aren't going to do more than once per trip, if that).

Sorry for the typo, I figure if I only have one per post I'm doing pretty good. Yes, Luxo, Jr. is still coming out and dancing. Or doing whatever a lamp does that is similar to dancing.

I had not heard about the lawsuit.

This is what makes WDW so great - since we all have different likes and dislikes, we ride different rides. :cool1: I'm not a TOT or RNRC fan, but love TSM. My kids are young and love TSM too.

TSM isn't my favorite, but it is extraordinarily well done, and I think the Toy Story cast is immensely popular(and will be moreso when the TS3 is released). The Buzz attraction in MK seems kind of lame now that TSM is open.:earsboy:

my DD4 couldn't pull on the rope all that well.

I'll say this.. it is more fun shooting than at BL. however, the rope pulling can be annoying. i'd rather have a trigger type gun.

We'll see if i can get on this time, but I doubt it. I don't think we will make it over there this time.

So, Luxo, Jr. came out!

Well, I guess that lawsuit thing may have gotten straightened out.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news/Television_and_Film/Pixar_and_Disney_sued_by_Luxo.htm

Pixar and Disney sued by Luxo
By Leah Zanolla
Sep 6, 2009

"Luxo Jr." is the hopping desk lamp that has been the mascot for Pixar since 1986. John Lasseter used his own Luxo desk lamp as a model for a short computer-animated movie, which was later nominated for an Academy Award.

Luxo, a Norwegian lamp maker, filed a federal lawsuit against Pixar and Disney saying their use of the name Luxo is infringing on the company's copyright. Disney-Pixar is including a limited edition "Luxo Jr." lamp along with Blue-ray discs of "Up." Luxo is also upset about the six-foot animatronic Luxo Jr. attraction at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

According to an article in the Los Angeles Times, "Oslo-based Luxo said in the complaint that the Luxo name hadn't been used on Pixar and Disney products until now and that sale of the Pixar lamps would cause devastating damage to Luxo and dilute the goodwill which Luxo has built up."

Hey Robo,
From what I hear, the settlement involved Disney being able to use Luxo jr. But cannot profit from merchandise.

Sorry for the typo, I figure if I only have one per post I'm doing pretty good. Yes, Luxo, Jr. is still coming out and dancing. Or doing whatever a lamp does that is similar to dancing.

I had not heard about the lawsuit.

This is OT, but I wanted to let you know that the picture of your daughter(I am assuming) is precious. What a cutie:littleangel:

Maybe someday when I have grandbabies to take to Disney, I'll wait two hours in line for it. Now, no way. ;) Oh and the gamer thing makes sense too. I am in no way a gamer.
Micca I felt the same way about Buzz after being on TSM. It seemed worn out. TSM was the shinier, newer version.

On my last 2 visits to WDW and DHS, I did not have the opportunity to experience this attraction. Lines were incrediably long, long, long and FP had been distributed for the day. Hoping my husb and I will get a chance to see it when there in Dec. I love Buzz, and TSM looks like fun to me. We don't wait 2 hrs for any rides though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter