Toy Story Mania - Mania???

we got FP's, and once we waited while it was broken down to see if it would start back up...which it did in about 45 minutes. we were about 10ht in line and it shaved the wait down from 160min to about 10 (not counting the 45 min wait while they fixed it) :cool1:

Haven't been since TSM opened. Is it similar to Buzz Lighyear?

If so, why would they do similar rides for the same movie?
If not, what's it like?

Haven't been since TSM opened. Is it similar to Buzz Lighyear?

If so, why would they do similar rides for the same movie?
If not, what's it like?

It's quite different than Buzz. You wear 3D glasses and shoot all different objects depending on where you are in the ride. I don't want to give too much away, but let's just say it's a lot faster and more frenetic than Buzz.

Definitely a LOT of fun!

If you do want to see the ride, just search on YouTube. I did.

FP are great for the this ride, but tough to get as so many have said before. I would suggest to everyone going through the regular queue once though. Disney has done a fantastic job with it and it will bring you right back to your own childhood games. :thumbsup2

This seems like as good a place as any to relate my experience with the ride.

DH and I were at WDW from the 13th through the 17th of this month. We went to DHS on the day they had morning EMH. Didn't make it before opening, but we did arrive before regular park opening and made a beeline for TSMM. We got Fastpasses for 9:35 to 10:35. Having some time to kill, we take in a few other rides and head back over, by which time the Fastpasses are already for roughly 4:00 to 5:00. So I can definitely believe that they would be out by noon or so. Anyway, we start to get a bit uneasy when we see people coming out of the Fastpass entrance. I speak with a cast member who confirms my fear: the ride is down. She tells me that our Fastpasses will be honored for the rest of the day, but we really don't have much else that we want to do in DHS and there's no time frame for the ride being up and running. We decide to head back to the hotel and see about checking the status of the ride later that day to make sure we don't come back only to find it still not working.

We head over to the buses where we wait. And wait. And wait. A cast member comes over and asks our names, how many in our party, and how long we're staying. I think she's just doing a demographics survey, but it's actually much better than that. Our bus is stuck in traffic and because we've been waiting so long, we and everyone else in line get a free Fastpass good for the entire party on any Fastpass ride any time during our visit! Score!

We ended up going back to DHS a few days later. TSMM was working fine, aside from one brief hiccup while we were on the ride. So yes, it's still very crowded and you would do well to get to the park early and either grab some Fastpasses or get in line. I never saw it any shorter than 45 minutes for the standby line.

What do you think about just getting the FPs for Toy Store and then heading to TOT and RnR? :confused3 I think riding it once for the kids will be enough.

I thought this way we could avoid getting trampled on while hubby gets the FPs for TSM...LOL. :rotfl:

What do you think?

What do you think about just getting the FPs for Toy Store and then heading to TOT and RnR? :confused3 I think riding it once for the kids will be enough.

I thought this way we could avoid getting trampled on while hubby gets the FPs for TSM...LOL. :rotfl:

What do you think?
:thumbsup2 Great idea IMO... keeping the kids away from the mobs that try to run to Toy Story in the morning is always a good idea! Thankfully, CMs stop them from running.

JUST GOT BACK...

We were there on Monday (2/23) which is an evening EMH day but not an Fastasmic day. (next time we'll avoid both!)

We missed rope drop by about 10 minutes, went straight for TSM, the standby line was 40 minutes. We grabbed FP's (already return time of 12:35 to 1:35) and got in line. They had overestimated the wait it was for sure no more than 30 minutes.

When we came back by to use our fastpasses around 1 PM the wait was 110 minutes and the FP's were gone.

The ride is great though...love it!:thumbsup2

We were there on 2/15. Right after rope drop we went straight back to get our FP and it was jam packed just to get those. I think it only took about 5 minutes though.

The stand-by line was not too bad (possible 30 minutes), but DS wanted to get right over to Star Tours.

When we went back a couple hours later to ride the Fast Passes were long gone and stand-by was up to well over 2 hours! We enjoyed the ride, but once was enough for us.

100_1365.jpg

100_1368.jpg

Has anyone rode TSM during PM EMH? Is it doable? And I'm wondering do they give out more fastpasses on this day since it is open longer?
Thanks-

I was there last week and made it to one Evening EMH at DHS. They opened up new fastpasses for RnRC and ToT, but not for TSM. Trying to wait out an Evening EMH would not be the best method, because the wait times were still pushing 70 mins when the park officially closed and shot up to 100 when EHM began!

I also have to agree with the get the fastpass 1st method if you would like to ride more than once. Dh and I have it down to a science, where I go and get the FPs, and he gages how long it will take me in the fastpass line, and gets into the standby line so I can join him as soon as I am through (keep in mind that at the begining of the day the standby line extends to the FP machines).

For those of you with questions about how this effects early morning crowds at ToT and RnRC- it is much easier to get on both of those rides in the morning now. If you move quickly with the TSM system, you can get over to Sunset and ride both RnRC and ToT with out needing fastpasses and/or waiting very long.

As another note, it is important to get there at rope drop even if you are only getting fastpasses to ride TSM later. We arrived late one day (around 9:30) and I caught the tail end of the early morning fastpass rush and the line was back past One Man's Dream. I had to wait in line almost 20 mins just to get fastpasses!!

I think were gonna get to the park about 30 to 45 mins before RD, and hope fully get right in the line for TSM, and then head over for our fast pass for RnRC, and then just get in line to ride TOT regular line untill its time to redeam our FP for RnRC. I hope this works, but im not sure!! We will be in the park on April 1st. While the crowd predictions are not that bad for that week becasue spring breaks are around first and middle of march, and easter and more spring breaks are 2 and 3 week in april. I hopeing we wont have to wait toooo long.. :confused3

So it is better to go at rope drop on a EMH day or a non-EMH day?

We try to avoid *all* EMH days even though we stay onsite.
It just didn't work out with our schedule this time. I think currently I would avoid Fantasmic! days first, then EMH days. Monday was an EMH *evening* and the attendance really seemed higher all day long.

We hit two of four rope drops and the those two days we got significantly more done, even though the two days we arrived later it was only 10-15 mins. after opening. I think no matter which day you go, be there at rope drop if you want to maximize the amount of attractions and minimize waiting.

HTH:thumbsup2

Clukas, we were at HS last week on a night when Fantasmic was playing twice. The park was crowded, but we used UG's touring plan and hit almost everything we wanted to see, including TSM. We got FP's first thing, then got in the stand by line. Totally worth it, what a fun ride! Good luck when you go, and have a great trip!

We rode twice in September on our HS day, and then actually used our park hoppers to come back to HS just to ride this ride again. My DS 5 loved it! By the time we rode it we really had to just leave because it took so long in line. We wanted to spend most of our last day at MK. I am not sure of my strategy this next trip. I am actually thinking of getting hoppers with this ride in mind! My DS said to me the other night, Mommy I need you to promise me something... I really need you to promise me something (I have no idea what he is talking about, but say OK) he said promise me we will go back to Disney and ride Buzz and that Toy Story ride, promise me ok? He knows we are saving hard to try to go again. It was so sweet.

JUST GOT BACK...

We were there on Monday (2/23) which is an evening EMH day but not an Fastasmic day. (next time we'll avoid both!)

We missed rope drop by about 10 minutes, went straight for TSM, the standby line was 40 minutes. We grabbed FP's (already return time of 12:35 to 1:35) and got in line. They had overestimated the wait it was for sure no more than 30 minutes.

When we came back by to use our fastpasses around 1 PM the wait was 110 minutes and the FP's were gone.

The ride is great though...love it!:thumbsup2

We were there the same day. Got there right around rope drop; I "walked with purpose" thru the crowd to get the Fast Passes (can't remember what time they were for ... I'm still unpacking and trying to get this house in order). The Fast Passes were already out by 10:15. We saw that 110 min wait and decided once would be enough for the ride. It was a cute ride, but not worth that type of wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter