Toy Story Mania - Mania???

We were there in August of 2008 and we didnt get a fast pass and we waited for 45mins.It was just me and my dh we were on our honeymoon so im not sure how the kids would of took it in line that long.

By catch up, do you mean cut ahead of others to re-join party? We leave Saturday "dark & early" - really trying to finalize plans ASAP so that I can get to bed - still need to go to work tomorrow morning.

TIA to all of you knowledgeable DISers!!!

Yes! If done in an efficient manner, then there shouldn't be a problem. And you should still be close to the back of the line when they re-join you. But, if you have any issues with this...Then please don't try it. Or you could all get in line, then send them to get the fp's. Then the people behind you see that they are with you and you can tell them that they're coming right back. I'm not one of those people that thinks the world is going to end if I see 1 person join a group already in line. That's one person, not 3, and only if it's not too deep into the queue.

We were there in early Feb and the wait times were CRAZY! We went at rope drop right to the ride and another person in our party caught up with us after the getting FP.....by the time we went back at 11am....the FP were gone. This is the most insane wait times for a ride I have seen since Back to the Future opened eons ago at Universal. I refuse to wait 90+ minutes for a ride......

Yes! If done in an efficient manner, then there shouldn't be a problem. And you should still be close to the back of the line when they re-join you. But, if you have any issues with this...Then please don't try it. Or you could all get in line, then send them to get the fp's. Then the people behind you see that they are with you and you can tell them that they're coming right back. I'm not one of those people that thinks the world is going to end if I see 1 person join a group already in line. That's one person, not 3, and only if it's not too deep into the queue.

Got it ... thanks :thumbsup2

We were there on 2/13. The lines for the fastpass were a 10 minute wait. That was at ropedrop. Our fastpasses expired at noon. When we got there at 11:30 all fastpasses were gone. I thought the ride was cool... but to be honest, couldtn understand the madness of it all. Is it because its new?

We will be there in 3 weeks. Can someone tell me where this ride is located. Which way we need to go when we get there to get Fast Passes. Thanks.

Behind the Great Movie Ride, to the right of it. Just follow the crowd! If you are with a group, at rope drop, have one person take your tickets and get to the fast pass machines and get those while the rest of the group gets to the line. When you get the fast passes, join them and all of you get in line together. Ride TSM and by then, you may be able to use your fast passes. If not, depoending on the time on your fast passes, either stay onthat side of the park or go ride ToT or RR and then come baclk to TSM. This way, you will ride TMS through the stand by line and the fast pass line.

Keep in mind that if it is cool weather in the morning, the fast pass machines have a tendency to jam, holding peoples park tickets inside, causing everyone to start yelling at the CMs!

Behind the Great Movie Ride, to the right of it. Just follow the crowd! If you are with a group, at rope drop, have one person take your tickets and get to the fast pass machines and get those while the rest of the group gets to the line. When you get the fast passes, join them and all of you get in line together. Ride TSM and by then, you may be able to use your fast passes. If not, depoending on the time on your fast passes, either stay onthat side of the park or go ride ToT or RR and then come baclk to TSM. This way, you will ride TMS through the stand by line and the fast pass line.

Keep in mind that if it is cool weather in the morning, the fast pass machines have a tendency to jam, holding peoples park tickets inside, causing everyone to start yelling at the CMs!

Great. Thanks for the info!!!

When we went last week, our fast pass return time was around noon. When we went back to ride at 12:15, all the fast passes were gone and the standby wait time was 140 min :scared1:

I like your strategy ... think I'll do this next week. Thanks for the info.

We got there yesterday at 9:45 for FP (ds had a bad bloody nose just before we were leaving in the morning, so we missed RD). The return time on our FP was 4:30 - 5:30, and the wait time was at 90 minutes. :eek:

We are looking forward on that this year for our next trip. Hope we definitely enjoy the moment. :)

It is a great ride. And it is definitely worth the trouble we went to to get in (be there at RD, go directly to the ride, stand in line for FP) but I don't think it would be worth waiting 90 minutes if I couldn't do that.

But I wouldn't stand in line 90 minutes for any ride. I always wonder why people would do that?

If you are there at RD, why would you need to get a FP? Why not just go straight on? Is the line for FP that much shorter than the walk on line?

If you are there at RD, why would you need to get a FP? Why not just go straight on? Is the line for FP that much shorter than the walk on line?

The FP strategy if for those people who like the ride so much that they will want to ride it twice. If you only care to ride it once, then getting in the standby line first thing is probably the way to go.

There were a lot of people there at RD the day we went, and they were way ahead of us on the way to TSM. So by the time we got there, the wait line to get in was like 40 min.

Has anyone rode TSM during PM EMH? Is it doable? And I'm wondering do they give out more fastpasses on this day since it is open longer?
Thanks-

I was at WDW two weeks ago, but I didn't make it to any of the EMHs. I got to the Studios around 11 a.m. and was able to get a FP for 2:30 p.m.

When we came back at 2:30, they were out of FPs, so my advice is to get to the park early and get your FP first thing.

(I loved the ride, though!)

We were there last week and it is crazy at rope drop. People running to the stand by and FP lines. Most people were getting FPs and then heading over to TOT or RNR. We went a second time for the AM EMH and we got on, but by the time we got out the stand by line was 60 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter