• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Toy Story Mania is darling

amylovesdisney

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Do not leave visiting Toy Story Mania until your last day in the parks! You might not make it on!!!

Case in point.....We were at HS last Friday and thought we would grab a Fast Pass for TSM for the entire family. By 1 pm, there were no more fast passes to be distributed. And the stand-by wait was 120 minutes!!

No worries - we decided it was top priority for Saturday. We were in front of the attraction at 9 am and there was already a 55 minute wait. The fast passes were being given out with a return time of 12:30. By the time we left the building an hour later, the fast passes were for 3:55!! And the stand-by entrance had a 90 minute wait. This was at 10 am.

The theming is very sweet and nostalgic if you are anywhere near my age (46). It escaped my kids, 14 & 11, but they still thought it was cool. Giant checkers, large barrel monkeys, fence post-sized crayons, etc.

BUT!!! We were plagued by line-cutters. My first time @ WDW. Perhaps it is because the wait is so long, but we had 3 different couples cut in line to get to their party. And they were all with different groups. Several people in line commented and the line-cutters were pretty snarky. I am not referring to a mom taking out her toddler for a potty break but these were adult couples joining other adult couples. Totally annoying and not a cast member in once you are in the indoor queue.

The line moved along steadily. Loved, loved, loved the arcade game. It will be on our favorite list for next visit.

Looking forward to doing TSM for the first time in June!:cool1: We will be there with the grandkids and I know that our 5yo Grandson is going to love it.:banana: Thanks for the info!:thumbsup2

Do not leave visiting Toy Story Mania until your last day in the parks! You might not make it on!!!

Case in point.....We were at HS last Friday and thought we would grab a Fast Pass for TSM for the entire family. By 1 pm, there were no more fast passes to be distributed. And the stand-by wait was 120 minutes!!

No worries - we decided it was top priority for Saturday. We were in front of the attraction at 9 am and there was already a 55 minute wait. The fast passes were being given out with a return time of 12:30. By the time we left the building an hour later, the fast passes were for 3:55!! And the stand-by entrance had a 90 minute wait. This was at 10 am.

The theming is very sweet and nostalgic if you are anywhere near my age (46). It escaped my kids, 14 & 11, but they still thought it was cool. Giant checkers, large barrel monkeys, fence post-sized crayons, etc.

BUT!!! We were plagued by line-cutters. My first time @ WDW. Perhaps it is because the wait is so long, but we had 3 different couples cut in line to get to their party. And they were all with different groups. Several people in line commented and the line-cutters were pretty snarky. I am not referring to a mom taking out her toddler for a potty break but these were adult couples joining other adult couples. Totally annoying and not a cast member in once you are in the indoor queue.

The line moved along steadily. Loved, loved, loved the arcade game. It will be on our favorite list for next visit.

We were there last week and there was a cast member standing at the doorway stopping people from going inside to "join" their party. She would let you join your party in line if they were outside the building (I had to join my DH and DD on the outside line after I had to run to the restroom) but there was no way you were getting past her to join your party if they were already inside the building.

yeah, every time we've been on TSM they had two Cast members doing a "gauntlet" on people trying to use the "join our party" routine. In fact, they spent most of their time repeatedly saying "all members of your party must be together before you enter the building" and "do not join the line unless all members of your party are here now".

TSM is one of our faves now too! We get there immediately after rope-drop...when you were there on Saturday was that an early EMH day for TSM?

I have heard that the cars "spin" and I can't handle going around and around....I almost got sick on the Cat in The Hat ride at IOA. How bad does it spin?

mtmbyck

This spinning isn't bad. I get motion sick badly and this ride doesn't bother me. You don't really spin like you're thinking. Trust me, you'll be fine.

This ride so rocks!!!!!!!! (except when my wife beats me).

I have heard that the cars "spin" and I can't handle going around and around....I almost got sick on the Cat in The Hat ride at IOA. How bad does it spin?

It only spins when it travels from one arcade game to another. It's not a constant whirl like the teacups on the Mad Tea Party. :)

Yes on Saturday the Studios open at 8am so that's why the FP were so far out and the queues so long at 9am.

I usually go to HS at RD every day to ride TSMM so I can get 3-4 rides (using FP and stand-by line) in before the crowds really hit. One day in this past Jan I rode 7 times between 9-noon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter