Toy Story Mania fastpass

dznygurl

Mouseketeer
We are planning HS as our first park of our trip (which is 4 days away:cool1:)
How fast do you think fastpasses will be gone? We have a ressie for breakfast at O'hana at 10:25, but I'm concerned that by the time we make it to HS (I'm thinking it will be close to noon), we will be out of luck. Anyone go recently and could tell me their thoughts? I have tried to move our breakfast ressie but that's a no-go.
Crowd level is a 4 for that day. Maybe stand-by line will be shorter than usual?

dznygurl said:
We are planning HS as our first park of our trip (which is 4 days away:cool1:)
How fast do you think fastpasses will be gone? We have a ressie for breakfast at O'hana at 10:25, but I'm concerned that by the time we make it to HS (I'm thinking it will be close to noon), we will be out of luck. Anyone go recently and could tell me their thoughts? I have tried to move our breakfast ressie but that's a no-go.
Crowd level is a 4 for that day. Maybe stand-by line will be shorter than usual?

There is a very good chance you will be out of luck for FPs. Last Saturday they were gone by 11:15a.

I've never ever seen the stand-by line resemble anything that could be described as "short" either, I'm afraid

Noon would definitely be too late and I've never experience a short standby line yet with the exception of rope drop.

We just got back 11/5 and the day we went to DHS we arrived at around 9:30. We got FP and the standby line was 20 minutes. We got on the line and also returned for our FP. Our return for FP was for 2:30. When we passed by TSM at around 11 ALL FP were distributed. So, in a nutshell, 12:00 you will probably will be out of luck.

It's risky, but not impossible. We were there Friday October 19 and got to DHS at 12:40pm. I literally sprinted to TSMM and the FP return times if you got one was from 8:15-9pm. Grabbed two FPs and happily skipped away. I had used the My Disney Experience app while in AK that morning to constantly check for FP updates to make sure FPs weren't completely gone for the day.

It may not be as bad as you think. We were there in September of this year. We were able to ride stand-by with a 15 minute wait. FP's were available all day. When we did draw a FP the return time was only about 90 minutes away. We rode no less than 5 times that day. It was great. This was certainly due being a slower time of year to visit. Since you will be there before the Thanksgiving crowd hits you may enjoy the same. Others may disagree with me but I'm giving you the honest truth about our expericence. Honestly I almost didn't believe it myself. There were some long stand-by lines later in the day so don't expect to breeze thru with 15 minute waits every time. I attributed the abundance of FP's to the FP window enforcement. It sure made a big difference for us.

I say you will be out of luck, but would suggest getting in the standby line as soon as you get there. I have seen it posted as 65 minute wait and we got through in about 30 min, but we some how were put into the standby line so it cut down on the wait I bet. (A CM put us in that line)

Karl66 said:
It may not be as bad as you think. We were there in September of this year. We were able to ride stand-by with a 15 minute wait. FP's were available all day. When we did draw a FP the return time was only about 90 minutes away. We rode no less than 5 times that day. It was great. This was certainly due being a slower time of year to visit. Since you will be there before the Thanksgiving crowd hits you may enjoy the same. Others may disagree with me but I'm giving you the honest truth about our expericence. Honestly I almost didn't believe it myself. There were some long stand-by lines later in the day so don't expect to breeze thru with 15 minute waits every time. I attributed the abundance of FP's to the FP window enforcement. It sure made a big difference for us.

DH and myself went the end of February this year and we ride twice ! I was surprised to see that the fast pass were still available and when we went back in the afternoon the stand by wasn't to long ( like 30 min) so we decided to ride again!
We are leaving in 2 weeks, checking in Sunday & this will be our first park we will arrive around 2pm, I'm hoping alot of the thanksgiving crowd is gone and we can either get a fast pass this late or just do stand by with a reasonable time!

Thanks everyone! I decided to change up our park days and go to Epcot that day. Since we will be at Poly for breakfast we can hop on monorail afterwards anyway.
I don't want to chance not being able to do TSM. We went in 2009 and weren't able to grab FP and the wait was 90 minutes or more the entire day. My DD and I went in 2010 for our girls trip and loved it. I def want my boys to experience it as well.

Why don't you go to DHS at RD ride TSM, grab FP then head to the Poly for breakfast.

Allieran3 said:
Why don't you go to DHS at RD ride TSM, grab FP then head to the Poly for breakfast.

Will this still work with new rules for fast passes?? Is the return window far enough away??

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

In october i got my FP at rope drop and my return time was 1130am. So it would all depend how many people are in the park that day. Also the day i was there TSM was actually closed when the park opened so that can explain the late return time

Will this still work with new rules for fast passes?? Is the return window far enough away??

FPs gotten at park open will be at least 40 minutes out. Your only real option with this schedule is to go at park open, ride standby, and skedaddle to your ADR.

mesaboy2 said:
FPs gotten at park open will be at least 40 minutes out. Your only real option with this schedule is to go at park open, ride standby, and skedaddle to your ADR.

Okay thanks :)

My main disappoitment from our last trip was the long lines for toy story mania, out of 10 days at disney we never got a chance with the fast passes for late in day and standby close to 1 hour and 45 minutes we passed, instead going for aerosmith coaster at park arrival.. next time we'll camp out at entrance days in advance as if it's best buy with a tv deal, and run like Forest for the back of the park to get there first. lol jk

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter