Toy story is open

Thank Goodness :goodvibes....we leave for Disney next Thursday and I had this awful feeling in my stomach that my kids were going to be missing there favorite ride because the refurb was going to be delayed. They are already bummed about the fact that Star Tours will not be going while we are there, they probably would not want to even step into the park if they knew TSM was down too.

awesome. thank you so much for posting. cant wait to beat my high score in less than 5 weeks.

that's true.. as were items in the queue (in fact, guests wasted no time messing up the fresh paint based on photos I saw)

that's true.. as were items in the queue (in fact, guests wasted no time messing up the fresh paint based on photos I saw)

I'm sure that's why the re-painted in the first place is because someone couldn't help but look past the "wet paint" sign. :sad2: It's one thing if your toddler just puts his/her hand out and it was an accident. But I've seen older adults go right ahead and think they are exempt from a "do not.." sign.

Glad the ride is open!! We'll be there on Friday. Probably not doing HS until Sunday though. :thumbsup2

Fantastic news! My friend and I were so disappointed when we heard this was closed along with IASW which is her fave, I thought sure she was going to back out of the trip! 14 days and we will be there! yeah!!!!!:cool1:

Sweet! We leave tomorrow morning and will be at HS early Wed. to join the stampede!

YAY!

We leave for WDW tonight and TSMM is my husband's favorite ride. I was hoping it would be back open in time for our trip. Woohoo!! :thumbsup2

Sorry not to share in the happiness of others. We were there yesterday hoping to get on the ride and found out that they didn't open it. My family and I were so disappointed. Unfortunately, we're back home as of late last night and sad we missed this ride. its a family favorite.

A CM said they opened Sunday about 3:30, and then they were open at park opening today. The lines were terribly long - 2 hour standby when we left at noon.

The ride was still fun though. They have a couple of new scenes (I think) since we went in Oct. So that was fun.

We rode today - the wait was 120 minutes at 11am. We had fast passes and still waited close to 40 minutes to get on. Once we did, the ride stopped 4 or 5 times while we were on it - seems like it was having some issues today.

We were there on Sunday 8/29, and happened to walk by just before they opened the ride in the afternoon. We waited 10 minutes to ride, and then got back in line for about 35 minutes for a second ride. They have changed some of the scenes, the one we noticed most was the balloon shooting scene. There seem to be some glitches that caused the ride to stop a few times each ride, and there is some delay at the end of the ride before the doors opened which seemed to slow down the loading process.

It is still a great ride, and happy for everyone is is going soon!!!

Ed

I was there yesterday morning, but wasn't able to ride as I left the park around 12:30. Luckily, I heard that it re-opened in the afternoon, so I headed there this morning (my last day at the parks). During the rope drop presentation, they announced that it was going to be closed, which got a groan from the crowd. I'm not sure why they said that, though, since the ride was open at 9 am when the park opened. I grabbed a FP, and then waited in the stand by line. It was about a 40 minute wait. By the time I got off at 10, it was around 90 minutes.

I would agree with the previous posters that said they were having some issues. On both of my rides, there were several times where we'd just sit and wait after a game finished. I think they're still ironing out some of the details with the new exit gates. I loved the new dinosaur game, which is new since I was there in April. I just with they hadn't released Bo-Peep's level since I used to score a ton of points on it!

We rode today - the wait was 120 minutes at 11am. We had fast passes and still waited close to 40 minutes to get on. Once we did, the ride stopped 4 or 5 times while we were on it - seems like it was having some issues today.

We waited 30 minutes with our FP's this morning. I agree about the issues - it stopped quite a few times while we were riding. We were lucky enought to get on twice before the wait hit 120 minutes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter