Toy Story Fast Pass Question?

rebster

Mouseketeer
Hi Everybody, I have a quick question. 10 of us will be going to AK in the morning and Disney's Hollywood studios in the afternoon/evening of the 22nd of December. I am hoping to run over to Disney's Hollywood studios sometime in the morning and get fast passes for the Toy Story ride and run back over to AK (I will have a car). We have never done Disney with infants so I am trying to make it easier for everyone to get on this ride once without having to haul kiddos through a really long line...usually we like waiting in line because its fun to hang out and talk, but since this is our first trip with kids, we have no idea what to expect...so any tips in that department would be great too!

Anyway, what time would you head over to Disney's Hollywood Studios to get fastpasses for some time between 3pm and closing? Any ideas? I know its a busy week! They open at 9am and close at 8pm that night.

Thanks in advance,

Reb

You won't be able to get fast passes for everyone. The ticket has to be used to get into the park in order to gat a FP.

Hi Everybody, I have a quick question. 10 of us will be going to AK in the morning and Disney's Hollywood studios in the afternoon/evening of the 22nd of December. I am hoping to run over to Disney's Hollywood studios sometime in the morning and get fast passes for the Toy Story ride and run back over to AK (I will have a car). We have never done Disney with infants so I am trying to make it easier for everyone to get on this ride once without having to haul kiddos through a really long line...usually we like waiting in line because its fun to hang out and talk, but since this is our first trip with kids, we have no idea what to expect...so any tips in that department would be great too!

Anyway, what time would you head over to Disney's Hollywood Studios to get fastpasses for some time between 3pm and closing? Any ideas? I know its a busy week! They open at 9am and close at 8pm that night.

Thanks in advance,

Reb
You can't just run over to DHS and get everyone Fastpasses. Each ticket for each person in your party has to be activated through the entrance turnstyles at the park you are wishing to get Fastpasses at.

Well, the short answer is: as early as you can get over there. It's not unheard of that the fastpasses for TSM are gone completely by 11 a.m.

And it doesn't matter if you do get fastpasses that give a window ending before 3:00 - with fastpasses, you can use them all day long, even after the time window on the passes has gone by.

But get to The Studios as soon as you can in the morning, or you risk not getting fastpasses at all.

Oh thanks! I did not realize that. So I should probably drag everyone over there at 9am, and then head to AK! or just happily forget about it. I appreciate your help!

Well, the short answer is: as early as you can get over there. It's not unheard of that the fastpasses for TSM are gone completely by 11 a.m.

And it doesn't matter if you do get fastpasses that give a window ending before 3:00 - with fastpasses, you can use them all day long, even after the time window on the passes has gone by.

But get to The Studios as soon as you can in the morning, or you risk not getting fastpasses at all.

The OP won't get any fastpasses at all because the tickets will not have been put through the DHS turnstiles. Only those that have been "activated" at the gate can be used to obtain FPs.

I got it! No Fast Passes if the tickets haven't been activated. Thanks for all your help! I was not aware of that rule before now.

I got it! No Fast Passes if the tickets haven't been activated. Thanks for all your help! I was not aware of that rule before now.

If you do decide to get to DHS in the morning, get there by 8:30. You can do the rope drop hysteria and ride TSMM AND get FP for later all by 9:30ish. Then you can head over to AK if that works for your schedule.

Stinks to waste the time on transportation, but that's a viable way to ride twice. If you just ran in to get the FP, that would seem like bigger waste of valuable time, so ride it while you're there.

Hope it works out for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter