• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Toy Story 4?

bgohre

Always be the second one in the outhouse. It's goi
I know Pixar/Disney have the next couple years of movies planned out, but has anybody heard about a Toy Story 4?

From the ending of the last one I would say no, but I have talked to a couple people that seem to think they left it open for another one.

With the huge bucks it's bringing in, I could see them wanting to do it again.

There are no plans for a 4th that anyone outside of the studio has heard about. If you want to know what films are planned check www.imdb.com

On one of the many threads started about TS3 after it was released, someone mentioned a rumor about a short being made.

I highly doubt a 4th one would be made. The ending seemed to be the end of the Andy/his toys journey. I'd like to see someday a comic book, I doubt it though.

I have zero inside knowledge, but as I left the theater, I thought that they had certainly left it open for TS4.

Bonnie & the toys? She's a cutie pie. Why not?

The redemption/conversion of Lotso. C'mon, do we really leave the series on this horrid note? :confused3 Why wrap up with an honest-to-goodness evil toy? After a while of eating bugs, he might be redeemed somehow ...

I know Pixar/Disney have the next couple years of movies planned out, but has anybody heard about a Toy Story 4?

From the ending of the last one I would say no, but I have talked to a couple people that seem to think they left it open for another one.

With the huge bucks it's bringing in, I could see them wanting to do it again.

I've read many interviews with the stars/Pixar ppl that have stated everyone is open to TS4 if the script is strong enough. I have my fingers crossed- I fell in love with little Bonnie and would love to see more Woody and Buzz!

Of course anything Pixar made would be excellent, but I doubt they would continue with Toy Story. They could go on forever with just Toy Story- it would be too much and it would be hard to stop again.

plans are to release animated shorts featuring the toy story characters. the first will be released next year playing in front of Cars 2. http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/06/18/another-toy-story-film-in-june-2011/

As for a feature-length film I wouldn't put it past the executives to cash in as much as they can. I hope they don't however. I can't imagine our favourite toys going through anything beyond what they went through in the last film.

I am on the opposite side of the argument. I would hate to see a 4th movie. It doesn't leave anything to the imagination when they keep making sequels.

When Disney and Pixar originally split up, Disney had planned out a 3rd and 4th movie on their own. When Iger came onboard and undid the damage, resulting in Disney acquiring Pixar, part of the agreement is that they threw out all of that.

Pixar has been adamant that they will not make a sequel "just because"...there had to be a strong enough story to be told, and if they've felt there isn't anything left to be told they won't go near it.

Could there be another TS? Yes. Do they have plans for it? Probably not at this point.

The ending of TS3 was basically a giant reset button...it leaves the door open...but it is also open to rehashing the original idea which isn't good.

isn't the story of Toy Story 1 2 and 3 pretty much the same?
Toys get seperated, no one trusts Woody when he tells them whats going on, he saves them with the help of Buzz. Everyone is reunited.

Don't get me wrong they are great movies, i loved them all (and i cried during the ending of Part 3). But i wouldn't call it a "strong story".

I can see them doing a short or 2 plus a TS4, IMO they left it wide open to do so.

For a short I can see them doing one involving the daycare Bonnie goes to. Zurg is now there, if Lotso gets off the garbage truck and goes back to the daycare, I can see them teaming up to take it over, and Woody,Buzz and all Bonnie's toys come to save the day:confused3

As far as a movie I can see Andy having a son, Bonnie would be a teenager and gives Andy the toys back to him for his son, they would all be with Andy again plus his son, and the adventure continues:confused3

I am also in the "I hope not" camp. To me, this one had lost a bit from the first two...and I think it's time to retire the characters (Shorts are OK, so I am cool with the pre-Cars short next year.) Mostly, I want Pixar to make more original work. Don't need Cars 2 or Monsters Inc. 2, even though we're getting them. This means we get one ORIGINAL Pixar movie in a 5-year stretch...and THAT is way too few. (Up in 2009, Brave in 2012, Next NEW Pixar after that - 2014?)

I too am in full favor of animated shorts, but another full-length movie or even a direct-to-dvd release would crush me. Toy Story is among the best movie trilogies ever and to drag it out for money would just kill the aura of amazingness that Woody and Buzz's saga holds for me.

i wouldn't mind a few animated shorts. but i think the general arc of the story is done. andy has grown up and moved on and they should leave it there. i just don't want to see it go on without andy.

it obviously took a long time to get the 3rd one made. i remember reading that certain people would only do it if the story was strong. and they did come up with a strong story that completed what the first one started. i'm thrilled they did a third, so we could enjoy the addition of jessie and bullseye to the gang. but i want to see it end here.

Oh come on! Don't ruin the franchise by making another movie. They defied the odds by making it a perfect trilogy and the ending was too good to make it go on. Let's leave it at where it is and let it be remembered for how great of a trilogy it was.

I would love to see a short where Bonnie is in high school and she packs up her "Andy" toys, drives over to his house, and gives them to him and his wife for their child.

Yes, I've worked it all out in my head. Call me, Mr. Lasseter.:lmao:

I would love to see a short where Bonnie is in high school and she packs up her "Andy" toys, drives over to his house, and gives them to him and his wife for their child.

Yes, I've worked it all out in my head. Call me, Mr. Lasseter.:lmao:

That is exactly what I was thinking about a new movie. Great minds!!!!!

The redemption/conversion of Lotso. C'mon, do we really leave the series on this horrid note? :confused3 Why wrap up with an honest-to-goodness evil toy? After a while of eating bugs, he might be redeemed somehow ...

They left TS2 with Stinky Pete unredeemed- he ended up with his worst nightmare- out of his original box, stuck with a messy kid who likes to draw on her toys.

So Lotso ends up in much the same situation- no power or prestige, on the front of a garbage truck, for goodness sake!! But, he did awful things to everyone, and left Woody and his friends to die in the smelter. So, no, I don't feel bad for him.

I vote to let the series end with TS3. It was the perfect end to a great bunch of characters. I don't mind seeing shorts now and again, though.

:rotfl2: how about this............Zurg, Stinky Pete and Lotso unite and plan a revenge invasion to take out the toys..........or even better, the good guys start disappearing one by one and the remaining ones try to get to the bottom of it and of course it ends in a battle royale between the good toys and the bad toys.:rotfl2:

I personally would LOVE another ts movie! This last one made me cry at the ending because of the possibility that it could be the last one. I would love for the next one to be about Andy getting married and then having Bonnie be college-aged (or somewhere around there) and give Andy his toy's to give to his children. I would also love the return of stinky pete, bo peep, and some of the earlier characters (squeaky, etch, etc.) and somehow they could find they're way back to Andy. As for Lotso and Zurg, maybe they team up and enrage a toy battle ;) I dunno, but I would really enjoy having one more, especially for once I have kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter