Toy store in WDW/MK?? fill a box for $18?

anicholson75

Mouseketeer
Has anyone heard of a store/toy store anywhere in WDW or the MK where you pay $18 (or whatever the amount is) for a box, and you can fill it with as many toys as you can? Someone told me about this but didn't remember where they did it. Thanks!

You are probably thinking of the Toy store in Downtown Disney where you can fill a box with Mr Potato head pieces at a set price. They may also have something similar at the Lego stroe.

Not sure of the cost or the location (ones in DTD, one in MGM) but it sounds like they are talking about Mr Potato Head parts (maybe My Little Pony too)

You can also do my little pony things. DD did pony when we were there. Now she does'nt even play with them anymore.

Hubby is reading "Disney on a Dime" and he was under the impression that you bring your own Mr. Potatoe Head and you can fill your box for free? Is this incorrect info? Or is it, bring your box and MPH and fill it for $18.00? No matter what you need a MPH box?

Thanks for setting me straight..

No you aren't so lucky as to bring your own box. And this year they seemed a little more picky about having the box be able to close than they were last year. My youngest DD always goes to the toy store in downtown disney to fill up her My Little Pony's box. She gets all those things Disney that you can't seem to find anywhere else If you get creative you can get quite a bit in them as well.

Mike

I've never done this before but I will be doing it when I go there in 10 days. From my understanding is that you pay $18.00 to fill the box up with parts (the box has to shut all the way). If you bring your own pototoe head, it saves room in the box for parts,but you will have to pay the $18.00.
HTH

Also, at the store where you are let out of the Pirates of the Carribean ride, you can fill a skull with trinkets (i wouldn't exactly call them toys) for about that amount. I can't remember if it was $16 or $18. But they had everything from rubber eyeballs to plastic bugs and "gold" coins. So I guess it's the same idea only Pirate style.

I only know about the Potato Head parts. For $18 you can fill a box (provided by the store) with as many part as you can fit with the box closing. If you bring (or already have) your own potato "body" you can fit WAY more parts into the box. I go to the DTD Once Upon a Toy store because they have the most parts. I get a basket and throw in all the parts I want and then find an empty floor space and fill and refill my box until I fit as many parts as possible. Yeah, I'm a nutjob, but filling Potato Head boxes is one of my favorite parts of the trip. :teeth:

Oh, DD filled a My Little Pony box last trip. Same store, same idea. They had four ponies to choose from and a box would fit all 4 plus a few accessories or you could get zero ponies and lots of accessories. They had lots of princess, Tink and Minnie dresses, hats, etc., as well as all kinds of pony "furniture." DD got two ponies and fit in TONS of clothes, hairclips, hats, etc., plus a few smaller pieces of furniture. I definitely thought she got her $18 worth!

Very fun to choose the pieces and also a pretty good deal. A Potato Head box of parts at WalMart costs around the same $. (Of course you get a couple of "bodies" with the WM set.)

The Pop Century gift shop also has the box-o-Potato parts for $18. The selection isn't as big as the DTD store (it's mostly Disney tourist themed parts) but we had a blast picking out the parts. My DS still plays with them every day.

I didn't know about the My Little Pony box. Is that new?

They also have a Lincoln Log box, same idea...at least they did when I was last there in '04.

The Lego store does have a cup you can fill for (I think) around $13...can't remember exactly. They have about 100 different bulk bricks of many sizes, shapes and colors. The cup is about the size of a large soft drink cup and they were good about really pushing down and taping the lid for us to squeeze in every last brick we could. We got quite a few in there because we were only in need of the real small and/or single row ones. Great for stocking up on spare little parts that my son always seems to misplace. He has about 20 of the Star Wars sets that his 6 year old mind can't yet grasp are NOT action figures once they are built. But Legos are his favorite and I'd rather him spend 2 hours on a model than 2 hours in front of the TV. :thumbsup2

Micheals Craft store has tons of Mr. potatoe head pieces and good prices too. last time I was there, they had pieces for a fireman, policem and, and a ton of other stuff.

There are a few places with the Mr. Potato head station- one in each park, POP century, and Once Upon a Toy in DTD. DTD has the biggest selection of Potato parts.

Note: You do not have to buy the actual Potato Head-- just fill the box with all the special pieces! Also, you don't actually have to BRING your Potato Head to the store. Just bring it with you on your trip if you want to play with it while you're at Disney World.

If you do want to buy the Potato Head there, be sure to open it up and fill it with parts. Buy the arms! Make sure you get a left and right arm... The arms are special and can hold a lot of the props (mickey bar ice cream, suitcase, etc)

I too love filling the boxes with parts. It's such a challenge to get as many pieces as possible in the box. I've bought 3 or 4 so far and there are still a lot of pieces I don't have. They've been coming up with bigger, bulkier pieces, so it's difficult to really jam a box full.

Our AC Moore now has a make your own Mr. Potato Head section. Same idea as Disney, but no special Disney parts. Still fun, and cheaper.

The My Little Pony station has been there for several years. It's also in Once Upon a Toy-- in the back room with all the Princess stuff. There's one in ToonTown too. I'm going for the My Little Pony box this year, since DD3 is crazy about them now.

Each box costs $18. You can ask CMs for help in stuffing the boxes. They seem to enjoy the challenge too.

You can check ebay for pics of many of the pieces.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter