• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Towneplace Suites near UCF?

sassyash

Earning My Ears
Have any of you stayed at Towneplace Suites near UCF? I will be staying there with my DH while he's taking a class. Just wanted to see how it is and what is in the area for me to do while he's gone. thanks! :rotfl:

Hi...have not stayed there, but looks like a very nice hotel...This is definately not a Disney vicinity hotel, and is east of downtown Orlando quite a ways and north of the airport...If you want to do the parks at all, hop on 417 toll just west of you and it is an easy 25 minutes right to the parking lots.

You will be in area that probably is a little rough at night, but OK during the day. There will be strip malls all over and a big mall not too far away...just ask at the desk.

Travel by car will be fine...but expect very busy streets with lots of stoplights unless you head for the tollway...

Hope this helps,

Ted

I agree, you're no where near Disney. I'd guess that it's a full hour away. Lots of little strip malls around, but not really a whole lot else. It's really not even that close to any of the malls. If you don't have a car available, bring a good book.

Anne

I have this hotel booked several times throughout the year. My DD will be attending UCF. It's in a very safe area. It's the UCF college area. I have never had or seen any problems there at night so far.
It looks like a nice hotel from the outside anyway. I'll find out in August. It took me 30 minutes to get to DTD. from there.
Try posting on the collge board to see if anyone has stayed there. A lot of UCF kids post there.

I've never stayed there but I do live near there. There are 2 malls nearby, one at Waterford on Alafaya and the other in Oveido. There is another mall in Altamonte as well.

You are about a 45 min ride to Disney, I take 417 south to 528 then to I4.

Pita Pit and Lazy Moon pizza are really good places for cheap eats.

If you need any info, feel free to PM me.

-Cheryl

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter