Towncar to Alamo On Site WDW

mickeyclark

Earning My Ears
This may be a crazy idea, and somewhat costly. However, has anyone taken a towncar to thier hotel on WDW property and then rented a car from the on-site Alamo rental counter? This would allow us to avoid whatever lines their might be at MCO, have someone do the driving to and from WDW and the airport, and have some help with our bags. I will be traveling alone with a 4 year old. I am thinking the more help and the less waiting we do, the better off we will be:)!

Other than the $$ involved, I understand your point. I've been in the same situation and it's difficult handling all that & a small child. If money wasn't an issue, I think I'd do it. I'm sure plenty of folks won't agree with me, but that situation can cause a lot of stress when you're suppose to be vacationing. Take the towncar, stop for groceries, let someone else drive & enjoy the ride with your little one.

Why rent a car at all? If your on-site at WDW with a 4yo you may not need a rental car at all. Rount trip Towncar is about $100 plus tip, you get a grocery stop and hit the resort. They meet you at baggage and help with luggage if necessary. Return trip to the airport is just as great.

I travel to WDW as the solo adult with my 2 dd's and have been since they were 2 and 4. I have not yet rented or needed a car. The WDW transportation is great and its nice not to have to worry about driving and parking - just hop the bus, boat or monorial!

If you do need the car I would just make sure the rental company was on-site at the airport and rent then, IIRC Alamo is on-site. I think the towncar/rental car option is going to be quite pricy, you still have to deal with returning it.

TJ

I had to go to Orlando on business and was staying onsite at WDW. It was definetly worth a few bucks to have Tiffany Towncar get me to and from the resort/airport and not have to worry about picking up/dropping off the rental car at the airport, it's tough enough just to get through to your gate as it is these days. I then took a WDW bus from the resort we were staying to the Dolphin and got a great deal with the National counter just inside. It just made things a lot easier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter