• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Towncar from Airport to Disney?

sparmeland

Mouseketeer
We will be arriving at Disney on the busiest travel day of the year, day before Thanksgiving. We want to get a town car to take us to the resort to save time. We hope to be able to get to a park that night.

Has anyone ever done this, and if so whats a good company to use?

There are many good companies to use. You can find some at www.taxi-mco.com

In addition, I respectfully disagree with your assumption that a car service will get you to your resort faster than Disney's Magical Express would get you there.

There are many good companies to use. You can find some at www.taxi-mco.com

I've never heard of any of the car services mentioned on that site. :confused3 It doesn't look it's the official MCO site list.

After a quick Google search, I found the list from the MCO website:

http://www.orlandoairports.net/ops/vfh.htm

Lots from wihch to choose. The usual recommended companies are Tiffany, Happy, Murray Hill and FL Tours.

In addition, I respectfully disagree with your assumption that a car service will get you to your resort faster than Disney's Magical Express would get you there.

But the risk of unexpected delays, based on what I've read and what family/friends have experienced, is greater with ME.

;) My DH and I agree with the towncar service. We have used Tiffany each time and have used a Towncar and van. Only once did the driver make us uncomfortable with his speed and we just requested another driver the next year. They have alwys been prompt and car/van was always clean. DH and I agree that this is very much a luxury--we work so hard during the year--our attitude is that this is pat of the vacation--an attraction, so to speak. This year my parents (who are very budget conscious) will be going with us so my DH and I will pay for this service. My mom will get a kick out of someone holding up the sign in baggage claim for us. I don't know maybe that is kinda dumb but I think it will be a nice/fun touch for them. They have always worked so hard for other people. It is like being wisked away with your own private chauffer--I am crazy.:goodvibes

Now convincing my Dad that flying was better than driving was a whole different issue even if the ticket round trip was only $210 for each of us. :sad2: Heehee, he screamed "UNCLE" after twisting his arm for a few minutes. :rolleyes1 Gotta love your parents when you are in your late 30s/40s and they are 70ish and on a budget. I did the DDP so mom and I wouldn't have to listen to the food price speech at each park. Daddy is sooooo cute.:rolleyes:

We have always used a towncar (unless renting a car, did that a few times as well) and it's very quick. We only bring a carry-on each, so head straight to the luggage pickup area, and they are there with a sign with our name on it. It is very quick, and a nice service. We do a quick stop for some snacks and drinks.

The only problem is, the one I prefer I can't mention on this board. I got their name from another well known Disney info site. I really like them a lot!

I used Tiffany once, but the driver one way kind of seemed, well, not my favorite. So while not too bad, I prefer this other one way better.

We've used Happy Limo and been pleased with the service. Mousesavers has a coupon code that you can use.

We just got back and we used Tiffany. They were friendly, car was very nice and they were on time. We stopped at the store and got water and some breakfast items, and some wine. I would definitely recommend them.

If you are doing a round-trip, you do not necessarily have the same driver for both segments of your trip, so tip accordingly!

We've used town car service several times before with our most recent trip by FL Tours. They have been the best so far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter