TOWL Update

Maybe we can look at this in another way. What if Disney were to turn the TOWL into a BLT Concierge location? Would this be feasible and attract more income? :confused3

no problem. i usually slip a the cm tending the elevator a $20 and advise them that if my dh asks to reply, "they never saw me." :sad2:

jdubs808 said:
Maybe we can look at this in another way. What if Disney were to turn the TOWL into a BLT Concierge location? Would this be feasible and attract more income? :confused3

I like the idea. They could charge x for every person in a room and then your room has access to concierge at TOWL from 7am-7pm. After that close
Concierge and open bar and top to DVC members staying at any resort.

Disney makes money, DVC makes money, BLT guests paying for concierge are happy, and best of all TOWL stays a DVC perk during fireworks.

Okay help me to understand the new deal with TOWL....if Im reading correctly even if staying at a different DVC resort I can go up there - and I can bring anyone I want- but they have to be staying on my reservation. I'll be there in a few weeks and so will two good friends of mine and its actually both their birthdays. I'd love to take them up there to watch the fireworks as a surprise but if they're not staying in my room does that mean I can't take them?

I'm sure it will be fine. you meet the requirements. be sure to bring your DVC member card,and, for the heckof it, I'd bring both of your reservation confirmations, showing you are all currently staying on property, on your points. have fun!!!

I'm sure it will be fine. you meet the requirements. be sure to bring your DVC member card,and, for the heckof it, I'd bring both of your reservation confirmations, showing you are all currently staying on property, on your points. have fun!!!

Well I'm staying on property on points but my friends will at a different resort on property but not on points. So is it me (the DVC member) and any guests (well just a couple not a ridiculous amount LOL) I want to bring even though they aren't staying on my reservation?

BLT is not our style but the TOWL looks kind of fun. I haven't read the whole thread but from what I gather, it was originally meant for BLT owners but a lack of sales from those using the lounge made DVC open it to all members/those using points to gain more profit; is that about right?

Anyway, I'm glad it's open. We'll check it out and buy a drink. :thumbsup2

no, it was always meant for any DVC member staying at BLT, or guests staying on their points.

now it is open to any DVC member staying on property.(not just at BLT).

mainstreet, I don't know about your friends who are not staying on points. can you bring guests? not sure. (I would be willing to guess 2 people wouldn't make a big difference. just show your member card and room card, and son't say anything else?)

no, it was always meant for any DVC member staying at BLT, or guests staying on their points.

now it is open to any DVC member staying on property.(not just at BLT).

mainstreet, I don't know about your friends who are not staying on points. can you bring guests? not sure. (I would be willing to guess 2 people wouldn't make a big difference. just show your member card and room card, and son't say anything else?)
When my daughter and I went up, they asked for both of our KTTW cards and our DVC member ID's as well.

Well I'm staying on property on points but my friends will at a different resort on property but not on points. So is it me (the DVC member) and any guests (well just a couple not a ridiculous amount LOL) I want to bring even though they aren't staying on my reservation?

Does the KTTK show the resort name on it? (Sorry, it's been a while, I can't remember) If theirs show they are staying at a non-DVC resort, then I'd say they won't be allowed up....tho I can be wrong!

Does the KTTK show the resort name on it? (Sorry, it's been a while, I can't remember) If theirs show they are staying at a non-DVC resort, then I'd say they won't be allowed up....tho I can be wrong!

There is a code that tells CM's where you are staying.

:earsboy: Bill

I wasn't sure about bringing guests or not. it might also depend on the time of year and crowds. (just like you are supposed to check at the front desk or with the ifeguards when you pool hop.) guess I would call first to ask.

Okay help me to understand the new deal with TOWL....if Im reading correctly even if staying at a different DVC resort I can go up there - and I can bring anyone I want- but they have to be staying on my reservation. I'll be there in a few weeks and so will two good friends of mine and its actually both their birthdays. I'd love to take them up there to watch the fireworks as a surprise but if they're not staying in my room does that mean I can't take them?
When we went in July we had 10 people and all they asked to see was one of our KTTW cards and nothing else. They than asked where we were staying.

i don't think you understand.....when we were @ aluani,
they had a special area where they set up special,
family meet & greets. and they did special pictures.

..chef mickey has no wishes views like towl. but
they have the means to even "tweak" the top.

what is the current rule? that is what we go by. so
really? it is in place so all the workers has to do ,ever
is to check. but if we were ever staying there, and
was turned away then i will do problem solving. same
for parking.

the way i see it, 2 people ain't the problem but all
those reading & trying new ways to sneak in.

i don't think you understand.....when we were @ aluani,
they had a special area where they set up special,
family meet & greets. and they did special pictures.

..chef mickey has no wishes views like towl. but
they have the means to even "tweak" the top.

what is the current rule? that is what we go by. so
really? it is in place so all the workers has to do ,ever
is to check. but if we were ever staying there, and
was turned away then i will do problem solving. same
for parking.

the way i see it, 2 people ain't the problem but all
those reading & trying new ways to sneak in.
The motivation of the staff to be lax on entrance policies probably has to do with the consistent problem of filling the lounge. My guess is the chances of you being turned away because the lounge or viewing area are to full is slim. If I were you I would be more worried of the TOTWL closing permanently.

Two weeks ago, we were staying at the cabins at FW on cash and we went up to TOWL twice. I had my DVC member card, they did not ask for the KTTW card(s). The first time, the CM at the desk asked where we were staying and wrote it down -- second time the CM asked as we were on our way to the elevator.

Lounge was packed from about 8PM until after the fireworks (which were at 9) -- probably 4 deep at the bar.

Hope they keep it available to all DVC memebrs staying on site.

mac_tlc

i am not concern about the lounge closing @ all. but the
top side was given to blt owners, so they are never going
to take that away.

...the crowds are a problem , for parking & for families
to have a safe & relaxing place to watch the fireworks.

besides those staying @ blt can make their own mixed drinks.

it just a matter of time, if the workers are not doing their
job & they keep letting large party groups sneak in, there will
be an incident.

The motivation of the staff to be lax on entrance policies probably has to do with the consistent problem of filling the lounge. My guess is the chances of you being turned away because the lounge or viewing area are to full is slim. If I were you I would be more worried of the TOTWL closing permanently.

:thumbsup2 If this "experiment" of letting all DVC members access doesn't work,(bring in enough money) I think there is a very good chance it will be rented out to private parties.

mainstreet wasn't looking for ways to sneak in; she was asking about the rules. people are discussing that, from their experiences. everyone's trying to figure out what the rules really are, as experiences vary. some people even thought TOWL access was only for BLT owners, which was NEVER true. (maybe a bus driver knows:;))

I like the idea. They could charge x for every person in a room and then your room has access to concierge at TOWL from 7am-7pm. After that close
Concierge and open bar and top to DVC members staying at any resort.

Disney makes money, DVC makes money, BLT guests paying for concierge are happy, and best of all TOWL stays a DVC perk during fireworks.

I kinda like this idea, I also think they could do some form of disney Fine Photography or Specail gatherings during the day. I like the idea of closing the loundge to DVC only after a point so the DVC members still get the perk.

Disney and DVC will find a creative way to bring more people to the lounge during the daylight hours. They will find a way to tweak the experience that will be enjoyed by all. pirate:

We are DVC members, but are staying at the contemporary on a cash reservation (can't beat the 50% off military discount- we'll save the points for next year!). We'll be there Sept 25-Oct 2. Do you think we have a shot at getting up there if we show our DVC card? It would be awesomely convenient! My Mom and I could switch off going up to watch the fireworks every night after DS went to bed.

We are DVC members, but are staying at the contemporary on a cash reservation

According to the new rules (in effect until Jan 2013 apparently), as long as you show your DVC Membership card, and are staying at a Disney Resort (cash or points), you can get up to the TOTWL.

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter