• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tower of Terror!

tinkerbelle*

Earning My Ears
I am going to WDW soon and am so excited! I'm not a big fan of huge rides, how bad is the TOT?

I know I'll be dragged onto TOT! :earseek:

Well, My family loves it! I on the other hand, prefer to stick with Rock-n-Roller Coaster. I used to like it, but now that they have added so many drops to it, I just can't do it anymore! :crazy2:

It's really not that bad. I'm terrified of heights, but I love the ToT. You'll most likely be terrified the first time through (I was shaking and heart was pounding), but that just makes the rush that much better. I'd plan on riding twice back-to-back. First one to get over the nerves, second time you'll still be hopped up on endorphins so you won't be nervous, and you'll actually get to look around and appreciate all of the incredible theming. Should cure your fear forever. Now I get a bit of nervous anticipation while in line, but it's more excitement than fear. Have fun!!!

I'm looking forward to this ride!

Should be fun. DD wants to ride it too, and she's 6 1/2, we'll see.

Tower of Terror is my most favorite ride anywhere (& I like to ride the scariest rides!) :scared1:

I always go alone because DH watched the kids. Up to now they couldn't go on because they were too little but this year my oldest DD may come on with me. The first time I went on I was scared & my heart was beating fast & the ride did not dissapoint! It is "thrilling" & it does make your stomach jump. It is alot of fun & you should try it at least once. One December it was so empty that I got to ride it 3 times in a row..that was so cool, but my DH was wondering where I was for so long. :p

It is one of my favorite rides. And since every sequence is random, the ride is never the same twice. So you can go again and again and never get bored! Also, the theming is excellent. It truly is one of the best rides in the World.

This is my dh's favorite ride...not mine!!!! :earseek: I like to ride in the upper back corners because there is a handle to hold onto..with my dh on the other side. I hold on...close my eyes and wish I was on the Tea Cups!!!!

But of course when it is over..it's always a great time!!!

Enjoy!!!

I'll be on it a week from today!!!

heidi :earsgirl:

tinkerbelle* said:
What's worse: Tower of Terror or Rockin' Roller Coaster?

Really hard to judge, because they're such different rides. In terms of G forces, Rockin Roller Coaster pulls more Gs. But for some people, it's the repeated up and down of ToT that they have problems with. For others, the up and down is no problem, their difficulty is with the inversions on RRC. So, my advice would be to go on both and make your own judgement call. If you hate one, it'll be over in a few minutes and you never have to ride again. If you hate both, you've still only lost a combined few minutes. And more than likely, you'll end up loving both!! Either way, at least you'll be able to say you've done it.

The Tower of Terror is an example of one of Disney's finest and best-themed rides. Even the queue area is excellently laid out...with the creepy, scratchy music from the 1940's (i.e. Mood Indigo) subtly playing in the background and the rolling fog/mist coming from the landscaping...the drained out fountain, etc. So basically, this ride stars telling the story as soon as you get into line.

Once you enter the building, it becomes really clear really fast that you are in for an experience.

The drops are great and you'll feel a good adrenaline rush or two. The ride will surely have you laughing and clapping because it's THAT good!

I understand if you are scared, but hopefully you'll conquer that fear and let yourself experience this great ride!

Good luck and have lots of fun!!!

ToT is my favorite ride! I almost didn't go on it because I've never been a fan of "drop" rides. I was talked into it and I absolutely love it.

I can't say enough how much fun TOT is. The look is fabulous, the effects are terrific, and the drops leave you with that "let's do this again right now" feeling. In my book, TOT is right up there with POTC and HM. :earsboy:

In my opinion, it's not huge. In fact, its 199 ft tall and doesn't even use up the entire 199 ft. The drop is about 12-13 oversized stories. You have probably seen bigger drops at Six Flags. It is pretty much fun and more exciting, but less intense and nausious (sp?). Also, it slows down just a little after the drop. I would say only about 130 ft. are actual "drop" space...

It's a great thrill ride! It's my favorite in all of WDW! I scream the whole time, but that's part of the fun for me! I can't handle RNR, but love TOT!It's such a neat feeling!

MinnieM3 said:
It's a great thrill ride! It's my favorite in all of WDW! I scream the whole time, but that's part of the fun for me! I can't handle RNR, but love TOT!It's such a neat feeling!

I feel the same way!!! I cannot handle RNR but ToT, I love it!!!!!! :banana:

;) Tower of Terror is my FAVORITE ride ever. You will have a blast on it. If it is your first time I recomend you ask for a back row. I remember I was 10 my first time riding tower and I had front row I got a lil spooked seeing the WHOLE MgM! :rolleyes: Just have a blast and dont think it will be scary cuz it isnt!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter