Tower of Terror

Belle's World

DIS Veteran
What actually happens on this ride? I convinced myself that i was brave enough to give it a go but now am wimping out a bit so would like to know exactly what happens in order to prepare myself.

Just to give you some idea of how much of a wimp i am i love Big Thunder Mountain. Always refused to go on a rollercoaster that went upside down until we mistakenly went on the virtual build your own rollercoaster in the studio park and fitted a piece of track which went upside down without realising (Do they still have this or has it gone along with the TV studio tour?). After this i became a little braver and on my ninth trip to DLRP eventuially went on Space Mountain twice which was ok apart from the fact your head really got banged against the metle either side. I think the fact it was dark really helped me with this as i couldn't see we were about to go upside down. I have never been on Aerosmith Rock and Roller coaster, do you think i could handle it? Or Indianna Jones which a relative went on when it was backwards and said it was the worst rollercoaster they had ever been on which really put me off!

Thanks for you advice and info

Ro

we have just come back & although i did not go on this myself!! my husband & 7 yr old son & 12 yr old daughter did!
just wanted to tell you they thought the Aerosmith was fantastic! & went on it loads, they enjoyed TOT but said it is more of the unknown thats the scary thing, it drops you a few times & the door/windowns at the front open & the ppl at the front ( where they were sitting!) can see out to the park.

i only went on the kids rides! i qued up for big thunder mountain & chickened out as i got to the front :rotfl:

It's difficult to say 'exactly' what happens as I believe that the sequence of rises and drops is randomly picked from a selection meaning that you may ride 10 times without the same experience.

Basically you enter to ToT and go through all the pre-show stuff, then you enter a lift.

The lift then moves around a little before showing you an image of the lift through the twilight zone. You then shoot up to the top where the doors open and you see over the park. This is where your series of drops and rises starts.

Honestly it's not that bad, I personally find SM:2 and RnR more of a thrill than the ToT and would say to someone to do ToT over the other two!

It's difficult to say 'exactly' what happens as I believe that the sequence of rises and drops is randomly picked from a selection meaning that you may ride 10 times without the same experience.

Sadly DLRP dont have that on there TOT so its the same ride everytime, in Disney Hollywood Studios they do have this and the ride is always different.

Shame DLRP don't do it though, would be nice to ride it and not know whats coming next.

Thanks for that.

Do you ever drop right from the very top all the way to the ground or just ahlf way up and down etc?

Ro

Hi i'm new at this so i hope you get the reply (sorry if you don't)

Im a wimp when it come to rides. I went on ToT last sept and loved every second of it, once i rode it once you could not get me off (although i get butterfly's every time). As others have said its the waiting to drop thats the worse part it's one of the best rides i have ever been on. I did do rock 'n' rollercoaster 2 years ago (i was brave) which was great but i only did it the once as i have a bad back my dbf goes on it all the time and loves the lights and music.

Hi Kazabelle,

Elaine, Jackie, Elaine and Reid welcome you to DLP DIS board

We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread, or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each

If you have not had a look yet, DLP posting rules are here
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1477038 ,
DIS posting guidelines can be found here
http://www.wdwinfo.com/guidelines.htm .

You guys are all a lot braver than I am - I get palpitations just on the frog hopper at Gullivers :rotfl::rotfl:

TOT is exciting and scary at the same time !

It's the whole "losing your stomach" feeling

i didnt know whether to laugh or cry ! :rotfl:

I LOVE BTM ,Indiana Jones was ok ( i think,i had my eyes shut nearly the whole way ;) )

don't like SM2 due to it being quite rough, and my poor neck and head didn't like it ! :sad2:

I love BTM but wont do any other coasters - I refuse to go upside down but also love TOT

We were there five days last October and Tower of Terror was the first ride hubby and son went on, I wimped out as it was an unknown. Waited right until the last day and went on. It was FAB. The whole build up to the ride was great with the old hotel and library and staff. Just great. The ride was brilliant and is a drop up and downy thing but the seating is great as you are just on bench seats next to each other. It isn't at all like the big drop towers, like Hurricane Condor at Portaventure, now you would not get me anywhere near that one.

My only disappointment was that I hadn't been on it sooner. It is going to be my first stop in October.

Gutted that we didn't get to do ToT, but there were 120 minute waits both days we went to have a look and we'd already used up our FP's in the other park. :sad1:

I love BTM and Indianna Jones, in fact I think I prefer IJ, but that could be because we've ridden BTM so many times now. IJ backwards was truly awful, my worse coaster experience ever.
I was so prepared for SM2 to be a similar experience that I was pleasantly surprised and I'd ride it again, kind of lulls you into a false sense of security when it slows down during the ride though :rotfl:
Don't mind RnR, thought Crush started well and then :scared1: I didn't like the spin around in the dark bit at all. :sick:

Thanks,

Think i am all set now am going to be barve and definately do Crush, TOT and possibly rock and roller coaster.

Ro

Well, last time I rode TOT it was in 1997 when I was on my weddingmoon in WDW It was a recent attraction then, and I had done BTM, and SM with no problem.

I have to be honest and say that I cried when I came off- I didnt like it at all and I wont be riding it next month :scared1:

So... I'm a wimp! But wild horses wouldnt persuade me to do it again :eek:

I'll join you in wimpdom, I won't do anything more than BTM and I only go on that when both the children want to, and DH can't take them both on his own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter