Tower of Terror

GraceLovesWDW

Earning My Ears
I'm not very brave when it comes to rides, the worst I can take is probably Big Thunder Mountain. The other 3 members of my family go on everything. They tell me that ToT is really not bad at all and have been trying to convince me to ride it on our next trip. So, my question is: How bad is ToT? and Do you think I will be able to go on it without pooping my pants :rotfl:

Thank you :)

Not so bad...I was so scared when I first waited on line to get on it 4 years ago. As soon as the ride was over, I immediately went back on the line to do it all over again! I love it....I have been a fan of the ride ever since. No poops here. GO FOR IT!!!!:thumbsup2

I'm not very brave when it comes to rides, the worst I can take is probably Big Thunder Mountain. The other 3 members of my family go on everything. They tell me that ToT is really not bad at all and have been trying to convince me to ride it on our next trip. So, my question is: How bad is ToT? and Do you think I will be able to go on it without pooping my pants :rotfl:

Thank you :)
It's our family favorite. Our kids have been riding it since the age of 4.

Try Space Moutain too and Splash Moutain too they are tamer than ToT in my opionon...you will enjoy all 3...I wouldnt try RNR...its fast and goes upside down....Do you ride HM if not its a great ride too

We love it. I will say that the first time I rode it, I was not too sure about doing it again. Rode it a second time and LOVED it. I think knowing what to expect added to my enjoyment for some reason. It is a great ride!!!

TOT was the only ride we had never done because we were totally terrified of it.Worked up the courage last trip and it became our favorite ride:cool1: Nothing like i thought it would be, kind of a floating feeling. U gotta try it:thumbsup2

I'm a MAJOR ride weenie. A few trips ago, I did BTMR with DD and thought I was going to (physically) die. I was sick to my stomach and had a horrible headache. I also did ToT that same trip and while I was scared to death, I did not have any of the physical motion sickness problems. But I didn't really like the ride, and have not done it since. That being said, at least trying it once was okay.

Have fun!
Mary

It depends...... my future daughter in law just returned yesterday and she did Everest, Rock N Roller Coaster, Space Mountain, etc. with no problems. But Tower of Terror made her feel sick to her stomach; she just can't take rides with "drops". :sick: :eek:

I was very proud of her that she at least tried it though! :lovestruc

:idea: Look at it this way
1. You will not get killed or hurt on the ride.
2. The detail of scenery within the ride is spectacular.
3. It's nice to be able to point to pictures of the huge tower and say "I rode that."

and 4......You're probably gonna have a blast like most people who ride it!!:banana:

One of the best experiences you can get from Disney. The special effects and the theming is amazing. I was scared when I first rode it at DL, after I rode it I jumped right back in line. Have fun your at DW!!

We were just there in Sept with our 2 y.o. (almost 3 at the time) little boy. He's very tall for his age and was able to ride Tot. He loved it, the whole time were pointing out different things to keep him from getting scared, like the stars and different things and also told him the whole time that we were going to drop and mommy and daddy were going to catch him. He loved it and asked to ride again when it was over. He rode it 4 times!! Needless to say we dished out the money for a pic of our 2 y.o.'s first ride on Tot!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
We were just there in Sept with our 2 y.o. (almost 3 at the time) little boy. He's very tall for his age and was able to ride Tot. He loved it, the whole time were pointing out different things to keep him from getting scared, like the stars and different things and also told him the whole time that we were going to drop and mommy and daddy were going to catch him. He loved it and asked to ride again when it was over. He rode it 4 times!! Needless to say we dished out the money for a pic of our 2 y.o.'s first ride on Tot!!

It's funny because my dad is pretty strict on what he rides and doesn't (he hates space mountain and will not ride Thunder Mountain, Splash Mtn, Rock N Roller Coaster, etc. But he's a huge Twilight Zone fan, so there was some interest in the TOT. He, for some odd reason, built up the courage to ride it. Here's his description of the ride afterwards:

"The ride is fantastic right up until the end. The special effects are incredible and the ride itself is as spooky as the show. But the first drop felt like we dropped right into hell. After that, I didn't feel anything"

For me, I don't like drops either. But I find that if I scream, my stomach is fine. For some reason, screaming your head off actually makes it better. I end-up laughing every time.

It's funny because my dad is pretty strict on what he rides and doesn't (he hates space mountain and will not ride Thunder Mountain, Splash Mtn, Rock N Roller Coaster, etc. But he's a huge Twilight Zone fan, so there was some interest in the TOT. He, for some odd reason, built up the courage to ride it. Here's his description of the ride afterwards:

"The ride is fantastic right up until the end. The special effects are incredible and the ride itself is as spooky as the show. But the first drop felt like we dropped right into hell. After that, I didn't feel anything"

That's a great comment

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter