Tower of Terror: What do you think?

Tower of Terror: Do you like it?

• Yes, I enjoy it and try to experience it on each visit to MGM.

• Its ok. I go on it if I have time.

• Ugh. I skip it.

• Have been to MGM, but never on Tower of Terror.

• I've never been to MGM.

Results are only viewable after voting.
It is the other main reason we go to MGM--- and YES, I always ride it... many times, if possible. However, my DD would have to vote for the "Ugh, I skip it", so we have to do the child swap for this one.

ToT is our favorite. My DS also would agree, he would ride it all day if we would let him. By the way he is 5.

I really enjoy ToT but I think it is one of those rides that DH could miss and not be upset about. Since we will have DS with us for our next trip it will give him an 'easy out' because he will have to stay with DS while I give it a go. ;)

I don't fit into any of the categories! I have a love/hate relationship with the TOT. Went on it for the first time in November (after telling my kids "no, absolutely not!" every year since it was born). I hate that free fall feeling, but I love the theming, anticipation (better known as terror), and whole experience that I know I will keep doing it until I can say I love it!

I have not heard that the lap bar is gone in favor of the belt. Perhaps, what this person meant was that they wanted to sit in the back row seat in the middle. It is the only seat with a belt.
MCazer Disney is replacing the "one lap bar for all" with individual restraints. However, don't know the timetable.
Some cars I believe may have had a few of the bars replaced already.

Originally posted by madcoco:
Disney is replacing the "one lap bar for all" with individual restraints.
IMHO, this can only be a good thing.

I can't be the only one to notice that "one lap-bar for all" is not a suitable form of restraint on this type of attraction.

My point being that a small child / small children seated in the same row as a *large* (not meaning to be rude) adult, is not practical.

Although i have had no qualms with safety on this ride, I think it does make better sense to have individual restarnts.

Carene.:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Tower of Terror is, in my humble opinion, the best-themed attraction in Walt Disney World.

Between the staging of the attraction and the actual ride, it is incredible. I remember the very first time I rode it. I thought, "Wow... Disney has outdone themselves!"

I make it point to ride that sucker as many times as possible.

So who else does the floating penny trick on TOT? It seems to work even better now with the new ride sequence.:)

I'm not allowed to do the floating penny trick on ToT ever since.....

.....the incident.

TOT is thrilling! I can't wait to experience the new random drop sequences next week. Woo hoo!

I'm not allowed to do the floating penny trick on ToT ever since.....

.....the incident.
OK Redbeard 52. Fill me in.

:eek: I love the tower...but I am my own worst enemy.
Is it just me or does everyone pysch themselves out for that first drop:confused:
After that first drop I just love it.
I was down in July of 2002 and if memory serves I think it bunged you 4 times..and the air rush thing...well, that was pretty cool. Has that changed??
This trip (in June) I will be passing on the ride. I have my 5 year old and I am not quite sure if she is ready to be droped like a rock.
:p I have given thoughts to Rock 'n' Rollercoaster though.

:wave:

Disney princess since 1982
90's Carb Beach
00 All Star Resorts
02 All Star Music
03 Dixie Landings (POR--riverside)

what is the floating penny trick which people are tlaking about?

TOT is my favorite ride at MGM! I went on it last week all by myself because everyone else in my party wouldn't go! We still had lap bars in my car--the one on the extreme right.

If you hold a penny flat in the palm of your hand, when the elevator drops the penny will "float" in the air. We tried this last summer and it's really a neat effect!

what is the floating penny trick which people are tlaking about?
It's when you take a dime or penny place it in the palm of your hand or on your leg. It will rise in weightlessness as the elevator drops.(The car doesn't free fall, it is actually pulled down). You can sometimes get them to go right through the screen overtop and into the twilightzone.

Thanks madcoco!
Sounds fun --I will have to try it next time.

But I am intrigued as to what was redbeard referring to then....??
I'm not allowed to do the floating penny trick on ToT ever since.....the incident
Carene:cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter