• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tower of Terror-Summer Version?

soxyes

Mouseketeer
Has anyone been on the Tower of Terror since the new summer changes have been in place? I'm so curious!:confused:

We haven't. (YET!) but I've heard from a number of people about what has changed.

The Fifth Demsion Scene- Now, you see an image of the elevator your in, and it disappears.

Drop Shaft- When you get into the drop shaft, instead of being lifted up before you fall, you just fall.

Lighting- There is supposedly new lighting at night. I haven't seen this yet.

Lighting Inside- In the boiler room, instead of the lights just flickering, sometimes they just go out.

Queue- Appearently while your outside you can hear a little girl singing "It's raining, it's pouring"

Hope I helped... If I'm wrong feel free to correct me. Again, I haven't been on it yet!! :goodvibes

The drop at the shaft before the lift isn't "new" persay, when it first opened up, you dropped first. Then came the change in sequences. With the change in sequences, you never knew if you would drop or go up first. So have they changed back to where you drop first all the time now?

Oh MAN--those changes sound AWESOME AND COOL!!!!! Are they JUST for the summer/????? I go in November and it would be killer if they kept it that way for awhile!

Oh MAN--those changes sound AWESOME AND COOL!!!!! Are they JUST for the summer/????? I go in November and it would be killer if they kept it that way for awhile!

I think they're only for Summernightastic!... But then again, we're talking about Disney... So thhey could extend it.

We haven't. (YET!) but I've heard from a number of people about what has changed.

The Fifth Demsion Scene- Now, you see an image of the elevator your in, and it disappears.

Drop Shaft- When you get into the drop shaft, instead of being lifted up before you fall, you just fall.

Lighting- There is supposedly new lighting at night. I haven't seen this yet.

Lighting Inside- In the boiler room, instead of the lights just flickering, sometimes they just go out.

Queue- Appearently while your outside you can hear a little girl singing "It's raining, it's pouring"

Hope I helped... If I'm wrong feel free to correct me. Again, I haven't been on it yet!! :goodvibes

We had all of the above last week except for hearing the singing...he drop is uber cool...you REALLY feel like you are floating, it was longer,we dropped, then up again, then down, then way up,,then downs and up yet again,hesitation and DOOOOOOOOWN! the lighting inside turned green the 2 nights we were there, the CM's were in character big time..it was a blast!

In the fifth dimension scene, when you see the elevator you're in disappear - do you actually see yourself and all of the others who are in the elevator along with you?

In the fifth dimension scene, when you see the elevator you're in disappear - do you actually see yourself and all of the others who are in the elevator along with you?

Yes- you actually see yourself in the elevator. Actually you see it twice- once before getting in the shaft and once at the end of the ride.

They also deleted the scene of all of the Twilight Zone things on the level where you mover into the elevator shaft.

I believe that there is only 1 drop squence going right now- I rode it a number of times in a row and I am sure that all 3 times at the end were the same- I had more time between the other times I rode it though.

I have always been curious why they take certain things out that didn't have any real affect on the ride. They have the message board that had the letters that fell off and spelled out the message in the bottom of the message board bottom. I went to show it to my DS and the letters at the bottom were gone. The CM said they took it out and he had no idea why.
Does anyone know why that was removed? Kind of silly. I thought it was neat and others that noticed it after they saw us looking thought it was neat too.

Can any one answer this for me?

The Fountains that are outside the ride,
did they ever work, or are they just a prop?
Every time I have been there they are always dry.
Just part of the theme?

Yes you do...twice actually...

The other big change I noticed (but not sure if it is in conjunction with the other changes) is when the elevator is moving forward towards the elevator shaft, you used to ride past what appeared to me to be walls of mirrors. Now it is all black with small twinkling lights... personally, I like the latter much better.

thanks for the info rlovew and stitchlovestink:thumbsup2.. cant wait to ride it and see the changes it sounds totally awesome:banana:

I have been on this ride 3 or 4xs and I wouldn't notice any changes b/c each time I get so nervous about the drop that that is ALL I think about lol. I really couldn't tell you what happens before or after the drop, I know the queue but thats it.

well, you see ALMOST everyone, he-he-heh...... a few are *missing* which is even cooler!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter