Tower of Terror Seatbelts.

Safari Steve

D23 Expo Here I Come!!!
Well, I rode one just an hour ago, and it was just peachy!
No, you are not confined to your seat any more than w/ the lap bar.
No, you do not lose any sensation.
Yes, you do catch air like you did in the center seatbelt seat.
Yes, there will be vehicles available w/ five-point harness belts to accomodate guests who previously could not ride due to amputation.
No, it does not take any longer to check the seatbelts than it does to check the lap bars (yellow pull tabs like other belted attractions).
Yes, they have installed handles between the seats (like the ones on either side of the middle back seat).

Also, the numbers in the loading areas have been painted black, so as to contrast more with the brass plates they're stamped onto. This has reduced loading slow downs by over 37% (which means more time on average to check the seatbelts, if necessary).

It's all great, no worries.

Thanks Steve, I look forward to riding this to see the difference for myself. Have all the cars been converted yet?

I would imagine that having the handles beside each seat "space" would not be good - what if I don't fit?

Yes..one size does not fit all..are the seats between the arm rests or handles of decent size or on the small size?? When is the total change over to seat belts due to be done?? Will ToT be closing down for a rehab while they convert it??

The handles are quite small (just big enough to grab... impossible to consider an "armrest") , and spaced fairly generously. I'm sure that they will be eliminated or changed if they pose a problem during this extensive testing phase. Again I say, No worries, no drama.

Sounds good! Hope i get a back seat. If I could guarantee that DD could get one, she would ride... she just doesn't like the sensation of "just" the lap bar... therefore won't ride it. Any word on when the entire switchover will be?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter