Tower of Terror Question - Does size really matter?

PryncessChrysty

Merrily on our way to nowhere in particular
DH2B and I are going to be at DLR tomorrow night and I really want to go on Tower of Terror. I've had back problems since it opened, but I've recently lost a decent amount of weight and I finally feel good enough to give it a try!! Woohoo!! That said, I still have a good amount of weight to lose, and while I know that Disney is pretty good about making the new rides more accommodating to bigger people, I'm worried that I'm going to get up there just to find that I can't fit on the ride!
Does anyone have experience with the Tower of Terror - the seatbelts in particular....? This is totally embarassing to have to even ask, but I figured if anyone could help me, it would be my friends on the DIS!!!

TIA! :blush:

Well I can't really say since you didn't say what size you are, but I asked my friend who is just a little over 5 feet and weighs about 215 pounds, don't know if that is even in the ballpark, but she said she feels completely comfortable on that ride and the seatbelt fit her fine when we went.

By the way, congratulations on losing the weight, it's a great feeling isn't it!!!

Andrea

I've seen some pretty big people ride it. I'm 5'4" and a little under 200 pounds and have never had an issue. I've seen people way bigger than me ride also.

I think you will be fine. I have been as high as 250 pounds (oh my God I can't believe i just admitted that) and never had a problem. Thankfully, I am quite a bit less than that now but on my recent trip to WDW didn't really think I fit on the rides any easier than when I was heavier, it was just easier doing all that walking and climbing in and out of rides. So I guess my point is that even at my heaviest the only ride I had a problem with was Astro Obiter. I fit okay but it wasn't easy getting into that thing. But then I could be 120 pounds and I am not sure it would be easy. You will be fine on TOT.

We have a buddy who is about 6'3 and over 300 lbs who got on the ride with no problem. I wouldn't worry about it.

MATTERHORN said:
Well I can't really say since you didn't say what size you are, but I asked my friend who is just a little over 5 feet and weighs about 215 pounds, don't know if that is even in the ballpark, but she said she feels completely comfortable on that ride and the seatbelt fit her fine when we went.

By the way, congratulations on losing the weight, it's a great feeling isn't it!!!

Andrea

I'm about the same size as the poster's friend and I also rodeTOT (both at DCA and WDW) w/o and probs.

when I WAS 5'9" and 324 there were NOT any rides I could not fit in at DL

Thank you all so much for your replies!! We did go last night and we had a great time!! Unfortunately, we didn't have quite enough time to go on TOT. But we're going back next weekend for my birthday so I think we'll be going on it then. I can't wait!!!!!!

Thanks again to everyone!!!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter