Tower of Terror for 4 year old

Largely, I would make the decision based upon your kid. Not all kids are the same. It is a scary ride but if your child isn't easily scared, then it shouldn't be a problem.

Miranda Danda said:
Our almost 4 year old DD (will turn 4 Sept 3rd, just before our mid-September trip). She is 41 inches barefooted and dead set on riding Tower of Terror. We have talked about it, at length, and watched numerous YouTube videos of the ride. I am hesitant to let her ride it just because I don't want it to be waaaay more than she anticipates.

I should also add that she is quite the daredevil, loves thrills, and anything spooky. I, however, am scared of free fall rides. I rode ToT waaaay back when it was first built and there was one drop. My DH is more than willing to take her on it if she still decides to do so once she's sees it in person.

I am thinking that if she still wants to do it at the end of our trip, I might relent. I just don't want it to ruin any of the other rides for her. IMO, ToT is the scariest ride at WDW.

Thoughts or experiences? Thanks in advance!

If she wants to let her! How else will she know if she likes it or not? You've prepared her and let her know she doesn't have to go on it again if she doesn't want to. Now its on her.

let her ride it!! my 7 yr old son(was 3 on our last trip to disney) rode it. it kinda suprised my wife and me that he wanted to ride it. there were other rides that he was too short to ride and he had a major meltdown. it will be interesting now that he is 7 and a bit taller to see if he rides some of the major rides.

I was 4 when ToT first opened and was adamant about riding it. My dad and I waited in the two hour line and once I got up to the elevator doors I panicked and refused to go on! He felt awful and people started making remarks thinking that he was trying to force me into riding it. I ended up not riding it until I was older. Needless to say it depends on your child and she may be all for it, but you never no until she gets on it.

Both of my granddaughters wanted to ride it when they were 4 or 5. So we let them go on. They are now 12 and 14 and refuse to ever ride it again. It scared them to death. They will ride everything else at Disney except TOT.

My son has been going on since he was three. He is now almost 7 and has LOVED this ride ever since !!!

We have 5 children and have been going to Disney for many years. All of them were riding Tower of Terror by the ages of 4 or 5. They loved it then and love it now. But, really, every kid is different, but if your kid says she wants to ride it and enjoys thrill rides, just let her ride it. If she doesn't like it, then she doesn't have to ride it again.

If a young child said, specifically, they didn't want to ride, then I would not make them. But, if they are up to it, let them give it a try.

My advice: Stop projecting your own fears onto your daughter. She is her own person and will discover her own limits soon enough.

::yes:: If she wants to try it, let her. If she doesn't like it, then she'll know. Our children can and often do surprise us. :goodvibes We often try to protect them WAY too much and don't give them the credit they deserve. I'm guilty of that myself.

She grabbed on to her Daddy and when the ride was over, DH's crotch was wet from the sippy cup. :lmao:

He walked out of the ride holding his hat in front of his lap.

OH NO!!!!!!!!!:rotfl2::lmao: Love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter