Tower of Terror Bar

I'm not a huge fan of kids sitting at the bar, but it happens frequently at my local brewpub, especially when people are waiting for a table to be ready. I don't like it because when little Billy is sitting at the bar next to Dad, there's one less seat that I could be sitting in, and I know that my bartender friends don't like it, because they know that I'm a much better tipper than little Billy is.
If a bartender made *any* indication to me that they were unhappy that my daughter had a seat at the bar next to me their tip would be a BIG FAT ZERO. They would be responsible for their lousy tip, not my DD.

Like the Ink & Paint Club from Who Framed Roger Rabbit? That'd be pretty cool.

Current Disney execs: "What's a Roger Rabbit? Was that that little furry character in Guardians of the Galaxy? That's a good idea Jennasis... 'Hey Bob I just had a great idea, we should cross-market our Guardians of the Galaxy property in the parks to make a Roger Rabbit bar in the Tower of Terror ride. What's a Twilight Zone? Is that that vampire thing? No? Oh...Never saw that. Why yes reskinning the ride for Guardians of the Galaxy does sound like a good idea Bob... you are smart. you make things go."

:D

If a bartender made *any* indication to me that they were unhappy that my daughter had a seat at the bar next to me their tip would be a BIG FAT ZERO. They would be responsible for their lousy tip, not my DD.

The bartender that said this to me is a friend from before she ever started working at this bar, and obviously a smart bartender would never say this or indicated it during his or her shift, but if you think the bartender would rather have a couple of seats filled by toddlers whose family is waiting for a table rather than a customer that he knows is going to order a couple of $12-$15 dollar drinks, you're living in a dreamworld.

In California it is illegal for someone under 21 to sit at the bar. So, neither you or your daughter would be served.

I wonder if maybe we're forgetting that this would be in a Disney theme park... ...?

Perhaps it's just me, but a bar in Manhattan, let's say vs. a bar in WDW (in he parks)... my expectations are a little different about kids there.

That said, unless it's a restaurant/bar, I'd go without the kids, Disney or not, personally.

With all this arguing going on in the immortal words of Helen Lovejoy "Won's someone Please think of the Children"

Right you are all fabulous if you don't allow your kids in bars or let them order fake drinks as your not exposing them to the evils of drink.

And you are all fabulous if you do take your kids into bar showing them how to drink responsibly

And if you do take your kids into a bar tip a bit extra.

right is everyone Happy?????

Good, okay now back to more important things at hand like when on earth is this opening...

In California it is illegal for someone under 21 to sit at the bar. So, neither you or your daughter would be served.
It's perfectly legal in Wisconsin where I live and in Florida where the ToT bar in question is located.

The bartender that said this to me is a friend from before she ever started working at this bar, and obviously a smart bartender would never say this or indicated it during his or her shift, but if you think the bartender would rather have a couple of seats filled by toddlers whose family is waiting for a table rather than a customer that he knows is going to order a couple of $12-$15 dollar drinks, you're living in a dreamworld.
I'm not living in a dreamworld, I simply don't give a mouse's butt what the bartender prefers :rolleyes:. Their job is to serve people at the bar. FWIW, I always tip the bartender if I get good service.

I believe this is the same in NYC. You might have a bartender who will let your kid sit up front if its early but its depending on who is serving you.

I believe this is the same in NYC. You might have a bartender who will let your kid sit up front if its early but its depending on who is serving you.
Generally, children are allowed in bars/pubs that serve food in addition to liquor, but most venues will not allow them to sit at the bar.

Some of my local venues (Park Slope) have banned children entirely, even those that do serve food, because the strollers, sticky fingers & lack of available seats were a nuisance to the adult patrons. Those that know the area know that it is very friendly to families & children - just not in bars.

Generally, children are allowed in bars/pubs that serve food in addition to liquor, but most venues will not allow them to sit at the bar.

Some of my local venues (Park Slope) have banned children entirely, even those that do serve food, because the strollers, sticky fingers & lack of available seats were a nuisance to the adult patrons. Those that know the area know that it is very friendly to families & children - just not in bars.

I live near Park Slope too! Small World :)

Any update on when this will open?
i had actually been wondering the same thing lately.
it had said it would open in like a week when this thread was first started yet i've heard absolutely nothing about it lately and no one has mentioned getting a drink there.
Unfortunately it seems as though this project has been cancelled - no ToT bar coming now apparently... :( They cleared the area and got everything ready, but no bar actually opened.

I tbink I read somewhere that the whole thing was just a rumor that never came to fruition. That's too bad, it sounded like great fun.

I tbink I read somewhere that the whole thing was just a rumor that never came to fruition. That's too bad, it sounded like great fun.

According to the Rumors and News board, it was greenlit, but then Merchandising objected, citing concerns that it would impact the gift shop sales. Heaven forbid that should happen. So it got canned.

According to the Rumors and News board, it was greenlit, but then Merchandising objected, citing concerns that it would impact the gift shop sales. Heaven forbid that should happen. So it got canned.

Well that was short-sighted of them. I fully intended to knock back a few cold ones and finally break down and by the TOT bellman's bell. As a protest I refuse to buy the bell.:earboy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter