• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tower of Terror 10 Miler 2014

Well I finished my 10k this morning, my time should be a tad better then 1:15:20, hoping for a sub 1:15:00 but overall happy I finished a 10k and quit smoking 3 weeks ago. So now I can focus on training and having fun at my first RunDisney Race.

Fantastic - congrats!!! :woohoo:

Hi guys! Excited to start training for my 2nd TOT run! Does anyone know if you can purchase (preorder) pins if you didn't do it while registering? I'm kicking myself for not just biting the bullet!

I've never ordered the pins before or even bought at expo for that matter. But a post a long time ago someone was saying they ordered them during registration and did not get charged. Well someone said, it just didn't show up but you will be billed. Well, when registering for the Huanted 5K I decided to order one, and it showed up in my order and on my confirmation page, but the total didn't reflect it and it was never charged to my credit card. Sweet!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

I received my confirmation of my submitted proof of time and my expected time is 2:04 which would of put me in corral G last year.

In case it hasn't been said enough, def submit a proof of time, I thought my time wouldn't of made much diff but it's good to jump up a few corrals atleast.

I received my confirmation of my submitted proof of time and my expected time is 2:04 which would of put me in corral G last year.

In case it hasn't been said enough, def submit a proof of time, I thought my time wouldn't of made much diff but it's good to jump up a few corrals atleast.

:thumbsup2

That's interesting. It seems like they basically carried over your pace for the 10K to this race. I thought I had read, or heard on the Mickey Miles Podcast, that they might give you credit for a slower pace assuming the longer race (10 miles compared to 10K) might slow you (all of us) down toward the end.

That is great to jump up a couple of corrals. I am hoping for the same as well. Mine is Sunday and I am getting nervous. I have never run in a race before. It's one thing to do it when you know the area your running and nobody is around you to bump into. I am hoping I don't get in anybody's way or vice versa. I just want to do my best to submit my best time.

On the bright side, according to the weather at the time my race starts it should be cool so that will help a lot.

That's interesting. It seems like they basically carried over your pace for the 10K to this race. I thought I had read, or heard on the Mickey Miles Podcast, that they might give you credit for a slower pace assuming the longer race (10 miles compared to 10K) might slow you (all of us) down toward the end. That is great to jump up a couple of corrals. I am hoping for the same as well. Mine is Sunday and I am getting nervous. I have never run in a race before. It's one thing to do it when you know the area your running and nobody is around you to bump into. I am hoping I don't get in anybody's way or vice versa. I just want to do my best to submit my best time. On the bright side, according to the weather at the time my race starts it should be cool so that will help a lot.

Mine on Monday rained from time to time and I gotta say, it was wonderful lol good luck, you'll do great!

If this is your first race, relax and enjoy it. There is going to be a strong involuntary tendency to start off fast, everyone comes out sprinting from the start, but it's a good way to get out of sorts and tire quickly. Start at a comfortable pace and negative splits are great. You'll run a faster time (depending on the weather) than you think. A race and other runners are great motivators.

Does anyone have the link for last year's corral times handy??

Thanks.

Ignore what I originally posted.... I figured it out... Congrats on finishing your race and getting a time to submit!

Ignore what I originally posted.... I figured it out... Congrats on finishing your race and getting a time to submit!
Thank you, I feel a lot better after, there were not a lot of 10k around her before July, so even though I know I could of done better, I'm just happy it's submitted and I can focus on training and having fun for the actual race.

That's interesting. It seems like they basically carried over your pace for the 10K to this race. I thought I had read, or heard on the Mickey Miles Podcast, that they might give you credit for a slower pace assuming the longer race (10 miles compared to 10K) might slow you (all of us) down toward the end.
I've actually found the opposite to be true - they keep giving me estimated finish times FASTER than what my PoT shows! I submitted a 1:16:23 10K and was given an estimated finish of 2:01:00 last year. Odd, but I happily took it :)

If this is your first race, relax and enjoy it. There is going to be a strong involuntary tendency to start off fast, everyone comes out sprinting from the start, but it's a good way to get out of sorts and tire quickly. Start at a comfortable pace and negative splits are great.

I can't agree more, especially for TOT! This one just has the potential to wreck folks who aren't used to our weather; best bet is to start out at an easy pace and see how you feel after a couple miles. TBH, that's how I approach all long runs over the summer here in FL. Better safe than sorry!

There was someone who asked about what ribbon 2014 ToT medal may have I think about a month ago, someone replied that at EE expo the ribbon was green.

On RunDisneys twitter page, they added a pic from the San Diego Run Rock N Roll expo and I take it they have not unveiled it because it shows last years Stitch ribbon at the RunDisney booth.

There was someone who asked about what ribbon 2014 ToT medal may have I think about a month ago, someone replied that at EE expo the ribbon was green.

On RunDisneys twitter page, they added a pic from the San Diego Run Rock N Roll expo and I take it they have not unveiled it because it shows last years Stitch ribbon at the RunDisney booth.

I saw a pic of that green ribbon for this years TOT 10 miler but I can't seem to find it again.Honestly I can't say I loved the ribbon,I was expecting a dark green and instead it was a lime green ribbon with black stripes,not horrible but not amazing,bright and unique yes.

I saw a pic of that green ribbon for this years TOT 10 miler but I can't seem to find it again.Honestly I can't say I loved the ribbon,I was expecting a dark green and instead it was a lime green ribbon with black stripes,not horrible but not amazing,bright and unique yes.

Is stitch on this ribbon as well?

Is stitch on this ribbon as well?

No offence to Doom1001, I wouldn't take what's said as fact, it could end up being green with a black stripe.but I believe it hasn't been released yet and Doom was prob mistaken. If it had been released RunDisney would most likely have it at the San Diego expo instead of last years. I think they will release it when it's closer. This pic still has last years Wine & Dine as well.

No offence to Doom1001, I wouldn't take what's said as fact, it could end up being green with a black stripe.but I believe it hasn't been released yet and Doom was prob mistaken. If it had been released RunDisney would most likely have it at the San Diego expo instead of last years. I think they will release it when it's closer. This pic still has last years Wine & Dine as well.

I'm 100% certain I saw the 2014 TOT 10 miler with a lime green ribbon with black stripes,somebody else mentioned they saw the medal with a green ribbon and I searched all over the place and found a pic.This was probably at least around a month ago and since then that pic has dissapeared from the internet.Who knows if that's the final design of the ribbon as I've seen pics of the 20th anniversary WDW marathon online with a gray ribbon when it ended up being red.The point is its true it hasn't been officially revealed but trust me that that picture I saw was out there,and it wasn't just me who saw it.I'll keep searching,maybe It'll turn up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter