Tower of Terror 10 Miler 2014

Those were just introduced at this years marathon weekend.

Linda

There were NB shoes last year as well. Both the mens' (Mickey) and womens' (Minnie) versions were stability. 2014 saw the addition of neutral shoes.

NB had a booth at TOT and they were selling the shoes. i didn't go visit because i don't wear stability shoes. i did pick up Cinderella shoes over marathon weekend though.

I definitely plan to run ToT this year,but since I also ran it in 2013 I'm wondering what the likelihood of the medal being the same again this year.I love the medal as it's totally unique but it's essentially been the same since the event started.I'm thinking it can be kept the same or similar but with modifications to make it more unique year to year.

Hi everyone
I'm from Italy and i'm planning to run TOT for the 1st time.
I will be on solo trip and i hope to find a lots of friends.
I'm only a little worried about Florida climate...

Thinking about running (ok, mostly walking) the 10-miler this year. We did the WDW 1/2 last year (my 1 and only 1/2), and the atmosphere was amazing! Hoping we can work our schedules to get off this week, and that Disney cooperates with great discounts (Praying for Free Dining)! :rotfl: Wish this awful winter would hurry up and get over with so I can get outside!!!

I just noticed today on my DVC online account that they now have a link for early registration for members starting tomorrow at noon EST!

They still haven't updated host resorts on the rundisney site. :(

Do you think they will have them updated tomorrow? Since the DVC owner early registration starts then? Any DVC owners able to see? Thanks!

They still haven't updated host resorts on the rundisney site. :(

Do you think they will have them updated tomorrow? Since the DVC owner early registration starts then? Any DVC owners able to see? Thanks!

I noticed that too. I hope that they will update it but I'm not very optimistic. It looks like the website hasn't been updated for the host resorts for Expedition Everest either, unless they are using the same resorts as in 2013.

As a DVC member, we own points at BLT but there is pretty much a 0% chance that the Contemporary will be a host resort, so we will be looking to switch our reservation at the 7 month window. If we go off of last year's host resorts, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Wilderness Lodge, Old Key West or Saratoga Springs will work (the last two would be easier to get reservations at for DVC members or if you want to rent points from a member).

Even if you're not staying at a host resort, transportation won't be too much of a problem. We stayed at BLT for Wine and Dine two years ago and were able to get an event bus from Epcot to WWOS for the start and we just took a cab back to our hotel after the race. It was only $15 for the cab and it was a lot faster than a bus anyway.

I've never done the TOT race so I don't know if there is a bus from Epcot to WWOS for this one, but if there isn't, you can just take a bus from any park or DTD to one of the host resorts and hop on the event bus there.

I noticed that too. I hope that they will update it but I'm not very optimistic. It looks like the website hasn't been updated for the host resorts for Expedition Everest either, unless they are using the same resorts as in 2013.

I thought that was the case, too. Under Disney's Travel tab, Everest isn't updated (still says 2013); but under the "Transportation" tab on the Everest web page, they do list host resorts for 2014. They are the same as they were for 2013.

So, hoping they keep the same for ToT, too, as I already booked at the Polynesian. Though, I'm not changing, I'll take a cab if they change the host resorts, I want to stay at the Poly finally!

Need to book Wine & Dine, soon. I, too, wish they would update with better information for both ToT and W&D since those registrations open up this month.

I've seen online that early registration for passholders opens today, but have seen nothing on Disney's site about this. Has anyone seen a link or info online about this?

EDIT: never mind, it worked in a different browser

Just registered my husband through the passholder link. (I deferred from last year.) Did not have any problems. Got the Disney Visa discount by using code "4266", which is the same as it was last year, except those of us signing up early didn't know that.

Try it now, it worked for me!

it actually still isn't working for me but i called rundisney and gave them "the secret code" and the guy read off the link address for me....which was like a billion characters long ;)

anywho, all registered. will be running 10 disney miles on my birthday! what's better than that??

I should be able to register at the end of the month right? It shouldn't fill up in 3 weeks

Just registered my husband through the passholder link. (I deferred from last year.) Did not have any problems. Got the Disney Visa discount by using code "4266", which is the same as it was last year, except those of us signing up early didn't know that.

I've had a Disney Visa since 2004--I didn't know we got discounts for race registration? Thanks for the code! :)

In for the 10 miler - just need to monitor to see when the cross country race entry opens...

Question about being "perfect" for this race..I know a few years ago, there was a Tower of Terror 13k. I'm not sure how many years there was between that and the Tower of Terror 10 miler. But to be considered perfect, do you think you have to have run all the 13ks too, or did they start over in 2012 when it became the 10 miler?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter