Towels...

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by TiggerBouncy, Apr 8, 2013.

1. TiggerBouncy

TiggerBouncy Mouseketeer

It's our second cruise, but I can't remember from the first time.

Do they (the ship) provide towels during shore excursions? Or do they mind if we bring ship towels with us from the pool or something? I know there are towels in castaway cay, but we are going to a beach excursion at St Thomas. Just want to know if I have to bring towels, or if we can use theirs to cut down baggage space.

We leave in two weeks!!! :banana::banana::banana:

2. MND

MND DIS Veteran

DCL will let you take their towels off the ship. They ask in the Navigators that you bring them back. We just got off the Fantasy on Saturday and we took towels off the ship for Grand Cayman, Cozumel, and Costa Maya. You are right that they hand out towels as you enter Castaway Cay.

Mike

3. woody73

woody73 <font color=darkorange>Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen<br><

You are welcome to use pool towels.

Woody

4. Lisa Lisa

Lisa Lisa DIS Veteran

DCL is very generous with their towels, as others have noted. We make a point to always take them back to the ship, no matter what. We did an excursion in St. Thomas that involved a catamaran ride to St. John. I ended up swimming from the beach to the boat with 3 DCL towels around my neck, and then transported the wet towels on the return catamaran ride and open-air taxi ride back to port. Someone asked the captain on the catamaran how many DCL towels they end up with every week, and he said "LOTS." I would hate for DCL to start checking towels in and out and charging for missing towels like RCCL does!