Towels question

Carol Ann

Mouseketeer
We are experienced campers - but our trip to the fort is our first to Florida in our pop-up. I have what may seem like a silly question - how do y'all manage your towels while at Disney. Usually when camping at a swimming destination I bring a swim towel and a shower towel for each member of the family and dry the towels on the line between uses. I am very worried about this working at Disney given the common afternoon thunderstorms...will the towels dry? Should I take twice as many towels and just plan on usin the dryers at the comfort station? How do you manage ??

I am also interested in the suggestions for this as well! I normally do the same as you, one shower & one pool/beach towel each. Since we may not be at the site during afternoon storms to take stuff off the line, what does everyone do?

We have a couple shower curtain rods we put up in the hall of our camper and dry the towels. A wooden rack might work too.

We keep the bath towels in the coach hanging in the bathroom on hooks and over the shower door and the pool towels stay outside to try. We try to keep them somewhere under the awning, but they usually get wet. I wash towels @ every 2-3 days and we keep @ 1 1/2 bath and 1 beach towel per person.

I had a huge problem keeping towels dry at the fort in June. There are 3 of us and I bring 2-3 towels apiece ( can't stand to reuse a damp towel) I still end up washing midway thru the trip. plan for the worst, expect the best with the thunderstorms @ the fort in the summer

We have this: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80242892/

And we move it to under the awning or ez-up when rain is expected. Nice to have it portable.

There are only 3 of us, and we use one beach and one bath towel each. Now that we have a bigger camper, the bath towels go on a towel rack inside just like at home.

Great idea for the drying rack!:thumbsup2 I'm putting it on my list! We are tent camping and can easily put in kitchen tent when we leave for the parks!

Great idea for the drying rack!:thumbsup2 I'm putting it on my list! We are tent camping and can easily put in kitchen tent when we leave for the parks!

Yay! Another tent camper in August! :yay: :)

The whole towel thing will be a challenge but the upside is that The Fort has laundry facilities whereas campgrounds I'm used to staying in do not. I figure worse case scenario I go throw some towels in the dryer if I have to. :thumbsup2

I was given a good tip during my first trip to the fort. We were in the laundry room. I had been there for a while and my towels still weren't dry. She made the suggestion of buying thin towels. I bought some inexpensive thin towels (still soft ). This has made a bid difference. They dry much faster.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter