Towel baby Couple and teddy Bear lady

Sounds like Disney Cast Member Performers to me. They do the strangest things in the strangest places........Like the street performers at Disney Studios.

I don't know anything about the towell baby couple, but I do know about the Teddy Bear lady. Her name is Lynn and she and her husband would come to the GF in the afternoons to listen to the piano and ochestra. Her husband passed away just before Christmas. She still comes to GF by herself. She has 4 daughters who don't see her very often. I've spoken to her. She's a little eccentric, but very nice. Kind of sad, really.

:rotfl2:
We saw them a few times, and I swear the next time I saw her, the towel was bigger. We were wondering if it keeps getting bigger like a real baby. Did it start off as a wash cloth, then a hand towel, then a bath towel?:lmao:

I've never seen them, but your post really made me laugh. Thanks!:rotfl:

I don't know anything about the towel baby, but I rode EE sitting next to the yeti man. He showed me a hidden Mickey, talked about the ride, and when the ride was over, he gave me a T-shirt. I thought he was giving out a Disney T shirt, so I thanked him, and walked off the ride. When I actually looked at the shirt, I saw it had a big mountain background and said "Yeti-man.com" and "I rode with the yeti man!" Cracked me up! :rotfl2:

The towel baby story makes me sad-I feel bad for that couple. :sad1:

I haven't met any of them in person, but I have visited the website of the tattoo guy a couple of times. His house is SO Disney... the only thing he still needs is a monorail running around it!

A couple of years ago, when Beauty and the Beast was re-released in IMAX-format, I went to see it. In the theater was a woman, middle-aged, and she had bought two tickets. One for her, and on the other seat were about a dozen of dolls, all dressed like Belle. While waiting for the movie to start, she talked to the dolls, brushed their hair, ...
Really weird.

ETA: The last time I visited Disneyland, I had been reading/ posting on another Disney-related message board. Lits of people there lived near DL and meet there regularly, and I said I was also coming to the meeting that was going on while I was there. So, comes the day/ time the meeting is planned, and I go to the "meeting point", and when I saw those people, I turned around and went away. Some of them were SO freaky Disney-fans, so over the top, I was kind of embarassed to be seen with them.
To me, there are limits to how much "fan" one can be, and they were crossing those limits by far.

I don't know anything about the towell baby couple, but I do know about the Teddy Bear lady. Her name is Lynn and she and her husband would come to the GF in the afternoons to listen to the piano and ochestra. Her husband passed away just before Christmas. She still comes to GF by herself. She has 4 daughters who don't see her very often. I've spoken to her. She's a little eccentric, but very nice. Kind of sad, really.

I was just there in October and her husband was with her. Thats a shame.

To surprise you, I work at Publix part time and there is an elderly woman I work with who takes the free balloons home all the time. She has at any moment 100 or so. She cuddles with the ones at work and calls them her babies. It's kinda cute.

I have senn the towel baby people many times at the GF and once at the park MGM also the teddy bear lady all the time at the GF I saw her husband in sept or oct with her that is sad. also i think I saw the tatoo man at the poly pool a man with disney tatoos all over him
maria

I don't know about the towel baby OR the teddy bear lady, but I think that the guy who's ridden EE 1245 times is AWESOME!!! Hmmm...can I beat his record for the Tomorrowland Transit Authority???

ETA: The last time I visited Disneyland, I had been reading/ posting on another Disney-related message board. Lits of people there lived near DL and meet there regularly, and I said I was also coming to the meeting that was going on while I was there. So, comes the day/ time the meeting is planned, and I go to the "meeting point", and when I saw those people, I turned around and went away. Some of them were SO freaky Disney-fans, so over the top, I was kind of embarassed to be seen with them.
To me, there are limits to how much "fan" one can be, and they were crossing those limits by far.

Do tell, please.

Oh my.. this couple sounds interesting! I would love to see this. Do they really believe its their baby?

Do you think they take character pictures with it?

Oh my.. this couple sounds interesting! I would love to see this. Do they really believe its their baby?

Do you think they take character pictures with it?

I know they did at CRT.

It sounds like two pscychiatric hospitals are missing some patients.
:rotfl:

I really shouldn't make light of this because I know that mental disorders are a very serious subject matter. If anyone wishes to learn more about them then please take a Abnormal Psychology class at your local community college.

THe Tattoo man was at the HDDR the night we went back in August. I din't approach him as I wasn't sure if he was ok with that. Anyway he was allowed in early to the show ahead of all the other guests...

Do tell, please.

:)I'm not going to tell, there might be people on the DIs who act/ dress/ whatever the same way and might get offended...
But if EVERY piece of clothing is completely covered in Disney, you wear 10+ pounds of pins on you and you wear the most clownish hat, in order to put 3+ pounds pins on that, you might come close...

It's possible it are nice people, but it was way over the top and I would have been embarassed to be seen with them :(

I saw what I would describe as a goat-man in Frontierland last year. Its hard to describe what this guy looked like. I guess I would have to say that he looked a lot like Lucy's friend in Narnia. Anyway, I only saw him for a moment, and didn't want to be rude and take pictures. The guy gave me the willies just to look at him.

I wondered if it was a disease, and don't want to offend anybody, but it was really strange!

Towel babies and teddy bears?

Two words...Baker Act.

On second thought perhaps I will blame every WDW faux paus on Towel Baby. That smell in the elevator...musta been Towel Baby. Flash photos being taken in a dark ride....you guessed it, Towel Baby.

Towel Baby is a very unique couple, although I have not seen them, I have heard plenty of stories on my entertainment CPs. The way I always heard it, both of the people have some kind of mental challenge (possibly mental retardation). They lost a child in infancy, and now they carry the towel baby around. They want the CMs to treat the child as real and get upset when they don't. For the most part they are harmless.

I have not heard of Tattoo Guy or Yeti Man. My "favorite" by far is Linda Skywalker (although I hear these days she likes to be known as Linda Effron.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter