• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tournament of Kings Dinner Show @ Excalibur?

rszdtrvl

DIS Veteran
We are going in January, and I think this would be fun for DH and I.

Has anyone been to it? What was your thoughts?

Thanks!

We are going in January, and I think this would be fun for DH and I.

Has anyone been to it? What was your thoughts?

Thanks!

We haven't done it yet, but plan on doing it next month - hopefully it's fun :thumbsup2

It's very similar to Medieval Times - there are "knights" on horseback with jousting, a king character, Merlin, etc. with live music. It includes dinner that's a Cornish game hen with potato wedges and vegetables. DS10 celebrated his 9th birthday there. I thought there would be more kids that night; it was the 3rd time we've seen it but there were some families, mostly adults; and even a few who were dressed in Renaissance Fair attire. Some of the knights were outside the showroom for photos after the show. The showroom is on the Fantasy Fair level of the Excalibur where the arcade games are. Hold onto your wallet if you are a sucker for plush toys!!

We went maybe 3-5 years ago and had a lot of fun. You are seated in different color sections and root for your knight to win. (Black section roots for Black Knight, white section for White Knight, etc..)

Food was okay but as with Medieval Times, they don't provide utensils...everything is eaten with your hands. I would recommend sneaking in some plastic flatware from the snack bar, especially a spoon for the tomato soup. Maybe some straws too.

Check around for discounts. You might be able to get twofers available for same day.

Have fun! Steve

Thanks!

I found a Las Vegas 2009 guide and read the description to DH. He said "Yes, definitely" to the show.

So that is super cool.

:)

Thanks everyone!!

I've done this dinner/show 3 times. I've always enjoyed the show, and for the price it's a really good deal. Being dinner is included. Yes, you eat with your hands. If you don't want to eat with your hands, you can always ask the wait staff for utensils. DMIL did this when we went one time. I told her, part of the fun is eating with your hands. I highly recommend this show. Its definitely a change of pace from all the Cirque shows that seem to be popping up in Vegas now.

We just did this last weekend and we enjoyed it:thumbsup2 It is very similar to Medieval Times, but a bit shorter. The food was pretty good - tomato soup to start, then Cornish game hen, roasted red potatoes, broccoli, and a biscuit, and an apple turnover for dessert. The drinks that come with the meal are Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, or Sierra Mist. If you want anything else, you have to pay for it.

It's great fun to cheer on your knight (each section is a different country and one "evil" one). I forgot the one golden rule for Vegas shows - don't sit in the front row if you don't want to be part of the show :eek: Nothing too bad, I just don't like being the center of attention and having a spotlight on you tends to make you just that :upsidedow

Have fun and hopefully you can find a deal. If you are staying at the Luxor or Excalibur, you should get a coupon book with $10 off each ticket when you check in. I didn't know this and paid before we came, so no discount for me..... but it was still a decent price for dinner and a show.

Thanks!

We are staying at Excalibur, so the coupon book is a good thing! Thanks for that tip.

We are also considering seeing Carrot Top (he performs in that area too - one of "those 3" hotels).

Thanks!

We are staying at Excalibur, so the coupon book is a good thing! Thanks for that tip.

We are also considering seeing Carrot Top (he performs in that area too - one of "those 3" hotels).

They also have a see two shows for $75 per person, which is a good deal. Carrot Top and Tournament of Kings are both part of that. If it's still available when you go in January, it might save some cash doing it that way :thumbsup2

We got our tickets at the Half Price Kiosks, and I'm glad that we did. I would not pay full price for the show. It was hard for me to get into it. I asked the waiter what soup I was eating, and he said it was Dragon's blood :rolleyes: I know it's part of the act an all, but just say it's tomato soup!

I was impressed by the actual knights though-they do a lot of stunts, falling off horses, etc. As a bonus some of the knights were HOT-that fact alone made it enjoyable for me to watch the show!

As expected the food was horrible, except for the "dragon's blood" soup.

Havng said all of that this show is 1,000 times better than Criss Angel's show at the Luxor. I would avoid Angel at all costs-he's easily the worst show in on the Strip.

I've done this show a while ago and the best part was the kids were entertained throughout the whole show and they loved the idea of eating with their fingers. Not much fun for us but the main thing were the kids loved it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter