Touringplans Line App and touring plans

We will be there in August. This week I purchased a subscription for WDW and Universal. I have been enjoying playing around and making different plans. I have never used any kind of touring plan, but I am hoping it makes our days run smoothly considering how hot it will be during our trip. We have never gone in the summer, and frankly, I am kind of nervous about the heat and humidity, especially after our winter here in MA. We are so excited to be going back after ten long years, so I am sure it will be fantastic regardless of the weather!! :)
From CT and also going in August! Purchased TP last week and mapping out our plans this weekend! Can't wait, 7 days at Disney and 4 at Universal!

I have used TP for the last 8 years they are outstanding. I also use the Lines App. All the plans you create appear on both. I have read some comments on here about plans not incorporating FPP. That happens when the FPP you have chosen will lose you time and not save it for you :) It's not the software not working. I now tend to use the personalised plans. I choose my attractions and load in meal times and park start and finish times. I then choose FPP based on their suggestions. I find it tends to work better if I put in FPP one at a time and optimise after each time. Bit of a pain but seems to get better results that way. Has worked well for me twice now but was better the second time. To be fair FPP was only a feature of their plans for a few weeks before I first used it and I don't think they had sufficient data in their system. It's exceptionally cheap for what you get IMO. Has saved me days of queuing over the years for the price of a QS meal. Read the whole of their home page to the bottom to find a discount code.

I have used TP for the last 8 years they are outstanding. I also use the Lines App. All the plans you create appear on both. I have read some comments on here about plans not incorporating FPP. That happens when the FPP you have chosen will lose you time and not save it for you :) It's not the software not working. I now tend to use the personalised plans. I choose my attractions and load in meal times and park start and finish times. I then choose FPP based on their suggestions. I find it tends to work better if I put in FPP one at a time and optimise after each time. Bit of a pain but seems to get better results that way. Has worked well for me twice now but was better the second time. To be fair FPP was only a feature of their plans for a few weeks before I first used it and I don't think they had sufficient data in their system. It's exceptionally cheap for what you get IMO. Has saved me days of queuing over the years for the price of a QS meal. Read the whole of their home page to the bottom to find a discount code.

This was such a helpful review. Thank you! I chose all my park days based off of easy wdw.com. I am thinking of buying the lines app to customize my touring plans for specific days. How far out does the lines out let you plan for? My trip is at the end of September.

This was such a helpful review. Thank you! I chose all my park days based off of easy wdw.com. I am thinking of buying the lines app to customize my touring plans for specific days. How far out does the lines out let you plan for? My trip is at the end of September.

It lets you plan a year out I think. I tend to take a day at a weekend a couple of weeks before I can book my FPP to crate the plans so the sites data can be relied upon to be as up to date and accurate as possible, but I make a few dummy and before that as you definitely need to play with the personalised plans bit to get your head around it, or at least I do anyway!!!! There is a blog post on the TP site about making personalised plans which I found a bit complicated to understand but it helped me after I read it a couple of times. Set your subscription up online then get the Lines app downloaded and in your phone. I then make the plans on line. They will be there if you press the plans tab on Lines in a section called personalised plans. Also set up the My Trip part of the TP website to get it working for you most effectively. It is a few hours work but very much worth it. I also suggest you read the articles on the TP website about how their touring plans work as I find that background knowledge really helpful too. Happy planning :)

What great information! I also spent a lot of time doing background research and read a lot of information on the Blog. Having a plan is the best bit of advice. Disney during Spring Break is not the place to go if you want to get up, have a relaxing breakfast and then talk about what you are going to do that day. :sad2: I used some of the planning options and then customized them based on the rides and attractions we wanted. We were at the parks each day before rope drop and then followed our plan! Most of the time we were ahead of schedule. I loaded Lines on my tablet and then checked it periodically in the parks to check for updated wait times. If an attraction had a short wait time, and was close to where we were, we added it to our plan! I found Lines to be very accurate. Lines will also tell you if you should ride now or wait as wait times will be going down shortly. :mickeybar Spend some time planning now.... and then go and enjoy!pixiedust:

Is a subscription worth it for only two days in the parks? We usually just use the selective plan in the back of the book, but were thinking of getting a subscription simply because we will be traveling so close to July 4th.

Is a subscription worth it for only two days in the parks? We usually just use the selective plan in the back of the book, but were thinking of getting a subscription simply because we will be traveling so close to July 4th.
The Lines App for WDW is $12.95. And if you have this years book from their site you get 30% off. If you have a different year you can get 20% off the App by going to the Touring Plans web site and scrolling to the bottom of the page to get the discount code. So you would be paying $10.36 (at 20% discount) or $9.06 (at 30% discount) and then I assume there are taxes added to it. So at 5 or 6 dollars per day (for 2 days) I would assume it would be worth it as long as the information is accurate and the App works well in the parks. Now this is the first year that I will be trying the App, so I hope it works well. And if all else fails it has been fun playing around with the Apps for both Universal and WDW.

If you haven't done so already, you may want to see what other people have said about the App who have used the App.

Thanks for the tips!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter