• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

touringplans changed the crowd numbers for our dates

The website link has been banned by DIS for violations of their posting policy. You can find it by typing in touring plans dot com into your browser. They give free data for one month in advance and paid data up to a year in advance.

I read all the posts in this thread and while I am not a big fan of the UG people or book, this daily rating is one resource I do find valuable despite what the OP and a few other posters happen to think. In the end though I place even more value on TGM's best days. More up-to-date and he takes into account more subtle details IMO. And not found elsewhere for free.

Where did I say I don't find it valuable? :confused3

Where did I say I don't find it valuable? :confused3
Sorry, my bad. I have read the posts in this thread over the last few days and could not remember eactly who said what. I did remember you/OP not being happy that TP upped their numbers. At least one other poster definitely said the various paid sites have little or no value and others questioned TP's methods, capabilities and competency. I lumped you in with them without re-reading all the posts. :o

IMO the crowd level numbers are only a reference for what one might expect. Unfortunately they only represent the approximate wait time for the three big attractions at the MK. It would be nice if you had an idea what sort of crowds to expect at the other parks.

punkin: you can add park hopping to your tickets after you use them, but it is the same cost

those who are offsite, you could always take an afternoon break at Polynesian, eat at Kona, or outside near the pool (from the food court) the lobby and grounds are so relaxing and it is such a quick trip on the monorail, just an idea ;)

we will be there the same time Mar 25-28, but my kids won't ride the big rides, so I'm not too worried, my son's favorite thing right now is Kim Possible in Epcot :confused3

Happy panning! :woohoo:

punkin: you can add park hopping to your tickets after you use them, but it is the same cost Thanks. I only needed one more ticket and since my other tickets are hoppers, I decided to go for the hopper

those who are offsite, you could always take an afternoon break at Polynesian, eat at Kona, or outside near the pool (from the food court) the lobby and grounds are so relaxing and it is such a quick trip on the monorail, just an idea ;) We always do that. Kona is great. The only problem I have during this particular week is that it is very possible MK will close due to capacity. I would not want to be outside the park in that case. I was going to book a sit down lunch inside the park instead.

we will be there the same time Mar 25-28, but my kids won't ride the big rides, so I'm not too worried, my son's favorite thing right now is Kim Possible in Epcot :confused3

Happy panning! :woohoo:

Happy planning to you too. We'll be coming as you are leaving.

I keep reading all the posts on the crowd numbers from these touring plans changing during your vacation. If you are booked for that time, why does it matter? Unless you are going to change your dates based off of these numbers, I am not sure why all of the concern.

I guess we are ones who go and not worry about what people think the crowds will be and just enjoy ourselves. The numbers are a guess and nothing more. Yes, it is based off historical numbers, but we have gone at times that we were told were nutso (July 4th - many times) and always enjoyed ourselves and have never thought we did not get to do what we wanted to do.

Sorry, but I cannot see why one would stress over a crowd level number. Have a plan, be flexible and the vacation will be good. :wizard:

Sorry, but I cannot see why one would stress over a crowd level number. Have a plan, be flexible and the vacation will be good. :wizard:

My plans depend on crowd levels. If I anticipate a park closing, I will have a different plan than if I anticipate moderate crowds.

I keep reading all the posts on the crowd numbers from these touring plans changing during your vacation. If you are booked for that time, why does it matter? Unless you are going to change your dates based off of these numbers, I am not sure why all of the concern.

I guess we are ones who go and not worry about what people think the crowds will be and just enjoy ourselves. The numbers are a guess and nothing more. Yes, it is based off historical numbers, but we have gone at times that we were told were nutso (July 4th - many times) and always enjoyed ourselves and have never thought we did not get to do what we wanted to do.

Most people won't change the DATES of their trip but the will change how the tour the parks. Of course if the TourPlans website shows an increase for all the days of your trip you are just up the creek!:confused3

My plans depend on crowd levels. If I anticipate a park closing, I will have a different plan than if I anticipate moderate crowds.

Thanks. I guess that never crossed my mind. We just go with the flow these days, tired of the commando travels.

I've been patiently checking the wait times for rides and they were fine, up until today. There was a MARKED increase in crowds starting today. To the previous poster who wondered why it matters, well how you tour the parks changes DRAMATICALLY with higher crowds. It is more important to get up early & hit rope drop, use FP, etc.

For all of you wondering, wait times today were (Note today was predicted to be a 7):

MK (peak-preferred park today)
Buzz 60 mins
BTM 120 mins
Barnstormer 45 mins
Dumbo 55 mins
Space 120 mins FP gone by 4pm
Peter Pan 90 mins

Epcot:
Mission Space 90 mins FP gone by 6pm
Soarin 120 mins FP gone by 3pm
Test Track 140 mins FP gone by 3pm

DHS:
RNRC 100 mins FP gone by 3:30pm
TOT 75 mins FP gone by 7pm
TSM 100 mins FP gone by 1:30

AK:
EE 95 mins FP gone by 2pm
Dinosaur 50 mins FP gone by 6pm
Safaris 60 mins FP gone by 5:30
KRR 80 mins FP gone by 7pm

This gives you an idea that the FP strategy is of utmost importance.

:goodvibes

The touringplan numbers for our trip (first week of June) recently changed from 6s, 7s, and 8s to all 8s. I sometimes find that the UG crowd estimates often contradict other indicators I find. For example, we were planning to be in Disney this week (our spring break), but changed it to June when the kids get out of school because our first hotel choices (Swan and Dolphin) were completely booked (not one single room) when I called several months ago! Then we learned the rates at our second choice hotel (DTD Doubletree) were more than DOUBLE for this week in March, as opposed to our chosen week in June. However the UG crowd estimate for this week is all 7s, and now all 8s for June.

I'll be waving to both of you. We'll be in the white minivan with 3 girls. :wave2:

If you see someone in a red Honda Pilot waving, that would be me!!! :)

We will be in a red Toyota Corolla...don't worry, mine had no recalls, it was built in Japan;)

We were staying off site because we have seven plus nights for free because of my husband traveling so much, but with as crazy as the parks are going to be, I would rather be onsite!:rotfl:

POP looks like so much fun and it was 25 percent off, so I can't complain.
Once you stay onsite, it's hard too stay offsite!:rotfl::rotfl: Even if it it free! I totally understand!
I'm glad your car wasn't recalled.

Yep, we'll be driving down, too! Safe trip to you, too. :goodvibes

We're planning to try to make rope drop as many mornings as we can, and just sort of go with controlled expectations -- we weren't planning to spend a lot of time on the headliners anyway, since we'll be taking our 14-month-old for the first time. I'm calling this our "Soak up the sights, enjoy the weather, and find the play areas" trip!

Thanks!
We don't ever hardly make rope drop, but we do usually get there by 9-9:30 or so. Enjoy your first trip with your daughter.:lovestruc Take lots of pictures and take it all in! DS was almost 3 the first time he went and it was a blast. Going with little ones is way different than an adults only trip. Have fun! The baby care centers are a nice place to take a break and refresh.

I will crack the whip over my troops and WE WILL MAKE Rope Drop. ;)

I think it is a little harder if you are staying off site when the crows are expected to be horrible, but we will deal with it.

Just checked our dates they also went up. March 26 to April 3 good thing were early risers and I know about FP. This will be our first trip!!:yay::yay:

We're tied to our parks because of dining so I don't know if we are doing any of the recommended best parks and no hoppping tickets

The touringplan numbers for our trip (first week of June) recently changed from 6s, 7s, and 8s to all 8s. I sometimes find that the UG crowd estimates often contradict other indicators I find. For example, we were planning to be in Disney this week (our spring break), but changed it to June when the kids get out of school because our first hotel choices (Swan and Dolphin) were completely booked (not one single room) when I called several months ago! Then we learned the rates at our second choice hotel (DTD Doubletree) were more than DOUBLE for this week in March, as opposed to our chosen week in June. However the UG crowd estimate for this week is all 7s, and now all 8s for June.

We have been going this week for several years and it was always in the 8's. We have always found it manageable compared to our Thanksgiving week trips.

Just checked our dates they also went up. March 26 to April 3 good thing were early risers and I know about FP. This will be our first trip!!:yay::yay:

We're tied to our parks because of dining so I don't know if we are doing any of the recommended best parks and no hoppping tickets

I hear you. We too are tied to parks/days based on two character breakfast ADRs (made 1/1/10, like an idiot) that we can't move (nothing's left) and don't want to cancel (this is how our kids see charaters each trip - we don't wait in lines at the parks). Our week is 3/27 - 4/3 as well. I have never been at a peak time and am definitely apprehensive about parks closing, but we have hoppers and are onsite, so there will be backup plans, just don't know what they are yet.

Anyone downloaded and used the iphone app successfully? Where did the wait time info listed previously come from? I just used TGM last week and am not sure if i've made myself more neurotic or if the inside info will be to our benefit. Any thoughts about EMH? TGM is generally not for using them, but i've read plenty of people here who swear by them during peak times. My previous experiences (yea EMH, yea character dining a.m., yea nap/pool breaks in the middle of the day) feel worthless in planning for this b/c though every trip has been awesome, even with young babies/kids in the mix, none have been during summer or spring break.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter