• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Touring the MK Monorail Resorts

Tltorrez

DIS Veteran
On our last day we have dinner ressies at California Grill so we're thinking about taking the monorail over (from BWV thru Epcot) and touring the MK resorts. Besides just generally wandering through each one, anything special we should check out - lite food, drinks, decor, kids stuff, shopping, special features? This will be Feb 5 so no holiday decorations.

We don't have anything else planned that day (yet!) How long should we allow for this endeavor? Thanks.

We always take a couple of hours to wander the Monorail resorts. We like to poke around in the shops and walk the grounds of Poly and GF. I really like the gallery at Poly and DD16 always enjoys shopping at the Contemporary stores. Have a good time. If you finish at Poly, you can walk over to the TTC and catch the monorail back to Epcot for your walk back to BWV.

Thanks for the suggestions.

We have late ressies during Wishes. So we'll eat and see the fireworks. Then if we're not totally exhausted we'll watch the electric boat parade and then cab back to BWV. The perfect ending to our trip. :wizard:

I love touring the monorail resorts!

But be aware that it's a long walk from BWV to the monorail station at Epcot. You have to walk all the way through Epcot from the back entrance to the main entrance.

I'm not sure how old your children are, but there are some great activities at the GF for children. My niece has done them all at one point or another and had a blast.

Grand Adventures in Cooking (not sure if this is still running)
Wonderland Tea Party
Pirate Adventure
My Disney Girl's Perfectly Princess Tea Party

We do the Monorail Resort Tour on our 'no park' days.

At the Grand Floridian check out Basin White and the nice clothing stores; my niece likes to watch the vintage cartoons on the miniature furniture; check out the hidden characters in the marble floors; listen to the piano player or band.

At the Poly, there is a cool art store (pricey for my pocketbook, but beautiful pieces), find the hidden Mickey on the lobby floor; nice shops.

We stayed at the Contemporary last week. It's fun to sit in the canyon and watch the monorails go through; nice grounds.

Enjoy your tour!

I'm not sure how old your children are, but there are some great activities at the GF for children. My niece has done them all at one point or another and had a blast.

Grand Adventures in Cooking (not sure if this is still running)
Wonderland Tea Party
Pirate Adventure
My Disney Girl's Perfectly Princess Tea Party

Looks like the Grand Adventures in Cooking is discontinued. Too bad. My son is 8 and he would've loved that.

Personally, I would like the Wonderland Tea Party but I think the rest of the family would not be amused. ;) My son keeps reminding me that boys don't like Princesses.

Looks like the Grand Adventures in Cooking is discontinued. Too bad. My son is 8 and he would've loved that.

Personally, I would like the Wonderland Tea Party but I think the rest of the family would not be amused. ;) My son keeps reminding me that boys don't like Princesses.

Actually, the Wonderland Tea Party is Alice and Mad Hatter. When my niece went, they had a blast and actually were encouraged to throw grapes at the MD. Now I'm not saying this is true now, but it was then. Also the Pirate cruise is awesome. They wear life vests and get on a boat to find treasure. She was one of 3 girls on that adventure and still had a wonderful time. These activities aren't all that expensive either and you can have some adult time just relaxing or at the spa(what we always did).

WHAT a great idea......we'll be there, grown ups only, this spring and that's a fantastic way to spend the afternoon/evening!!! For those that have done this, can you guys suggest a tour plan.....I'm not sure which to do first, location, etc......IF it matters at all we'll be at POP. Thanks and Happy Magical New Year

bumping....ANYONE have any ideas/suggestions as to where to start, which order, etc??

I don't think it particularly matters in what order you do the resorts. Maybe pick the one at which you want to end and then start at the one that's two away. For example, we typically end at Contemporary because we'll have a late dinner at Cali Grill. So, we start at Poly and then take the resort monorail to GF, then to Contempory.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter