• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Touring Plans

MomofTwinPrincesses

Mouseketeer
I was working on a customized touring plan and it's telling me that none of the rides will have more than a 10 minutes wait. It's also not sending me first to any of the mountains, Merida or other things that I have read here that you need to do first. How reliable are these touring plans. An example is, it has me showing up at Splash Mountain at 9:50 a.m. and it says there will be a 0 minute wait.

We will be there the week beginning September 22. Are crowds really going to be that low?

I got married at Disney that same week in September several years ago and I can tell you that is was the perfect time to go to WDW as we had little to no wait on any attraction ( except for Mission Space because it was new at the time) Generally crowds are lower at that time. I guess they can never predict what the crowds will be like, they are just guessing based on what they were like at that time the previous year.

An example is, it has me showing up at Splash Mountain at 9:50 a.m. and it says there will be a 0 minute wait.

We will be there the week beginning September 22. Are crowds really going to be that low?

It is only during the peak times Splash has a wait early.

Yes. Crowd levels are 4s down to 2s that week.

I'm going Sept 15- 21. Seven of my ten past trips have been in September. The crowds are minimal. The only ride that really gets crazy is TSM. I have had times where we got the end of space mountain, and because there was no line, they just told us to stay seated if we wanted and we could go again.

Have fun!!!

I read about low crowds, low crowds when I booked a Sept trip two years ago. I ditched my well-oiled touring plans: we normally go at HIGH crowd times and it's like a military mission to get things done ahead of the crowd curve. I was looking forward to a slow-paced, go-with-the-flow week.

Yeah... not how it turned out. IME, it was not "can't breathe on Main St" crowded, but there were definitely still waits for rides. We ended up in the snarl and waiting MORE than we do during high season. All of which to say... I would start with a touring plan, then if you don't need it, ditch it.

That wait on Splash might be right. Not many people like to get soaked at 9am. :)

I was working on a customized touring plan and it's telling me that none of the rides will have more than a 10 minutes wait. It's also not sending me first to any of the mountains, Merida or other things that I have read here that you need to do first. How reliable are these touring plans. An example is, it has me showing up at Splash Mountain at 9:50 a.m. and it says there will be a 0 minute wait.

What I did was put in the order I wanted to go than hit evaluate and it told me the times I'd get to each ride at a relaxed walking place. I didn't use it for a hard guide just to make sure I could fit everything in but there a few headliners in MK so you have to hit your favorite first and take advantage of fastpass when possible for the others.

But generally lines are pretty low. I've been just randomly checking apps for wait times during the day and they do seem insanely low. Toy Story was at 35 yesterday at 1:00!!! That's crazy low for that ride.

And ill be there that week!! :) see ya there!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter