Touring Plans vs TGM vs Easy WDW?

lillygator

DIS Veteran
We are headed to Disney 8/10 to 8/17 and all 3 seem to have different daily suggestions.......

We are headed to Disney 8/10 to 8/17 and all 3 seem to have different daily suggestions.......

Pick any one not called TGM and you'll be fine. Don't try to make sense of the different predictions.

I'm going the 11th-17th and after a ton of research (looking at several crowd calenders and such) this is what we are doing....

11th - Fly in and land at 5pm - Get to hotel and then head to MK (we don't plan on doing much, but enjoying the sites. If lines arent bad we will hop on some rides.)

12th - EPCOT

13th - DHS / finish EPCOT if needed

14th - MK

15th - AK / DTD

16th - Keys to the Kingdom Tour, then finish or redo any thing we want. :)

17th - Fly home waay to early in the AM

:) Hope this helped.

I had us:
8/10 - drive over, check in, head to DTD for lunch at Trex, hit th pool and then dinner at BOG
8/11 MK until lunch
8/12 HS
8/13 AK
8/14 EP
8/15 afternoon EP
8/16 ??
8/17 AK on our way home

I just joined TP yesterday, but they don't seem to offer an explanation as to why they choose which park....

I use easywdw for my park days and tp to customize our ride plans. I used to love TGM especially for park days but I lost confidence in those recommendations since nothing else is ever updated. :sad1:

Of the three, EasyWDW. I like that he explains why a park isn't reccommended and that he does posts that are just walking around the park and updates on things that are going on. And it's free!

Definitely stay the hell away from TGM, which is basically a website where you can throw your money away.

The touringplans vs easywdw debate will never end. Both are great sites.

I just joined TP yesterday, but they don't seem to offer an explanation as to why they choose which park....

There is a good bit of information in Disney World Park Recommendations under the <Crowd Calendar> tab on the TP website along with the FAQ's. It is broad compared to the daily explanations provided by easyWDW but gives some pretty good logic.

I usually look at both easyWDW and TP and some of the days match up for good reason (or looks right to me) while other days will have conflicting recommendations. We have park-hopped on some days and the crowds seem to match well with one or the other or both at the time (i.e. the recommended park had light crowds while the "worst park" was noticably heavier). We have also visited the same park twice in a week and the crowds were noticably different on the two days and were in line with the website predicitions.

I guess I liked tgm since he boke it up in morning/night...we tour til 2ish then back to resort and out to dinner.

EasyWDW! Most acurate site I've used, and Josh has touring plans. They're listed on the right hand side under "Cheat Sheets." Plus, he's fun to read.

Hope Easy WDW and TP agree and feel good about your choices.

I think many on these boards would agree that a good touring plan is MUCH more important than which day you go to which park.

I do really like the TP app and ability to update (reoptimize) in real time from the park.

I'm just being my anal self....we live in fl, have ap's and if we miss something its not the end of the world. But its rare we go in crowded august.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter