• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Touring Plans Room Request Success?

firstwdw

DIS Veteran
Any success recently with room requests using Touring Plans and if yes, what resort?? Thanks! Years ago we had great success with Touring Plans room request service but not sure if it still works.

We had success on our January trip @ BWI. We ended up next door to the room we had requested.

We got the exact rooms we requested at POR, POFQ, and AKV. And close rooms at YC, SSR, and Poly. CSR assigned us something completely opposite of what we requested...almost like it was done on purpose.

We got the exact rooms we requested at POR, POFQ, and AKV. And close rooms at YC, SSR, and Poly. CSR assigned us something completely opposite of what we requested...almost like it was done on purpose.
Interesting on CSR......that happened to us at Caribbean Beach in Nov. It ended up being a great location but nowhere near what I requested. Years ago we would get the exact room or the room right next to our request.

I, on the other hand, have never had success with TP room requests. Twice at CL, I’ve asked signature services if my request was on file and was told no. So now when I stay CL, I only make my requests through sig service. I make a regular room request through chat and have been lucky that way with simple requests - like two queens instead of a king.

I did not have success this past fall (wanted Copper Creek Studio on a high floor facing the WL pool-- got about halfway up facing Boulder Ridge) . Crossing my fingers for my GDT request in March.

TP request fax has always gotten our multiple rooms/travel parties very close to each other if not right next door over many years at Boardwalk, Pop and OKW. This May will be a real test: one room for just me, my sister and our dad. I've requested a specific room in Jamaica at CBR that is close to the smoking area so my dad can enjoy his evening cigar without a great deal of walking. Crossing fingers!

I am thinking of subscribing. What info do you have to provide when you make a room request?

I had great success using the Touring Plans room request at POP century a few years ago....I didn't get the exact room, however, I got the floor and location that I wanted.

I just signed up and it let me put down a number I want to request but it didn’t allow me to be specific with my request. I added it to add note of my plan but don’t know if they will see that.

Have only used it twice and worked both times! Had more vague requests though… wanted a view of the monorail at the grand floridian villas (my boys love the monorail so being able to watch it from the balcony was magical) and wanted a 1 bedroom with the fridge in the kitchen layout at copper creek (the 1 bedrooms have different layouts… one where the fridge is by the entry door and another where it is in the kitchen).

I just signed up and it let me put down a number I want to request but it didn’t allow me to be specific with my request. I added it to add note of my plan but don’t know if they will see that.
You don't want to get specific with your requests. They are general for a reason. The more specific you get the lower your chance of success. Leave the verbiage they fill based on the room you select

I got most of what I wanted in December at All-Star Music. I wanted a third floor room in one of the further back buildings facing some trees, or anything besides a courtyard. Just for the sake of picking a room, I think requested something in the 3 or 4 building, although honestly I wasn't that picky. I ended up in the 8 building, but I did get the third floor facing trees so I was happy. I just wanted something where I had a lesser chance of hearing people running around.

You don't want to get specific with your requests. They are general for a reason. The more specific you get the lower your chance of success. Leave the verbiage they fill based on the room you select
It didn’t let me do anything but click on room number and request that number room. No other chance to put other rooms in or what side it was facing. Is this new or am I missing something

Did not work last week for Boardwalk, although I requested the only standard view room that had a sliver of view of the lake. But did get a really good room right off the lobby, close to everything. Has worked in the past for me at GF.

It didn’t let me do anything but click on room number and request that number room. No other chance to put other rooms in or what side it was facing. Is this new or am I missing something
After you select that room, Go back and find the button that says configure room request and then you can type stuff in to explain. I would list requests in order of importance to you. For example:
1. Near lobby
2. Ground floor
3. Lake view

hope that helps!

I was around the corner from my requested room at BCV in December. In February at ASMu, I was in a totally different building and section than what I requested, but the room matched all the features of the room I requested (top floor, close to the stairs) and looking at the resort map, I can see how the room assigner thought it was an equal room, not knowing that I wanted to cut through the parking lot to shorten the walk to the buses.

You can also submit your room request for free directly thru Disney. I doubt the mechanism you use makes any difference in what success you will have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter