Touring Plans Room Request Fax

I'm playing around with the requests for CBR. I don't need anything specific, I don't care about the view, I don't even care which floor - I'd just really like Aruba 51 or Jamaica 45 because they're the closest standard rooms to the main pool/building. Is there a way to just request a specific building? Do I just go in and edit out the rooms requested and type whatever I want?

We have found it best to call the main reservation line and add "Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51" to our reservation. Our last 6 trips we've gotten Jamaica 45.

I'm playing around with the requests for CBR. I don't need anything specific, I don't care about the view, I don't even care which floor - I'd just really like Aruba 51 or Jamaica 45 because they're the closest standard rooms to the main pool/building. Is there a way to just request a specific building? Do I just go in and edit out the rooms requested and type whatever I want?

I would pick a room in one of those buildings and then in the notes section at the bottom - include your fall back priorities (anywhere in building 45/51). We just stayed in Jamaica 4523 - it's super convenient to the main pool - it's in the back corner of 45 near the walkway to the cut thru!! FYI - the jamaica pool is currently down for refurb!

I haven't done it myself but you would be able to go in and add each confirmation number in the comments box so they would be aware of your request and which rooms would like to be together. You could even go one step further and note which is your Mothers and indicate that it's most important those are as close to each other as possible. It can't hurt.

Thanks!

@lentesta

I just clicked "Click here to make a request for this room" on a picture in your room view section. It did not populate a screen to make a note or see the fax. I don't see a place on my TP dashboard to adjust it. Am I missing it? I have something special I would like to request. How should I go about including it? Thanks for everything you do! I've been agonizing over my plans for weeks. I finally subscribed to TP yesterday and completed all my plans in one evening!

Hey @Naomi Rohrbaugh. I see @AngiTN has answer this (Thanks AngiTN!). But send an email if there's anything else I can do: len at touringplans. Thanks for using the site!

We got our Touring Plans request at CBR last week but had to move due to an overwhelming mildew/smoke/mold smell. We were so excited and then so disappointed and frustrated that that room was even in inventory with that odor!

1. We are DVC members, so is it wiser to use TP room fax request or to call Member Services to make a request?

2. If I do either method above, should I go in and modify my online check in requests and take them all out? The online check in really doesn't allow for much in the way of requests anyway.

1. We are DVC members, so is it wiser to use TP room fax request or to call Member Services to make a request?

2. If I do either method above, should I go in and modify my online check in requests and take them all out? The online check in really doesn't allow for much in the way of requests anyway.
2. I do both since we usually arrive early and want early check in when possible and to click that you have to make an additional selection
So I find something that reiterates my TP choices, like if I pick a room near the lobby on TP I will also click near lobby during online check in.

That depends on what I want most. If early check in is something that is very important I still check it. Sometimes it's still a priority over the other requests.
But, I also tend to watch the occupancy the night before we arrive. If I see they are sold out I will often leave it unchecked. If there are still rooms available, I check it (if we are arriving before 3:00)
How do you check occupancy? Just search for a night on WDW's website to see if there are rooms available?

How do you check occupancy? Just search for a night on WDW's website to see if there are rooms available?
Yes

Not fool proof of course but gives a ball park idea. If there are no rooms I'm going with the assumption my chance of an early room are small. If there are rooms then my chance is a little higher. But it's always just a chance

Yes

Not fool proof of course but gives a ball park idea. If there are no rooms I'm going with the assumption my chance of an early room are small. If there are rooms then my chance is a little higher. But it's always just a chance
Totally understand. I never would have thought of doing this, so thanks :) We will be up at 4am and our flight lands at 9am and up until later that night, its just me and a 3 year old so my room being ready is most important for me (of course, just a request).

We got our Touring Plans request at CBR last week but had to move due to an overwhelming mildew/smoke/mold smell. We were so excited and then so disappointed and frustrated that that room was even in inventory with that odor!

Oh, what's the room number? We can add notes and ratings to individual rooms, and that will help. Thanks for this info!

Thanks, I know this as well but have never had a positive experience in doing so. My last 2 most recent trips were a lot of, "Oh, I don't see that on your reservation" or "oh, it must not have gotten saved or been deleted". Minor, I know. But still somewhat annoying, which is why I'd rather just try something new and fax it directly there. I did have my request of connecting rooms added to the reservation for this trip, too, but as I said, I have little faith in that at this point. Fingers crossed that TP has better luck than I have recently.

I have never had a positive experience calling and telling a CM either.

I can't remember if I got a confirmation from TP, but I did have a good experience with their fax service last February. I had requested connecting rooms, 4th floor, Boca Chica for 2 GF-LV rooms and we got the exact rooms I had requested which were GREAT as, when we looked to the side, we could see the castle and the fireworks. Again, the fax is just a request, but our request was honored!!
We also sent a fax from touring plans last year for a Grand Floridian room and we got our request too.

This January we used TP Fax Service. We were at POP and I requested room 5113, 1st floor, lake view, end room, looking at a cool bench and the path around the lake. I also requested early check-in (noon). I got room 5118, just a few doors down from 5113. Same view, but a bit closer to Main Hall and the Buses. I also got my “Room is Ready” text when our plane landed in Orlando at 11:20!
I have read to make sure your Fax request are not different than your Online Check-in Request.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter