Touring Plans Not At Park Opening

huskies90

DIS Veteran
Are there touring plans on any of the touring plans sites that are designed for getting to the parks mid day or do all of them only work if you are there for the rope drop?

Some of the touringplans are specifically designed for arrival at about 11 am. Others are morning only, afternoon only, etc. More of the plans are for rope drop because you can get so much done in the first hour or so.

Some of the touringplans are specifically designed for arrival at about 11 am. Others are morning only, afternoon only, etc. More of the plans are for rope drop because you can get so much done in the first hour or so.
Thanks!! So, then how much of the success of using a touring plan is based on arriving at rope drop (and having some understanding of the park, like which attractions are most popular etc) and how much is based on the plan itself. That is what I am trying to gage...TIA

I personally feel rope drop is the most important part of the day. Your results may vary according to your travel season. If you are going during a busier time of year I feel rope drop is not to be underestimated.:thumbsup2

I have been looking for these too. Doing an EMH then hopping before lunch.
This is what I am doing too. I subscribed to touringplans.com and all the plans are either muliple days or require being there at rope drop. So, I am starting to question the value if all it means to be successful is being there at rope drop.

If you subscribe to Ridemax you can set the arrival time foe each day and each park, input the rides you want to go and it will create a plan for you. You can create several plans for the same day with different start time in case you are earlier or later arriving than you thought. We used this at Disneyland in the summer and it was great.

I was going to mention Ridemax.com too. I subscribed last week and I love that you can actually tell them what time you plan on being at the park. You can even schedule break times. I am loving it so far.:thumbsup2

This is what I am doing too. I subscribed to touringplans.com and all the plans are either muliple days or require being there at rope drop. So, I am starting to question the value if all it means to be successful is being there at rope drop.

I'm pretty sure that there are plans for late risers on that site. Otherwise just cut an itinerary in half. Take the morning half of the EMH park and the afternoon of the the other park. I also found his list for the best time to visit attractions very helpful too.

What is this Ridemax.com?
Is it new or old?
Has anyone tried both touringplans.com and this and have any comparisons after their trip?

Take another look I think they have what they call sleep in plans and late arrival plans.

:surfweb: :rose:

Yes, I love rope drop as much as the next person, but I have a partner who likes to sleep in some days. So, those late start plans on touringplans.com are a godsend. :wizard:

There is more to the wisdom of touringplan.com than just when you arrive. There is research and data collection on crowd levels and guest flow through the parks. I trust touringplans.com to make my trips as magical as possible. It's the best money that I spend on my Disney trip planning! :thumbsup2

Is it new or old?
Has anyone tried both touringplans.com and this and have any comparisons after their trip?

Ridemax is a customizable tour planner. You tell the program what you want to do and the time you will be in the park and it spits out a plan to get it done.
I love that I am able to make the plan unique to my family. Touring plans works, but I'm spoiled by the custom program of Ridemax.

Touringplans.com does have "late-arrival" plans or "sleep-in" plans that start around 1:00 PM and some that start at 1:00 PM. I think they are listed under "Miscellaneous."

We just got back from our trip. We used the Late Arrival MK plan on 2/3 and arrived about 1:00 PM. We were able to walk on to everything we wanted to see! We seriously did not wait for anything. I couldn't believe it! (We did skip all of Tomorrowland, though, and I think Space Mountain had a pretty long wait.)

Other than arrival day, though, we are rope-drop people. We live so far away and only get to go every few years so we want to do as much as we can when we're there!

Is it new or old?

Love the new version of Ridemax :) It lets you schedule parades and shows (and specific showtimes if you wish) and build in meal breaks. It did a great job for us last week.

I used tourguidemike.com and was able to use it even on days when we were not there at rope drop. I found his site to be well worth it for us, first-timers.

My quick check of touringplans.com shows they have these plans that aren't rope-drop plans:

--MK adult "sleep in" plan (1 and 2 day)
--MK adult for 1 afternoon and 1 full day
--DHS 1-day "late arrival" (which they say is around 11 am) plan
--Epcot 1-day "late arrival" plan for small children

and that's just what I found in about 3 minutes. I'm sure there are others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter